X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post

As of a week ago, there was not a reliable test for the virus.

The WHO test is 80% accurate once symptoms manifest and there's another test that you can take simultaneously that's about as accurate which can give you a pretty clear picture. I think it costs $30 USD in Europe or the Phillipines. Not as high accuracy as people like but pretty accurate.

But no, there's not an accurate test available in the states because it got bungled.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel_tke
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Make sure to stay out of bat country.
    Where is bat country? Around here we love bats, they eat lots of mosquitos. On warm evenings we see bats flying all around my house.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post

The best thing to come out of all this Carona Virus is that I may have my wife convinced that I don't have to go grocery shopping now due to my Lupus and Plaquenil meds. But she's an Epidemiologist and generally disregards everything I say regarding infectious diseases. The other good thing, gas prices dropping just in time for me to fill up my RV this week before I head to the woods next week.
    Make sure to stay out of bat country.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel_tke
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post

As of now, there are least two subtypes of the virus.

We do not yet know the mutation rate of this virus.

We do not yet know definitively the incubation period of the virus where one can be asymptomatic but still infectious.

The world wide medical community and scientific community are still getting caught up.

There is a good chance that the lethality rate will be higher than projected but still will occur in the demographics of the immuno-compromised, those with pre-existing respiratory issues, and the elderly.
    The best thing to come out of all this Carona Virus is that I may have my wife convinced that I don't have to go grocery shopping now due to my Lupus and Plaquenil meds. But she's an Epidemiologist and generally disregards everything I say regarding infectious diseases. The other good thing, gas prices dropping just in time for me to fill up my RV this week before I head to the woods next week.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

Oh, I guess you don't watch American news. There won't be any test kits for two more weeks except in high need situations. I literally cannot elect to take a corona virus test.

As of now, there are least two subtypes of the virus.

We do not yet know the mutation rate of this virus.

We do not yet know definitively the incubation period of the virus where one can be asymptomatic but still infectious.

The world wide medical community and scientific community are still getting caught up.

There is a good chance that the lethality rate will be higher than projected but still will occur in the demographics of the immuno-compromised, those with pre-existing respiratory issues, and the elderly.

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 3/09/2020 7:31am, .

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X