What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoonDog View Post
    It's Joe. He's drunk and from Oklahoma. I had to use a word he would know.
    They do have a few words in OK. Crick (a place you fish; a person that was on your ancestor's land before they owned it), twister, ohl (we pronounce it oy-il), A-chilly (gesundheit), manays (white shit you put on stuff you don't want to eat plain) come to mind.
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by BoonDog View Post
      It's Joe. He's drunk and from Oklahoma. I had to use a word he would know.
      I have, alas, touched a chord and have, yet, been to more places than most here will ever visit.

Drunk? No.

Someone couldn't take the whiskey / whisky post as more than a comparison. Shame be upon ye. You don't know squat beyond what's in your bailiwick.
      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

I'm gonna be an uncle. Again. I hope.
        '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
          I'm gonna be an uncle. Again. I hope.
          I already am an uncle. I can't wait for the kid to get older so I can take him shooting and tell him crazy stories.

Comment

I've driven through Oklahoma. All I remember was brush fires, lack of sleep, some red paneled motel I got 4 hours sleep at, and then more fires.
            '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

Comment

In other news the new Spiderman game is fucking sick.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                I have, alas, touched a chord
                No chord struck here. But some of your whiskey suggestions have good, bright notes I enjoy.

Comment

Essential Aussie cuisine is, apparently, a very very grilled sausage wrapped in a slice of bread with grilled onions, ketchup (but they call it tomato sauce) and maybe mustard.

The Japanese embassy is closed on weekends.

My partners here know how to take photos of me that actually look kind of hot, even if I feel like Ursula from The Little Mermaid.

The cars no longer seem to be driving in the wrong lane. Also, it's pronounced "CAH" not "car."

Everyone and everything is a cunt.

No one knows who the PM is but it doesn't matter because there will be a different one in a day or so anyway.

Rain is only a faint memory, here.

Pringles sells a "BBQ sausage and onion" flavor. Doritos sells a "char-grilled steak" flavor.

The milk is good here.

Sugar is used, not high fructose corn syrup.

If you tell people "It's my first time overseas ever and i came here and I LOVE IT" you can get away with almost anything, but people will apologize for Canberra and insist that you go to Sydney, for fuck's sake.

There is a museum here that replaced a hospital. The architecture was... a decision. They decided to make the hospital demolition a big party with a ferris wheel and sausage sizzle and all that. There were bouncy castles, apparently. Also, a little girl got her head smashed off by a chunk of flying concrete. On camera.

Some of the most venomous snakes in the world are here. Some are aggressive. One species, the Tiger Snake, climbs trees and will fuckin' drop down on you. Right now they are cranky, hungry, and horny. I haven't seen one yet.

A wombat hissed at me yesterday. Vicious cube-pooper!

Heelers (Australian Cattle Dogs) are insane shriek machines but Australians love them. I still want a great dane.

You can get away with a fuck of a lot in public if you set up some high-end photography equipment and take pictures of whatever it is you are doing.

In Australia, you can just pull the fuck off the road and drive your utility vehicle off into the bush. You can pull over on the side of the highway and take a nap. It's legal. You can piss anywhere out of the way as long as you "sort of make an effort." You can jaywalk, but people often won't stop, so it's all on you if you get your dumb ass killed.

If you speed a lot, you lose your license, in NSW. In many other states, you can lose it from speeding just a little.

Getting booked is getting a ticket.

The Dunny is the toilet.

Everything has a shortened nickname.

Australian news shows are just as fucking vapid as US ones.

There are only three kinds of commercials that play on Australian TV- insurance policy commercials (they have insurance for EVERYTHING there) reality show ads (WHAT IS BROOKE'S BIG SECRET? NEXT EPISODE OF THE BACHELOR!) and "hey, do you have skin cancer? No? INCORRECT YOU DO HAVE SKIN CANCER."

A three or four hour drive is no big deal.

Petrol is $5562347753753 a litre or whatever this space measurement they use is. It's really shitty petrol, though, so if you don't run your vehicles at least once a week, they won't start at all.

Billboards have a lot of goofy screaming white people on them.

Holy fuck so many white people here. Thank fuck there are plenty of Asian folks in Canberra, or I'd be really weirded out. No bobba tea in sight, though.

I have only seen one pigeon.

All the police in Queanbeyan or however you spell it were on one block because there was a shooting this morning- nobody died, but there was a puddle of blood and a shotgun, so the news is making sure to report on it every 15 minutes, in between stories about cyber bullying, Serena, and cruise ships because these fuckers get to actually TAKE VACATIONS that are like PAID or something.

I can no longer function without a cuppa. It just isn't done. You have coffee or tea, then you can shower and dress and maybe get breakfast, and then you go out and get more coffee or tea.

Magpies are the true overlords here. Sacrifice dog food to them, or meet your doom. If you bribe them, they may let you live. If not, your skull will bleed. You yes. It will bleed.

Elderly men have many questions about brightly colored hair and piercings, but they are very positive and sweet about it all, really.

Drinks are sized in a sane manner. American drinks are obscenely large. We don't need 24 ounces of sugared up coffee, people. What have we been DOING.

I eat less than my Aussie friends. I am still way fatter. I have no idea if I am gaining or losing weight on this trip.

Kangaroos are really fucking stupid animals, but damn do they taste good.

If a co-worker pulls a knife on you at work, you don't tell your boss. You "get it sorted" on your own, probably via an ass-kicking? It's all a little vague. Whingeing is frowned upon. Everything used to be all better in the past. If, you know. You were white. Or so I've been told, over and over and over, heh!

Most utilities and roads and shit have been bought by like, Singapore or China or some shit. Not a wise move.

The wind never stops here. Not ever.

Overall, though, I'm really enjoying it.

Next week I go to Wagga Wagga. I'm gonna meet one of my partner's mom. Gonna get to know the indigenous side of the family. This partner's mum was abducted by the police when she was 8, and shipped on a train across the country to an abusive as fuck Catholic orphanage school bullshit place. One of her sons was stolen from her, as well. Holy fucking shit man, she was listed under "flora and fauna" instead of as a human fucking being until recently. Why are humans so shitty to each other? FAAAHK. I'm told mum is cool though. Gonna meet a heap of family. We have to act platonic, because the family wouldn't understand. Yeah, I respect that, I mean, my family does understand bi, but my folks don't understand poly, and it'd just lead to a bunch of distress. That's fine, since we're friends first and foremost anyway. But you know what? It still means a hell of a lot to me that she's taking me to meet her family. A hell of a lot.

His family are "deckheeds" so I'm not meeting them.

The city is really clean, other than parrot shit. Like, there are no human feces on the sidewalks. San Francisco? FULL of human feces. Shit everywhere, man. Everywhere.

Canberra has toilets everywhere that are kept clean, and are free to use. Funny how that works, eh?

Somehow we end up having to go to the grocery store every single day for whatever reason. So does everybody else. Everybody does self-checkout. The machines randomly are card only, or cash only, or ???

My partners watch "Walker Texas Ranger" unironically, and keep asking me questions about Texas. Haven't had the heart to tell them the truth about Texas or Chuck Norris, really.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                    They do have a few words in OK. Crick (a place you fish; a person that was on your ancestor's land before they owned it), twister, ohl (we pronounce it oy-il), A-chilly (gesundheit), manays (white shit you put on stuff you don't want to eat plain) come to mind.
                    They say Crick in North Idaho too.
                    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by Evergrey View Post
                      Like, there are no human feces on the sidewalks. San Francisco? FULL of human feces.
                      If San Francisco is your baseline for poop al fresco, literally everywhere else is going to seem pristine.
                      "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                      DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                      Originally posted by Devil
                      Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                      Originally posted by Plasma
                      At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                      Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                      Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Well well we went to Montana to do some Kokanee fishing.

Kokanee we're not running yet in the river so when we got back to Troy Montana had cell service I had got a call from my older son who informed me he had shot a bear. He and a friend of his we're going to go hiking for the weekend but he saw the bear and decided he had to shoot it while his mom was driving him to the trailhead.

So instead of doing more fishing this afternoon I was skinning and butchering a two to three year old black bear.

He did do a good job getting it had to wash his soft cast in the sink with hot water and dish soap.

Pics or it didn't happen right.
                        Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                          In other news the new Spiderman game is fucking sick.
                          My younger son wants to know which suit is my favorite. I just want to fly around the scale model of NYC and take selfies with different filters. The view from the point of the Empire State Building is pretty rad.

The camera is definitely a lot of fun all by itself. I haven't even touched the actual single player game.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                            My younger son wants to know which suit is my favorite. I just want to fly around the scale model of NYC and take selfies with different filters. The view from the point of the Empire State Building is pretty rad.

The camera is definitely a lot of fun all by itself. I haven't even touched the actual single player game.
                            I really like the scarlet spider suit. I want to unlock the 2099 if it's in the game.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                                I really like the scarlet spider suit. I want to unlock the 2099 if it's in the game.
                                at level 29 you can get it.

I want to know what the DLC skins are coming with the new campaigns. Excited to see how they handle Black Cat, and who will come after. Supposedly symbiotes are being saved for a sequel, so I wonder who the remaining expansion villains are

(prays for the Lizard)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X