This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    On a side note Walmart has a lot more to be ashamed of than just pulling a backstab to the second amendment. Personally I hope all the hillbillies stop shopping there and the company goes belly up. My guess is they'll go the route of Kmart.
    Kmart died and sears bought it. Now Sears is dead and Lowes bought Craftsman tools.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
      I was thinking this may backfire on them, but not sure how much volume of ammo they sell. The store up here had some good deals on shotgun shells, that was about it. They also have good prices on some fishing lures.

I'm thinking much ado about nothing, really.
      They have great ammo prices in all the common calibers. Steel case 7.62, 9mm and .45 for the same price as online sometimes. I am bummed.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
        They have great ammo prices in all the common calibers. Steel case 7.62, 9mm and .45 for the same price as online sometimes. I am bummed.
        Not up here, AFIAK. Low inventory every time I go, except for shotgun shells.

I can get cheaper and better variety (plus cases stacked up) at Black Sheep...
        Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Someone said the middle east would go like that?? They have been locked in war for like 10,000 years.

The original civil war was fought by people who didn't have cell phones, TV, and a general disregard for personal fitness. Even that die hard militia that took over the park couldn't hold out for more than a couple weeks. I just don't know if our current country could put that much effort into a real civil war.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
            I used to go to Walmart just because I could get a couple boxes of ammo in the same trip as my groceries. But I stopped going there when they stopped carrying the 7.62 ammo that was cheep. I get my groceries from Winn Dixie. I don't know about up where you live, but they closed down all the Kmarts around here. We do have a Sam's club but they are putting in something called a BJ's or something like that. It looks just like Sam's club in their member prices.

So, I think this is a bad move by walmart at a time when other people are moving into their market. It will be interesting to watch how it plays out.
            My guess is local shops will get a sales boom.

Comment

I was thinking this may backfire on them, but not sure how much volume of ammo they sell. The store up here had some good deals on shotgun shells, that was about it. They also have good prices on some fishing lures.

I'm thinking much ado about nothing, really.
              Walmart gets a good portion of their overall revenue from the exact people they're going to piss off with this move. I really hope it bites them in the ass.

Comment

My guess is CTD and Midway will get a sales boom.
                Fixed.
                Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

On a side note Walmart has a lot more to be ashamed of than just pulling a backstab to the second amendment. Personally I hope all the hillbillies stop shopping there and the company goes belly up. My guess is they'll go the route of Kmart.
                  Not only hillbillies shop at Walmart. I mean, I know you are trying to be funny, but even up here in nazi-white-supremicist cracker-land the demographic at Walmart is pretty broad.
                  Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Someone said the middle east would go like that?? They have been locked in war for like 10,000 years.

The original civil war was fought by people who didn't have cell phones, TV, and a general disregard for personal fitness. Even that die hard militia that took over the park couldn't hold out for more than a couple weeks. I just don't know if our current country could put that much effort into a real civil war.
                    We were talking about another US Civil War.

The US is still having soldiers killed in the Middle East.
                    You have militant groups, not saying they are good, who have been larping in the woods for 20 years waiting for this shit.
                    That militant group should have lasted for an hour not weeks.

Comment

Walmart gets a good portion of their overall revenue from the exact people they're going to piss off with this move. I really hope it bites them in the ass.
                      Yeah, well we all know how most people are in America.

Angry gun owners: Fuck Walmart. Those Libtard facing gun banning ammo hiding PC appeasers.
                      Angry Gun owner: Buys all other good ammo at Walmart while grumbling.

Remember, we heard the same shit when many of them stopped selling handguns.

Hell, the NFL is going strong after everyone said Fuck them for the Kneeling and hiding CTE.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                        Yeah, well we all know how most people are in America.

Angry gun owners: Fuck Walmart. Those Libtard facing gun banning ammo hiding PC appeasers.
                        Angry Gun owner: Buys all other good ammo at Walmart while grumbling.

Remember, we heard the same shit when many of them stopped selling handguns.

Hell, the NFL is going strong after everyone said Fuck them for the Kneeling and hiding CTE.
                        Maybe most. There are a substantial number though that do practice boycotting. Nike can expect to see sales drop. Wearing out my last pair.
                        Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                          Maybe most. There are a substantial number though that do practice boycotting. Nike can expect to see sales drop. Wearing out my last pair.
                          I stopped shopping at Dick's Sporting Goods up until now.

However, the ultimate solution is just to patronize the local firearm stores, and the online firearm supply stores.

And then shop at Walmart or Dick Sporting Good's if we want to for other things.

If Walmart and Dick's don't want the foot traffic or incremental revenue, from the ammo or firearms, so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                            We will disagree on substantial who actually practice versus the substantial who shit talk.

Edit:
                            It is all about revenue. If sales drop, but they make Billions, which NIKE did, it will change nothing. You have to hit their overall bottom line. They don’t care about anything. They cashed in on an opportunity, just like walmart.

It’s like the people pointing at the NFL dropped TV ratings and viewership. Then forgetting they make money off of fantasy football, espn highlights and the NFL red zone all watched by people claiming to boycott.
                            Last edited by It is Fake; 9/06/2019 2:48pm, .

Comment

Not only hillbillies shop at Walmart. I mean, I know you are trying to be funny, but even up here in nazi-white-supremicist cracker-land the demographic at Walmart is pretty broad.
                              True, but it's easier to make fun of their dumbest of patrons. There are entire pic a day calendars with people of Walmart.

Comment

This one caught my eye, for sure. Engage full troll-mode... NOW.

Colt has admitted that it can no longer stay profitable in the civvy AR-15 space, because the bottom has fallen out of that market, and has basically undercut everything they do which isn't backed by a government contract.
                                https://apnews.com/fbdf5e5f6d654332bbedfaffe3663154

Oh, wait, that's not a troll. They actually said that.
                                Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X