X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Just checking in, doing nothing and noticed ass hat is back in true form.
    Oh good, you're still alive.

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Just checking in, doing nothing and noticed ass hat is back in true form.

Leave a comment:

• kimjonghng
    replied
    Been getting the business started and things are slowly beginning to go. Got recruits and users now so that's good.

About to go walk the dog.

I got back to karate this week and it's good to be back. With most gyms closed I might as well use the time to practice what I can. I know the HEMA guys and some submission grapplers are still active so that's probs what Im going to do now in the small classes just to keep more active and hopefully not get too rusty. Im getting a bit stir crazy without training and running and calisthenics only does so much for me.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Lily View Post
    Great progression DB! Next, dedicate “Just the way you are”
    to Rabbit.

Usul - I see you read up on the pianoforte and gave me some copypasta? Note the use of the word “too” in my original post responding to you...dimensions, right there.
    ​​​​​For my next trick I'll tie your endearing Dune reference to ancient Turkish music, but not until the proper time.
    ​​​​​
    The piano has more strings than any other stringed instrument in history.

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woah.

Leave a comment:

• Lily
    replied
    Great progression DB! Next, dedicate “Just the way you are”
    to Rabbit.

Usul - I see you read up on the pianoforte and gave me some copypasta? Note the use of the word “too” in my original post responding to you...dimensions, right there.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Ignoring me is fairly dangerous.
    Yeah. I'm told genital warts cause penile and cervical cancer. Do not ignore the warning signs cause someone might chop your junk off. Use that topical cream as indicated by your physician consistently and if you miss even one day then start over ASAP.

My younger brother has been crying his eyes out for almost 3 decades now because of a fiance he lost to cervical cancer so get that vaccine for all your loved ones too. Boys and girls. The life you save could be your own.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied

Good for you (you are a heathen for learning online :P)

It is an instrument that can give you positive feedback much sooner than pretty much anything I’ve ever tried. If you sing as well, all the better. I’ve played for well over three decades and it continues to give me great joy and even solace at times. I still start with my scales or some Czerny to keep my fingers dextrous.

Who doesn’t love Harry Connick Jr??

Ignore W Rabbit and his triangle playing. I played in a percussion band all through high school btw and yes, you can make ‘music’ (timpani anyone??). You do realise the piano is a fricken percussion instrument too right? Right???!
    I know right? Sure. There was music before there were pianos. There was also a paternity test in the ancient world. It involved making the pregnant girl drink mud from the floor of the temple and stoning her to death if she got sick. I'm sure it didn't work very well but it was good enough for ignorant savages.

I don't have a choice on learning from software. I'm going to practice on my own until this pandemic is over and will probably find someone to properly instruct me. I'm a pretty fast study since I already read sheet music. I'm already up to Standard Level 3 challenges. Once I learned the corresponding keys it was just a matter of developing the coordination to use both hands simultaneously. Always wanted to play jazz piano and be the cool guy who can play Billy Joel tunes.
    Last edited by Dung Beatles; 10/07/2020 10:54pm, .

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied

Sometimes I wonder just how many dimensions you are capable of perceiving.

Just ask QAnon.
    Lily, I just realized I owe you further explanation. You exhibited a false dichotomy fallacy. What I meant by dimensions was the the piano is not exclusively a percussion instrument. It's more complex than that, hence not "basic" and definitely not one family or another.

It is a string instrument with percussive action, which makes it impossible to categorize as any one family.

The piano is polyphonic and utilize strings, unlike almost all other percussion instruments, and like the harp or guitar that use fingers as their hammer, would normally fall into the string section.

Either way, the piano is a very complex instrument compared to say, Michael Carabello on the conga. Here, let me show you what I mean with video. Notice how the "keyboardists" as they like to be called nowadays are clapping their hands instead of hitting keys. No piano ever defeated a drum.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/07/2020 8:28pm, .

Leave a comment:

• kimjonghng
    replied
    Car passed it's MOT, had some calls with the new ISA's who signed up to work for the company and organising the finer details on a big deal for the company. Made a more refined draft of my next writing project (I basically road map the content, then divide into chapters and act structure before expanding it)

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied

It is an instrument that can give you positive feedback much sooner than pretty much anything I’ve ever tried. If you sing as well, all the better. I’ve played for well over three decades and it continues to give me great joy and even solace at times. I still start with my scales or some Czerny to keep my fingers dextrous.

Ignore W Rabbit and his triangle playing. I played in a percussion band all through high school btw and yes, you can make ‘music’ (timpani anyone??). You do realise the piano is a fricken percussion instrument too right? Right???!
    Sometimes I wonder just how many dimensions you are capable of perceiving.

Just ask QAnon.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    "What does Marsellus Wallace look like?"

Leave a comment:

• Tranquil Suit
    replied
    Allow me to retort.
    "What does Marsellus Wallace look like?"

Leave a comment:

• Lily
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    Started learning piano. I can't believe I didn't do it sooner.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied

I want to expound on this for a moment. I honestly don't think a person can call themselves a musician unless they know the basics of piano and sheet music. It's the most basic instrument in the world and the foundation of modern musical theory was built using it. I'm figuring out that there are things that you really won't learn soon enough in your development if you only learn other instruments first. You can reach concepts much sooner with piano than other instruments. There were people that tried to intercede with me early but like a stupid arrogant stubborn SOB I just blew it off. Don't do what I did. Now is the best time in the world to learn piano anyway. There's so much software out there. I"m using the one Harry Connick Jr is on because he's royalty where I come from. Everyone loves Harry, even if you don't like music. He's like Frank Sinatra without all the mobsters, the rat pack or the cocaine.
    Allow me to retort.

First, musicians existed before both "sheet music" and the piano.

Second, the "most basic"? There are far more basic instruments, particularly percussion.

Do you even drum, brah?

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/04/2020 12:25am, .

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Started learning piano. I can't believe I didn't do it sooner.
    I want to expound on this for a moment. I honestly don't think a person can call themselves a musician unless they know the basics of piano and sheet music. It's the most basic instrument in the world and the foundation of modern musical theory was built using it. I'm figuring out that there are things that you really won't learn soon enough in your development if you only learn other instruments first. You can reach concepts much sooner with piano than other instruments. There were people that tried to intercede with me early but like a stupid arrogant stubborn SOB I just blew it off. Don't do what I did. Now is the best time in the world to learn piano anyway. There's so much software out there. I"m using the one Harry Connick Jr is on because he's royalty where I come from. Everyone loves Harry, even if you don't like music. He's like Frank Sinatra without all the mobsters, the rat pack or the cocaine.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X