This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Their ammo prices are going to reach the stratosphere. Does it include a waiting period too??
    Thankfully no.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
      Thankfully no.
      It would be especially funny to buy the smallest amount of ammo over and over just so the store had to run a background check each time.

Comment

It would be especially funny to buy the smallest amount of ammo over and over just so the store had to run a background check each time.
        I think it's a $10 fee each time. Thankfully Oregon is still free from that shit so I don't have to deal with it.

Comment

I think it's a $10 fee each time. Thankfully Oregon is still free from that shit so I don't have to deal with it.
          Have they arrested those senators yet?
          Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
            Have they arrested those senators yet?
            No. They couldn't find enough well-armed bachelors.

Comment

No. They couldn't find enough well-armed bachelors.
              I guess not, LOL, that was quite the quote from that particular Senator, I had a chuckle over it.

I can't see them getting detained unless they have broken some sort of law by not showing up. I mean, a warrant for arrest requires a judge find probable cause.

A progressive governor sending her personal militia/police force after them is kinda ironic...

Where is Rose City Antifa when the Republic needs to be defended ?

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                I guess not, LOL, that was quite the quote from that particular Senator, I had a chuckle over it.

I can't see them getting detained unless they have broken some sort of law by not showing up. I mean, a warrant for arrest requires a judge find probable cause.

A progressive governor sending her personal militia/police force after them is kinda ironic...

Where is Rose City Antifa when the Republic needs to be defended ?
                Actually the Oregon constitution has a provision that allows the governor to use OSP to forcibly retrieve state senators for the purpose of having a quorum. That's the source of her authority on this. Unfortunately for her, OSP has no jurisdiction outside of the state of Oregon.

Comment

Actually the Oregon constitution has a provision that allows the governor to use OSP to forcibly retrieve state senators for the purpose of having a quorum. That's the source of her authority on this. Unfortunately for her, OSP has no jurisdiction outside of the state of Oregon.
                  I was wondering on the authority. Nope, OSP has nothing out of state.

Comment

10$ fee to who?? If you have to pay an extra 10 on every ammo purchase then you are going to see every gun owner in California making runs to Nevada for ammo.

Comment

I think that if the senators are not going to do their fucking jobs they should be fired. Plain and simple.

Comment

I think that if the senators are not going to do their fucking jobs they should be fired. Plain and simple.
                        I think some would argue that the senators in question ARE doing their jobs, and are standing by their principles by exercising the only option available to them to prevent passing of legislation that they think will negatively impact the people of Oregon. I suppose that will be up to their constituents to decide at the ballot box next time around.

I don't really have a dog in the fight and have to caveat that I haven't taken much time to educate myself on the legislation they are attempting to block, but I have to admit some grudging admiration for politicians willing to stick their necks out for their beliefs.
                        "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius View Post
                          I think some would argue that the senators in question ARE doing their jobs, and are standing by their principles by exercising the only option available to them to prevent passing of legislation that they think will negatively impact the people of Oregon. I suppose that will be up to their constituents to decide at the ballot box next time around.

I don't really have a dog in the fight and have to caveat that I haven't taken much time to educate myself on the legislation they are attempting to block, but I have to admit some grudging admiration for politicians willing to stick their necks out for their beliefs.
                          Not sure if your serious. If this kind of stunt becomes the norm in oregon legislature; you think that Facilitates good governance?

Personally it sounds like the most juvenile shit i can imagine a politician doing. Unless Oregon is voting to euthanize people.
                          Last edited by lant3rn; 6/29/2019 3:33pm, .

Comment

The problem is that this is the only way the Republicans can have a voice since the DNC has a supermajority in both houses here. That being said, can and trade is a really stupid hill to die on.

Comment

The problem is that this is the only way the Republicans can have a voice since the DNC has a supermajority in both houses here. That being said, can and trade is a really stupid hill to die on.
                              That is your elected government right, do Oregon republicans hate democracy? This comes off as just partisan douchebaggery. Just because you disagree doesn’t mean you can’t discuss your dissent, that’s what a legislature is designed for; people resolving issues like adults.

Comment

Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
                                Not sure if your serious. If this kind of stunt becomes the norm in oregon legislature; you think that Facilitates good governance?

Personally it sounds like the most juvenile shit i can imagine a politician doing. Unless Oregon is voting to euthanize people.
                                Have you lived in an elected region where one side or the other has a supermajority in the legislature and also has the executive office? I have, and it sucks. There is no honest discussion, only theater where the party in power does pretty much whatever it wants in the end. Sometimes what people do has less to do with the current issue and more to do with the feeling of powerlessness of not being listened to about anything.

I don't know that the issue in question is really worth the current drama. Then again, it's not strictly pertinent in a megathread in The Armory focused on the topic of gun control, either. Yet here I am, not tossing all these posts about it in trollshido. Absolutely magnanimous of me. Enjoy your table scraps, everyone of the wrong point of view. You're welcome.

See what I did there?

Edit: adjusted post to be more inclusive of non U.S. citizens
                                "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X