What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    All that happened to me too but I don't have Asberger's Syndrome and neither do you, I'm sure.

It would really interfere with your line of work.
    I think you'd be surprised. Turns out I'm pretty good at one thing. I'm not being paid for my people skills.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
      I think you'd be surprised. Turns out I'm pretty good at one thing. I'm not being paid for my people skills.

Makes sense.

Comment

A real diagnosis, if you've had one, is a tragedy.
        I'll have to disagree with you on this one. My youngest has dual diagnosis of ADHD and ASD (not formalised as Asperger's but definitely at the AS/HFA end of the spectrum).

I could try and describe it a thousand different ways with a a thousand different words. Tragedy would never be one of those words though.
        2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
        #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
          I think you'd be surprised. Turns out I'm pretty good at one thing.
          Breaking hearts?

Welcome to the club.
          '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
            I'll have to disagree with you on this one. My youngest has dual diagnosis of ADHD and ASD (not formalised as Asperger's but definitely at the AS/HFA end of the spectrum).

I could try and describe it a thousand different ways with a a thousand different words. Tragedy would never be one of those words though.
            You don't need to describe it; both my sons have ADHD (diagnoses).

The tragedy comes in with Asberger's in the form of communication disorders. You'd have to see it to understand.

There is nothing sadder than the inability to communicate. As a technical editor, I tailor words. If you saw what someone with Asberger's actually writes...tragedy is exactly the right word.
            “As sweet and funny and sad and true and heartfelt a memoir as one could find.” —from the foreword by Augusten Burroughs

Ever since he was young, John Robison longed to connect with other people, but by the time he was a teenager, his odd habits—an inclination to blurt out non sequiturs, avoid eye contact, dismantle radios, and dig five-foot holes (and stick his younger brother, Augusten Burroughs, in them)—had earned him the label “social deviant.” It was not until he was forty that he was diagnosed with a form of autism called Asperger’s syndrome. That understanding transformed the way he saw himself—and the world. A born storyteller, Robison has written a moving, darkly funny memoir about a life that has taken him from developing exploding guitars for KISS to building a family of his own. It’s a strange, sly, indelible account—sometimes alien yet always deeply human.
            '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

Comment

I was wrong again (take a snapshot).

There is something sadder than the inability to communicate.

"sperg".

Something something..."Bullshido is not 4chan"...I have to keep reminding myself of Phrost's prime imperative.

For the "record" Ghost your social skills are pretty top notch.

Mine on the other hand are even better.

Comment

Ahhh a reference to my favorite infraction I am no longer "suppose" to hand out.

hahahaha
                Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 1/13/2019 7:56pm, . Reason: "a" ... "I" ... same thing... wut evr

Comment

Fuck !!!

Someone removed it! I was going to hit everyone on this page with it.

Fucking Sub.
                  I know it was you!

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                    I know that.
                    I feel quite comfortable with you having guns, at least from what I have seen and know about you.
                    I just wanted to work in a Thank Satan somehow.
                    The really great thing about Old Scratch is worship is not required, not appreciated, nor encouraged.

Do as thou wilst.

Comment

I was wrong again (take a snapshot).

There is something sadder than the inability to communicate.

"sperg".

Something something..."Bullshido is not 4chan"...I have to keep reminding myself of Phrost's prime imperative.

For the "record" Ghost your social skills are pretty top notch.

Mine on the other hand are even better.
                      I shitpost on /fit/ and /k/ too. I can kinda interact now because I spent years working on this shit.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                        Fuck !!!

Someone removed it! I was going to hit everyone on this page with it.

Fucking Sub.
                        I know it was you!
                        Fucking PC culture, what can you do? Taking all the fun out of the job...

I'll have a Coke.
                        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

You don't need to describe it; both my sons have ADHD (diagnoses).

The tragedy comes in with Asberger's in the form of communication disorders. You'd have to see it to understand.

There is nothing sadder than the inability to communicate. As a technical editor, I tailor words. If you saw what someone with Asberger's actually writes...tragedy is exactly the right word.
                          The tragedy is not in the diagnosis.

The tragedy is when people assume they are unable to communicate or empathise because, having never bothered to learn their distinct language, they have never heard what they are trying to say.

The tragedy is not for those that are diagnosed either, but for those who have never heard a truly unique perspective on the world because they couldn't step beyond the limits of their own communication.
                          Last edited by cualltaigh; 1/13/2019 8:10pm, . Reason: Clarity
                          2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
                          #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

Comment

The tragedy is when people assume they are unable to communicate or empathise because, having never bothered to learn their distinct language, they have never heard what they are trying to say.

The tragedy is not for those that are diagnosed either, but for those who have never heard a truly unique perspective on the world because they couldn't step beyond the limits of their own communication.
                            Being understood is overrated.

Comment

I know a young man that is highly intelligent. Different for sure in some ways, but a joy to be around. He has Asperger's. He's a cook, all around good guy and much loved. He'd argue his condition is a tragedy. It's a part of his overall whole.
                              Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                                I know a young man that is highly intelligent. Different for sure in some ways, but a joy to be around. He has Asperger's. He's a cook, all around good guy and much loved. He'd argue his condition is a tragedy. It's a part of his overall whole.
                                Your testimony is irrelevant. It does not take into account Rabbit's feelings. All threads are now about Rabbit, so you need to show him some love, there.
                                Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X