What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Yeah, they sell laying pellets down the street but I'm still getting at least two eggs a day and the shells are thick so I haven't started buying feed yet, still experimenting in a sense.
    There are tons of insects, lizards and plants they forage through here. There's a couple of acres of conservation land next door they roam in.

I don't really need much in the way of amendments to my soil here, stuff grows, well, like a jungle, lol.
    People use goats here just to keep up with grass and weeds.

I've seen a small bed that was 6x the tractor dimensions and it was only moved every time a new crop was rotated in. Something like that might suit my needs fine, in addition to normal mulching etc.
    I hear ducks are great for slugs and snails alright!
    Sounds like you don't need to feed them anything else, then. We have two hens in the yard that give eggs, but both are getting old (chickens). The ducks are very productive, though. They do get layer pellets, even with all the grass and bugs out and about now. The eggs yolks are so orange and thick it's amazing.

When I had more land I looked at the tractor option, but it was easier to let them free-range. Throw them all in the garden area (it was fenced in) once growing season was over.

And yeah, goats, the ultimate all natural brush hogs. They prefer fruit trees, though, which sucks if you have an orchard and no fence. They eat leaves, twigs, and the bark when done with the juicier parts.

They use goats to clear those huge patches of blackberry brambles in Washington...

Comment

This weekend is our annual (as of last year or so) Memorial Day weekend family camping trip. Now that the ex and I are exes, we get along great. We get to share what we have in common without the hassle of living together. Which means our kids !

So myself, my wife, the ex, her boyfriend, their horses, our two kids, joint-custody dog, and their neighbor kids (4) are all headed out to the bush this weekend. Ex is about packed, BF is on way home to load horses, so they will get to the secluded campground area first (hopefully) this afternoon. My wife and I will follow either tonight or in the morning, depending on packing. My wife is super-organized, so mostly we just have to load the truck.

It's still bear hunting season, so I will take my anti-bear rifle along on the chance that one shows up or we go hunting. Fishing is an option as well, but I'm not sure if the creek has fish in it. Hopefully Brookies...those most delicious of fish ! I'm going to buy another couple of cans of anti-bear spray (pepper spray) as well. Grizzlies are uncommon but around. Plus wolves...although they don't worry me.

The ex went scouting up there yesterday and saw a decent sized Cougar track too.

Should be interesting to say the least. I'll be sure to take photos to share.

The rest of you have a great weekend !

Comment

Even you poor fuckers who live in Ohio...

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
          Walked around a bit, got my new gi, and went and had a nice 1.5hr jits session. I'm really liking this place. During drills they make a point of paring upper belts with lower belts so there are never clusters of white belts with no idea wtf is going on (that happened a lot at my old gym). After class I stayed around for a bit of open mat, and a purple belt helped me out with some stuff I was having trouble with while rolling (omoplata, butterfly guard, side control sweeps, and kneebar from deep half guard). I'm going to train as much as my body can handle without breaking down here. I want to get all the jits I can in me this month.

In other news, the meds are making me feel kinda shitty. I was basically inside a think cloud of fog for half of the day.
          So now that you have had a few days, manage to catch anyone in the truck position at the new gym?

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
            So now that you have had a few days, manage to catch anyone in the truck position at the new gym?
            No. Haven't even thought of that. I've been having a bit of luck of luck the omoplata play though, as well as the san paulo guard pass I learned on Monday. I've gotten my ass kicked a lot, but I can't get enough. These are some good people. I did burn out a lot quicker during tonight's session though. I think the meds are fucking shit up. Still managed to put in at least 1.5hrs of solid work though. Not letting anything get in the way of me learning from these guys.

As for the rest of my day, I got a haircut and ate shark tacos for lunch. Today was pretty badass.

Comment

No. Haven't even thought of that. I've been having a bit of luck of luck the omoplata play though, as well as the san paulo guard pass I learned on Monday. I've gotten my ass kicked a lot, but I can't get enough. These are some good people. I did burn out a lot quicker during tonight's session though. I think the meds are fucking shit up. Still managed to put in at least 1.5hrs of solid work though. Not letting anything get in the way of me learning from these guys.

As for the rest of my day, I got a haircut and ate shark tacos for lunch. Today was pretty badass.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                Went to the sheriff's office to submit background check paperwork and get fingerprinted and mugshot, so I could get a 2nd job working at a friend's dispensary. Awkward. Now I have to make sure I do all my crime wearing gloves and a mask.
                You need to think bigger, like a true evil genius.

You just need a few evil minions, with their own fingerprints and pictures. Make them do all the cleanup too.

Profit and retire to underground volcanic lair.

Comment

I feel less sore than normal today. I think the new supplements are working. I also may be gaining access to a full-on machine shop. I also went to a bar to see the fights. No one carded me. I guess I look over 21 now.

Comment

So this weekend I:

-Fought 16 people in about an hour, some of whom I even beat or drew against.

-Played ninja VIP in what might be best described as "murder rugby", doing more running than I thought I could ever do.

-Cleaved various objects with variius sharp things.

-Fought in a half-a-tent full of knives brawl.

-Got rolling kneebarred (gently).

And now I'm expected to reintegrate with society and go back to work.

Comment

I'm actually pretty hung over.

This only happens once or twice a year but boy it sucks.

I'm celebrating Memorial Day and mourning the death of John and Alicia Nash, New Jersey legends.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                        I'm actually pretty hung over.

This only happens once or twice a year but boy it sucks.

I'm celebrating Memorial Day and mourning the death of John and Alicia Nash, New Jersey legends.
                        And you forgot to mention that you finally backed completely down into your dick tuck hole by putting me on ignore. Not before hit and run posting on my profile like a child, of course.

Congratulations on that ultimate act of cowadice, you weak little poser bitch.

Comment

Helped someone with their garden, dealt with med-induced drowsiness, tried and failed t train (curse you holiday and Brazilians giving a shit about you), and got sushi for dinner. These days I feel like a lazy piece of shit if I don't get at least some mat time.

Comment

These days I feel like a lazy piece of shit if I don't get at least some mat time.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                              +

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
                                +

FFS I have a fucking heavy bag in Portland. I'll be back there in three weeks.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X