Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
    Ouch, that hurts.

(edit) On the call: Japan, China, Thailand. And, they all speak engrish!
    Just trying to help.
    Ya'll were supposed to hang out like four months ago or something.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
      Just trying to help.
      Ya'll were supposed to hang out like four months ago or something.
      I could walk to his house... ok, it would be a long walk (4-ish miles). Work, pfft. I'm right now on a conf call with a place that is about to break for lunch.

(edit) shortest route 3.6 miles
      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Meanwhile, earlier today...

Kids got a snow day, as did wife. I got to work.
        Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Fucking A, that sucked. Now about to post-mortem with USian parts of client. I guess it's going to be an all-nighter.
          Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

hospital check for spine. They are convinced I am recovering properly, but still want to keep me under assessment till Im completely sorted.

1. I am discouraged from full bends, such as touching my toes or stiff leg deadlifts.
            2. In spite of this, I have been told to get back to more sport. I will probably be trying BJJ soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kimjonghng View Post
              hospital check for spine. They are convinced I am recovering properly, but still want to keep me under assessment till Im completely sorted.

1. I am discouraged from full bends, such as touching my toes or stiff leg deadlifts.
              2. In spite of this, I have been told to get back to more sport. I will probably be trying BJJ soon.
              Be very careful playing guard.

Give up the pass to your partner and tap early rather than further hurt your back.

You may want to just drill and/or ask your partners if you can just play on top.

Comment

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
                Be very careful playing guard.

Give up the pass to your partner and tap early rather than further hurt your back.

You may want to just drill and/or ask your partners if you can just play on top.

I struggle with that latter point, being a power bottom

Comment

First basketball game of season for Son#2.

Scored 5 points, one 3 pointer, one regular, plus a few assists.

Setting up the trap.

Trap closed...almost...
                  Last edited by BKR; 1/10/2019 11:18pm, .
                  Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Slept a lot today since my back is still angry. At this point I don't know what to do when I can't train.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                      Slept a lot today since my back is still angry. At this point I don't know what to do when I can't train.
                      Get yourself one of those long cylinder rollers and roll around on that. If you got a girl, have her give you a straight up back massage.

Heat, massage, ice, and possibly hydrotherapy (even just soaking in a swimming pool at the Y could help) in that order. You need to heal and there are things you can do to help that along.

Edit: see your doctor about OTC and muscle relaxers.
                      "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                        Get yourself one of those long cylinder rollers and roll around on that. If you got a girl, have her give you a straight up back massage.

Heat, massage, ice, and possibly hydrotherapy (even just soaking in a swimming pool at the Y could help) in that order. You need to heal and there are things you can do to help that along.

Edit: see your doctor about OTC and muscle relaxers.
                        Been doing all of that and it has been getting better. Going to go give acupuncture a shot this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                          Been doing all of that and it has been getting better. Going to go give acupuncture a shot this afternoon.
                          I don't recommend it. The one and only time I went in for acupuncture I got the feeling that it was the most bogus pseudo-medicine I ever paid money to endure. Plus the needle that lady stuck into my shoulder scraped something that wasn't supposed to be scraped.
                          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

kind of feeling a bit lost with my grappling game. On one hand, I know I have to be careful, on the other, I can manage judo.

I've been recommended to keep my weight down for ease on my back after the last hospital visit, so I think Im going to be doing a bit less in the way of powerlifting and more in the way of circuit based fitness, sprints and keeping some big lifts

Comment

Originally posted by kimjonghng View Post
                              kind of feeling a bit lost with my grappling game. On one hand, I know I have to be careful, on the other, I can manage judo.

I've been recommended to keep my weight down for ease on my back after the last hospital visit, so I think Im going to be doing a bit less in the way of powerlifting and more in the way of circuit based fitness, sprints and keeping some big lifts
                              Be patient with yourself and set reasonable goals.

Consistency and recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
                                Be patient with yourself and set reasonable goals.

Consistency and recovery.
                                Yeah, the annoying thing is with my spine is the way the disc buldged onto the disc, I only need to be physically inactive for so long (ie: the christmas break) and suddenly I feel like Ive most months of progress. I get it back quicker but it's really unnerving.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X