What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brend0_ View Post
    Yeah fair call. I always have mixed feelings about it. They shouldn't be putting us in this situation, but I mean if it's going to piss customers off we should just get it done.

Comes down to just silly politics between my manager and previous Production manager. My manager's constantly pushed the point that a backup operator was needed and the old Production manager ignored it, so their stance was "we warned you this was a problem, and we aren't going to allocate you our resources now to fix your mess".

Old Production manager left last year but it's pretty well known it was "leave or you will be fired". Got to the point where everything that he was needed for people just found a way around it because he just wasn't interested. So finding a second operator for the CNC was a much lower priority than fixing the massive backlog of things that had formed.
    Sounds as though it's time to find an able bodied/minded employee wanting to advance and pay him/her accordingly. Operators are low rung by many managers. Get a good one though and they're gold. Because know the product, speeds and feeds plus tooling life.

Curious, what's the end product?
    Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
      Sounds as though it's time to find an able bodied/minded employee wanting to advance and pay him/her accordingly. Operators are low rung by many managers. Get a good one though and they're gold. Because know the product, speeds and feeds plus tooling life.

Curious, what's the end product?
      Haha and here we find the problem. They don't like paying people for doing it. Currently the team leader for that section does it because he's a switched on guy, but even he said he wouldn't trust any of his guys on the machine.

Honestly I need more learning in speeds & feeds etc. Was getting some good experience because I started learning to use the milling machine here, but we got bought by an American company a while after that and their rules prohibited that....

Windows, mainly for residential. Thankfully the CNC is only required for a couple of our newer more complicated systems which aren't currently very high volume.

Comment

Noticed uneaten Triscuit and hummis, yet it is late.

self-discipline has gone out the window.
        Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
          If Wabbit ever admits he's wrong his ego will collapse into a black hole under the sudden intense pressure of self-awareness that will rapidly spaghettify and subsume all nearby matter condensing Earth down to a single infinitely dense point within a matter of seconds.
          Steady on, you make him sound like he's potentially one of my family members

Comment

Them triscuits are damned liars, man. They look healthy. They taste healthy. Nope. Just tasty junk food.
            "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
              User Title.
              Come on dude, think outside the box.
              Brilliant! I didn't realize I could lock that out on a per-user basis.
              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                Brilliant! I didn't realize I could lock that out on a per-user basis.
                I don't know the specifics but i have seen it done.
                I thought it unfair and rude personally.

Comment

Well, I didn't (yet) pull the trigger on Rabbit's title, but I did pull the trigger on commissioning two custom pens. And, now, sadly, I need to work.
                  Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

At least hummus and Triscuits is a healthy snack.
                    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                      At least hummus and Triscuits is a healthy snack.
                      Truth. A steady diet of hummus is proven to help prevent STDs.
                      Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                        Truth. A steady diet of hummus is proven to help prevent STDs.
                        Yeah, that and Falafal can definitely slow them down...

I mean, it's two delicious versions of the same thing, but still...
                        Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                          Yeah, that and Falafal can definitely slow them down...

I mean, it's two delicious versions of the same thing, but still...
                          Not quite. One is loaded with garlic. The other is loaded with cumin.
                          Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Well yesterday's acupuncture session was even more effective than the last one. I'm going to training in a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                              The right thing is for you to go fuck yourself.

You're the one who fears being "hounded".

You hid from Bullshido for years and we both know why: You posted a selfie of your abdominals and nobody was impressed. After a video of you swinging chainsaws, and nobody was impressed. Your take-nothing-seriously posting attitude ruined many threads.

At least i have a fight video that nobody is impressed with. Your best video is on YouTube where you're digging a hole.

That's when RockApe and I decided to go to work. Dave and I were quite a tandem.

I don't think we intended to make you run off but it was inevitable given your style.

I apologized to you. Now I recall my apology. You did deserve it. Dave never apologized for shit, why should I.
                              Your revisionist history aside, the fact remains that you challenged BoonDog and Joe

For someone who seems to think they are a human embodyment of the spirit of Bullshido you dont seem to grasp that you have broken one of the cardinal rules

Either that or you're a paper tiger and are to scared to face the people you challenged IRL, which is ok to, but until to either man up and appologise or man up and step up this issue will haunt you whenever you post here

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                                Not quite. One is loaded with garlic. The other is loaded with cumin.

And this one is loaded with everything.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X