What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lily View Post
    Also, moody men. Can we talk about them?

Do I just pretend a senior leader at work was not an absolute jerk last week to me, just because I professionally challenged his perspective on a business issue and came out with an outcome that benefits our customers instead of enabling and protecting a workforce that was simply not performing. He’s whip smart, we both work directly for the CEO, we usually get along well but I had to call him out with a reasoned line of questioning that made him capitulate (his words, not mine). Shall I be all smiles on Monday as normal? Or is that a female response. What would a real man do?

Thanks in advance agony aunts xx
    You said you "usually get along well". Put it behind you. If he can't it's on him.

disclaimer

Not a real man.

Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Sold quite a few things on ebay successfully, about to walk the dog. I've been accepted at a new gym in the area as a PT and class instructor (self employed) so I will be leaving the temp factory work at the end of this week if everything is ok with contracts. It would be £500 a month for 12 service hours a week, and PT outside of that when I set them. They are happy with me to continue my martial arts training and yoga, even bringing that into the club once my MA qualifications are done and I can start yoga immediatly, I have my 200 hatha and 50 hour yin qualifications to work from, but I am looking to add my final 300 ashtanga/hatha through the Yoga Alliance to be further my development.
      Media company is kicking back up into work as well so I will storyboard outside of work. Could potentially be coming into the best financial situation I have ever had out of this.

Sorting some final medical appointments. One final week at this factory and then that's me done.

Comment

Sweet, I fixed the forum software.

Post moar!

Exciting new Bullshidoness on the horizon, btw. Stay tuned...
        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post

LIBERTA LIBERTA LIBERTA.

REVENGAAAAA
          Didn't even realize this occurred.

It's "Rebenga", by the way, not "revenga". The Cuban word for revenge is venganza.

(Gen. Emilio) Rebenga is the name of the dude Manny and Tony kill to get their green cards.
          '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Didn't even realize this occurred.

It's "Rebenga", by the way, not "revenga". The Cuban word for revenge is venganza.

(Gen. Emilio) Rebenga is the name of the dude Manny and Tony kill to get their green cards.
            "He's ugly, man."
            "I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I'm gonna carve him up real nice."

EDIT: I'm now restraining myself from splashing the screen with dozens of Scarface lines.
            Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 9/28/2020 4:52pm, .
            go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post

"He's ugly, man."
              "I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I'm gonna carve him up real nice."

EDIT: I'm now restraining myself from splashing the screen with dozens of Scarface lines.
              This'll help. Roadhouse is the perfect tonic for any kind of situation.

Rowdy crowd, knife in boot, or the need to improvise and use a stuffed polar bear as a ninja weapon.

'�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

Comment

Highlight of my day has been to tell my team (the UK bit anyway) that working from home will be the default even after the covid nonsense dies down. Go into the office for key meetings or if you really want to (up to you) but the default is work from home. Company I work for will be reducing the number of offices we own/lease as the company has woken up to not needing so much office space in the future.

Productivity is still good when people work from home and no we don't need some silly monitoring of what they are doing (we trust them). Unless someone has mental health issues working from home the default won't be the office. By and large everyone is pretty happy with this approach.

Comment

I did an INSANE workout this past saturday. First workout in weeks and I'm still sore.

Comment

Originally posted by big maclol View Post
                    I did an INSANE workout this past saturday. First workout in weeks and I'm still sore.
                    Assuming thats a variation of Insanity workouts - do you need much extra kit for this or is it pretty much body weight??
                    Last edited by scipio; 9/29/2020 8:42am, . Reason: I can't type

Comment

Originally posted by scipio View Post

Assuming thats a variation of Insanity workouts - do you need much extra kit for this or is it pretty much body weight??
                      Insanity is pretty cool and you only need your body but I worked out at my local crossfit gym.

Comment

Started learning piano. I can't believe I didn't do it sooner.
                        "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                          I want to expound on this for a moment. I honestly don't think a person can call themselves a musician unless they know the basics of piano and sheet music. It's the most basic instrument in the world and the foundation of modern musical theory was built using it. I'm figuring out that there are things that you really won't learn soon enough in your development if you only learn other instruments first. You can reach concepts much sooner with piano than other instruments. There were people that tried to intercede with me early but like a stupid arrogant stubborn SOB I just blew it off. Don't do what I did. Now is the best time in the world to learn piano anyway. There's so much software out there. I"m using the one Harry Connick Jr is on because he's royalty where I come from. Everyone loves Harry, even if you don't like music. He's like Frank Sinatra without all the mobsters, the rat pack or the cocaine.
                          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

I want to expound on this for a moment. I honestly don't think a person can call themselves a musician unless they know the basics of piano and sheet music. It's the most basic instrument in the world and the foundation of modern musical theory was built using it. I'm figuring out that there are things that you really won't learn soon enough in your development if you only learn other instruments first. You can reach concepts much sooner with piano than other instruments. There were people that tried to intercede with me early but like a stupid arrogant stubborn SOB I just blew it off. Don't do what I did. Now is the best time in the world to learn piano anyway. There's so much software out there. I"m using the one Harry Connick Jr is on because he's royalty where I come from. Everyone loves Harry, even if you don't like music. He's like Frank Sinatra without all the mobsters, the rat pack or the cocaine.
                            Allow me to retort.

First, musicians existed before both "sheet music" and the piano.

Second, the "most basic"? There are far more basic instruments, particularly percussion.

Do you even drum, brah?

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/04/2020 12:25am, .

Comment

Good for you (you are a heathen for learning online :P)

It is an instrument that can give you positive feedback much sooner than pretty much anything I’ve ever tried. If you sing as well, all the better. I’ve played for well over three decades and it continues to give me great joy and even solace at times. I still start with my scales or some Czerny to keep my fingers dextrous.

Who doesn’t love Harry Connick Jr??

Ignore W Rabbit and his triangle playing. I played in a percussion band all through high school btw and yes, you can make ‘music’ (timpani anyone??). You do realise the piano is a fricken percussion instrument too right? Right???!
                              "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                                Allow me to retort.
                                "What does Marsellus Wallace look like?"
                                go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X