What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
    I mean it cost me a solid 4hrs of sleep because I had to go to work last night. I don't like being jerked around.
    I once cried myself to sleep after a big job interview. I think I was 24 at the time.

Comment

I had the worst job interview of my life yesterday. Took me almost two hours of travel time to get there. I wasn't asked any questions, just handed a packet with some bullshit scenarios to write reports on. I was then offered a job at $2.50 less than I currently make with no possibility of moving to armed work for a minimum of three months (I made it clear over the phone that was all I was interested in). Also: lots of shit about appearance and me having to shave my beard when the interviewer had one that was a fucking disaster surrounded by three day stubble. For bonus points, not one person I saw in that place was under 250lbs. I want my time back.
      You ever go to one of those Vector Marketing group interview things where they try to trick you into becoming a door-to-door knife salesman?

Next to Taekwondo dojangs, they're my favorite place to live-action troll.
      Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

I mean it cost me a solid 4hrs of sleep because I had to go to work last night. I don't like being jerked around.
        There certainly have been times where I have been tempted to punch an interviewer in the face.
        I have been asked all sorts of stupid irrelevant questions in my time.
        I have also gotten some seriously bad offers.
        One guy is extremely lucky I didn't deck him when he made me an offer that was well below everything else on my salary history.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
          There certainly have been times where I have been tempted to punch an interviewer in the face.
          Or put your cock in his mouth.

Comment

I
            I had the worst job interview of my life yesterday. Took me almost two hours of travel time to get there. I wasn't asked any questions, just handed a packet with some bullshit scenarios to write reports on. I was then offered a job at $2.50 less than I currently make with no possibility of moving to armed work for a minimum of three months (I made it clear over the phone that was all I was interested in). Also: lots of shit about appearance and me having to shave my beard when the interviewer had one that was a fucking disaster surrounded by three day stubble. For bonus points, not one person I saw in that place was under 250lbs. I want my time back.
            Consider looking for reviews for said company. Add your own. You don't get your time back but hey, small satisfaction and someone in the future may be saved the time and effort.

Good luck with future interviews.
            Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Been there man. Went in for an ad for a GM at a fast food place, something I did for 3 years, and got offered a minimum wage crew member position. Turns out the recruiter I spoke to was selling wolf tickets.

Comment

I sold Kirby vacuums for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                  You ever go to one of those Vector Marketing group interview things where they try to trick you into becoming a door-to-door knife salesman?

Next to Taekwondo dojangs, they're my favorite place to live-action troll.
                  Yeah I did. They realized that I was into them and didn't call me back.

Comment

Yeah I did. They realized that I was into them and didn't call me back.
                    I like to push them to see just what it would take for them to NOT hire me. Because most of the interviewers are just 19-year-old kids with only two months of experience working for the company, they usually don't know how to react when I start telling them my only prior work experience was with the Gambino family and that I was fired for sexually assaulting a male supervisor.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                      I sold Kirby vacuums for a while.
                      I was super close at one point. I did sell Charter Cable service over the phone for 2 weeks. Straight up cold calls too, it was terrible.

Comment

A while ago I was rejected for a job to stand inside of Costco and try to sell AT&T Uverse. It ended up being positive though, being turned down for a joke job convinced me to get back in school.

Comment

Oh yeah, I trained for 2 days at ABQ Kickboxing/Luttrell Mixed Martial Arts. They have a pretty huge facility, with 3 separate mat areas, tons of heavy bags, pads, a cage, and a well stocked pro shop.

MT class was excellent, a good mix of pro fighters, amateurs, and hobbyists. Instruction was excellent, and added some combo ideas to my move set. They were also very clean, going so far as to disinfect all the pads we used at the end of class.

I did the NoGi JJ class as well. This had a separate instructor, was appropriately knowledgeable. The training partners that day were mostly inexperienced, but it was a Friday morning. The class consisted of the beginnings of the instructor's leg lock system, which was significantly different from how I've done leg locks before. The ways he taught to maintain control while setting up ankle locks was interesting, and I'm going to continue using it.

Comment

I've been down with the norovirus.
                            Do not recommend.
                            My lats hurt from puking my guts out. Bile shooting out my nose at 3am. Arghl.

Am coming through to the other side now, though! Which is good. I have pet sitting to do in San Jose.

My fiance went and fed the cats in the wee hours of Friday, but they have two more days of care to go.

I still feel like crap, but managed to keep a bowl of soup and some macaroni and cheese down.

Comment

Swimming pool in the morning.

Watched some clips uploaded by my bjj instructor where I can be seen in the background taming a 95 kg white belt.

Been reading this: https://datasociety.net/output/media...isinfo-online/

And now waiting for my wife to get ready to go for a walk.

Thug life.
                              Last edited by DCS; 5/27/2017 9:25am, .

Comment

Finished day at work, finished my freelance animation work, watched the last of my plumpub VCD's and made notes on the styles I saw for their conditioning and drills to see what I can incorporate inmy my own training. Ordered dinner, about to run a bath

Ive not shaved in a while and Im getting compliments from women that the beard suits me, so I might keep it

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X