What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kimjonghng View Post
    I heard we'd moved on to a new set of waifus in the last few years? Been a while since I played, though I do know of that K/DA music video using LoL in a K-pop style and Ahri is among them (shes basically the postergirl for this series now)

Being a Kumiho/Kitsune influenced character, just on mythology alone she'd be a little on the sultry side of things.
    Yeah seems a bit that way. Although I'm not super up to speed on all the culture of the game, I just screw around on it to relax.

Yeah the K/DA stuff is pretty much what I meant earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
      6am Judo is going to be an ugly affair,

where I show up smelling like Frank Gallagher,

open up the room,

and then proceed to play like Sakuraba.
      This turned out to be a true prediction.

Comment

This turned out to be a true prediction.
        Not surprisingly.

One thing I am really hoping for is that I can rid myself of these wierd numbness problems by the end of this year. Called the hospital to clarify some things with the doctor Im seeing to see what Im still able to do. He wants me back to sport but to be careful about numbness. Didn't mention anything about a burning feeling though, and that's what Ive got.

Comment

Not surprisingly.

One thing I am really hoping for is that I can rid myself of these wierd numbness problems by the end of this year. Called the hospital to clarify some things with the doctor Im seeing to see what Im still able to do. He wants me back to sport but to be careful about numbness. Didn't mention anything about a burning feeling though, and that's what Ive got.
          Sounds like a nerve issue, for sure.

Comment

Sounds like a nerve issue, for sure.
            yeah, it's to do with that slipped disc I have. It's gone inward onto the spinal column. I can still do a lot more than when it first happened, but it's about risk monitoring. If I were to force myself back to going full beast mode like i was two years back (lifting and doing kudo, judo and kickboxing every day) with my spine as it is I could risk developing cuada equina, and that's immediate surgery with possibility of paralysis and loss of bowel/bladder control. I dont want to be 27 and pissing/shitting life away in a wheelchair I can't get out of.

The key one is to make sure it's not numbness in saddle area, loss of leg control or just spontaneously shitting everywhere.

Comment

Not surprisingly.

Sounds like a symptom called Radiculopathy. I won't advise on any type of treatment but I will say that it can be cause by inflammation which typically responds well to anti-inflammatories.
              Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	AD4A5DF9-06DB-444C-9345-9DEE4DD98C99.jpg
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	4330703

Name:	F87FB0A9-7CD4-4190-907D-4DBBB915A1AC.jpg
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	4330704

Name:	2B333713-CE00-4958-8FCA-9517C6E0BC5B.jpg
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	4330705
                Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
                  Sounds like a symptom called Radiculopathy. I won't advise on any type of treatment but I will say that it can be cause by inflammation which typically responds well to anti-inflammatories.
                  yeah that's pretty normal with this apparently, I'm never too sure what ones to take. Ibuprofen is a no no due to family history of severe asthma.

Comment

yeah that's pretty normal with this apparently, I'm never too sure what ones to take. Ibuprofen is a no no due to family history of severe asthma.
                    You could also try some dietary approaches.

Consult with your doctor / nutritionist.

But, I would not take the matter lightly.

Some nerve issues require surgical intervention or things go from bad to life changing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kovacs View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]18068[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18069[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18070[/ATTACH]
                      Pigeon and European Collared Dove (an invasive species in the US) are yummy. We shoot either whenever we can, and eat them.

The heart, liver, and gizzard are tasty as well, BTW.
                      Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                        Pigeon and European Collared Dove (an invasive species in the US) are yummy. We shoot either whenever we can, and eat them.

The heart, liver, and gizzard are tasty as well, BTW.
                        Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

You could also try some dietary approaches.

Consult with your doctor / nutritionist.

But, I would not take the matter lightly.

Some nerve issues require surgical intervention or things go from bad to life changing.
                          As I've already stated when this has been discussed since I first did this over a year ago, it's why I'm not competing in anything and I'm following a physical therapy routine. I've got to be in this sort of state where I've got the muscle to reinforce my core and back, while at the same time, lean enough to not be carrying excess weight if I can help it. That's as far as I got with diet help, but it's very much a common sense thing.

They want to hold off on surgery with me simply BECAUSE it can be life changing. If I was totally unable to walk within a few weeks of it first happening theyd have done something, but Ive retained and regained most of my mobility, so it's in the 'wait and observe' field. A bit sucky really because it means there's always the 'what if this gets worse' idea, but also the 'at least im not charles xavier'd'

Comment

Hey wabbit, for someone who claims to be so violently opposed to Trump that you are prepared to threaten and challenge anyone you suspect of being a Trumper, you sure do use a lot of Trump style rhetoric

Distraction, whataboutism, dishonesty, empty threats

Whilst I'm sure you'd love to distract from the pertinent issue, I will hold your feet to the fire. Not because I want to see you banned, because believe it or not I believe that, when you stick to your lane you often provide some excellent posts

However, you are bang out order with this fake gong sau buisness and those you have affected deserve an appology

Also, every forum needs a pariah, and better you than me

Comment

As I've already stated when this has been discussed since I first did this over a year ago, it's why I'm not competing in anything and I'm following a physical therapy routine. I've got to be in this sort of state where I've got the muscle to reinforce my core and back, while at the same time, lean enough to not be carrying excess weight if I can help it. That's as far as I got with diet help, but it's very much a common sense thing.

They want to hold off on surgery with me simply BECAUSE it can be life changing. If I was totally unable to walk within a few weeks of it first happening theyd have done something, but Ive retained and regained most of my mobility, so it's in the 'wait and observe' field. A bit sucky really because it means there's always the 'what if this gets worse' idea, but also the 'at least im not charles xavier'd'
                              By diet, I did not simply mean issues of optimal weight, but also:

1) adopting diets that minimize your own inflammation, and

2) there are some foods that have molecules in them with potential nerve or neurological benefit.

If you tolerate eating those foods well, there is no reason not to include them in your diet.

Coconut oil, avocados, etc.

Further, in combination of the above two points,

other foods, such as turmeric combined with black pepper,

also sometimes have have a slight anti-inflammatory effect,

as does green tea,

and one does not need to buy expensive supplements,

one can simply include them in reasonable portion in one's diet according to their normal dietary use,

and many people find these food stuffs delicious outside of potential health benefit,

and if you are one of those people, and you do happen to experience a diet based anti-inflammation effect, then good for you.

In all cases, I hope you feel better, and consult with your physician and nutritionist regarding your own situation.

Comment

By diet, I did not simply mean issues of optimal weight, but also:

1) adopting diets that minimize your own inflammation, and

2) there are some foods that have molecules in them with potential nerve or neurological benefit.

If you tolerate eating those foods well, there is no reason not to include them in your diet.

Coconut oil, avocados, etc.

Further, in combination of the above two points,

other foods, such as turmeric combined with black pepper,

also sometimes have have a slight anti-inflammatory effect,

as does green tea,

and one does not need to buy expensive supplements,

one can simply include them in reasonable portion in one's diet according to their normal dietary use,

and many people find these food stuffs delicious outside of potential health benefit,

and if you are one of those people, and you do happen to experience a diet based anti-inflammation effect, then good for you.

In all cases, I hope you feel better, and consult with your physician and nutritionist regarding your own situation.
                                avacado and coconut are two things I absolutely love, and yet nobody in this family besides me eats it, so its almost never in the shopping unless I go because Im the only one able to do it.

If I get the pay rise Im due, Im hoping to use whatever I have left of my earnings outside of savings to get my own shopping and properly prep my meals.

But this is something I'm going to be reading up on, I never considered food anti inflammatory diets because Im used to hearing them dismissed as pseudoscience.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X