• Show
Clear All

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Knots above the thumb.

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    I've damaged my hand. Reached out for a pup this morning and felt a pull / sharp twinge. I do believe a ligament or tendon has pulled loose.

My hands are the only part of me still strong. Getting old sucks.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
    2020 sucks.
    That is a stone cold fact.

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Good party. Immediate family only. Daughter #1 probably had around forty people at her HS grad party. 2020 sucks.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    And got struck by lightening, while camping. It’s was a wild week.
    I usually have to pay for that kind of excitement.

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    I had a friend come into town and it rained the whole week. So instead we had a week long whiskey tasting. Every night, a different one. We did get a couple of days of camping and one surfing and kayaking in. And got struck by lightening, while camping. It’s was a wild week.
    Sounds like a good week. Except that lightning bit.

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Feeding mosquitos. Lawn work. Party for family tomorrow. Family only. Daughter #2's high school graduation and seeing her off to university next month.

Will be empty nest. Cept four dogs.

Old blind diabetic dog with Cushing's Disease has started regrowing hair about 5-6 weeks into new meds.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel_tke
    replied
    I had a friend come into town and it rained the whole week. So instead we had a week long whiskey tasting. Every night, a different one. We did get a couple of days of camping and one surfing and kayaking in. And got struck by lightening, while camping. It’s was a wild week.

Leave a comment:

• kimjonghng
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

Good for you! Keep that up. I believe there's money in creative type stuff like animation if you stick with it. Are you working on an independent thing or do you work for another outfit? Times are changing. Artists don't have to starve anymore if they pick the right medium.
    I'm currently working on some solo projects. My last year or so since Mum became ill I spent working two jobs whilst managing the dog, my yoga teacher training and sorting the purchase of my first home (I managed to get an apartment without a mortgage which is a massive outgoings reduction). I've now left one of the jobs which was absorbing most of my time and energy, so it's getting myself back to a level of quality I feel I can start sharing my work more publically. I have connections and contacts in Manchester with a few studios, and the media company I storyboard for are going to reopen soon with a few projects.

The ultimate goal for me is to eventually own and live near my own studio, where I can teach classes in the mornings and evenings, animate outside of that and if I get to a point of being good enough to teach martial arts I might consider that too, but that's a 'further down the road' deal. Still got some years now while I'm young to go do some world exploring before I settle down.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by kimjonghng View Post
    Teaching yoga tonight, food is being delivered this evening. About to walk the dog and then it's kettlebells and animating
    Good for you! Keep that up. I believe there's money in creative type stuff like animation if you stick with it. Are you working on an independent thing or do you work for another outfit? Times are changing. Artists don't have to starve anymore if they pick the right medium.

Leave a comment:

• Tranquil Suit
    replied
    Originally posted by Lily View Post
    Release the W Rabbit!!
    Release the Wabbit! Release the Wabbit! Release the Wabbit!

Leave a comment:

• Lily
    replied
    Release the W Rabbit!!

Leave a comment:

• kimjonghng
    replied
    Teaching yoga tonight, food is being delivered this evening. About to walk the dog and then it's kettlebells and animating

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Taking car in to the mechanic today. This time under warranty so they don't get any more of my damn money.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
    How about the option where you stop pretending to be qualified to give advice on important matters?
    I don't think any of us are qualified to give advice on any matter outside of what we do for a living. We're mostly just a bunch of semi-aware assholes on the internet telling other assholes what we recon is sound logic in fields we are not experts in.

I learn every day that even in the things people do for a living, even if they are very financially successful... a shocking number of people don't actually know how to do what they say they know how to do. They're just know enough to fake it and/or chiseling the other guy who knows even less than them.

Case in point, car audio installers businesses are, as a rule, fucking idiots and they exclusively make their living by gouging the holy living shit out of every sucker that comes to their shop. I have yet to see a place that specializes in car stereo equipment that wasn't actually just a couple of low-caliber conmen upselling products at ridiculous markups using damn lies, outright fraud and high pressure sales tactics.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X