What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lily View Post
    Do you blame them? Human stupidity can be turned into cold hard cash.
    If it wasn't for monetizing stupidity, I'd still be living next a swamp. Think about it. What the hell else are they gonna pay me for?
    "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Painting outside of house. While mostly brick there is a copius amount of red cedar lap and gap. Took me an hour to extract the 30' extension ladder. Cause deceased brother inlaw's belongings in the garage.

HS Graduation party in two weeks. Send off to college a couple after that.

What a shit year to be a senior. More so for those graduating college. Cause limited job prospects.

aside

Old dog has Cushing's Disease. A capsule in the morning with two doses of insulin has him growing hair back, cortisol levels down and feeling better. Blind as a bat. Checked. Eye surgery to remove the cataracts from diabetes brought on by the disease has a good rate of success. $ 1800 to $3000 / eye.

I'm thinking one eye will improve his life greatly. Early this year he was all go and blow. Best dog I ever had and he's some good years ahead of him.

Kind of in a moral dilemma here. I don't have extra cash but seeing him interact with these pups is telling. He's a grumpy old fart that can't see them prostrate themselves in deference to the alpha male.

Am I nuts?
      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

You know that bullshit about limited career prospects? Have heard enough. Go where the jobs are even if it isn’t the place you want to live you entitled millennials! Make yourself capable of doing the jobs that ARE available. And yes, start an OnlyFans account.
        "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Put the dog down or let him live out his days in peace (sans surgery).
          "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Put the dog down or let him live out his days in peace (sans surgery).
            Dog is blind. Otherwise not suffering.

Lily can't see.

Comment

You love your dog. That's not nuts. That's every man's best friend from the age of 12. I wish I wasn't so damned allergic. I've been feeding a stray now for a few months. Already nicer to me than any person I know.

Comment

Do you blame them? Human stupidity can be turned into cold hard cash.
                Blame? No. Criticize? A Little. But not nearly as much as their simp clientele.

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                Is some twisted market for old skinny man pics? Youngest is entering college. I need money.
                I genuinely do not know. But yes.
                Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 7/19/2020 2:29pm, .
                go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

Dog is blind. Otherwise not suffering.

Lily can't see.
                  I gave you the nuclear option and the nice option. What more do you want?

Also. Serious question - why do you need money if it is your daughter going to college?

Comment

Resprayed interior roof of the car and installed white backlight as a replacement for the dome light in the cab. Unless something comes up I should have the cab fully insulated vs heat and sound by tomorrow night and have the crappy stereo out of the vehicle. Possibly new speakers installed to replace the rotted ones.

I may have the door covers and upholstered wall panels replaced by tomorrow night too but not sure. The car is coming together quite rapidly but the front right brake line crapped out again so I will have to take that back soon so it's covered by the brake warranty I got from the place that installed it.
                    Last edited by Dung Beatles; 7/21/2020 4:34am, .

Comment

The insulation, soundproofing, passenger seat and other various car shit did not show up today so all that was pushed a day. Damn shame. Beautiful weather today.

Comment

How about the option where you stop pretending to be qualified to give advice on important matters?

Comment

Also. Serious question - why do you need money if it is your daughter going to college?
                          My daughter has a 529 savings account. She also has a regular savings account and works. She'll take out student loans. We'll help her with housing costs and food. In the end she'll have a still substantial student loan debt to pay.

The wife is college educated. I completed the 10th grade and did a lot of drugs. I want more for mine. If we thought she was heading off for years of partying and little to show for her and our efforts it'd be a different story.

and

Dog's appreciative that I haven't put him down.

Comment

Spent the last few days launching the new online business platform I have and creating my classes for yoga. There's a possible yoga instructor job coming at a local gym that competes with my old employer and I already have contacts there. Between that and my own classes I do via livestream from home I may be able to balance my employment and time quite well well the ISA work. The judo club I'm with also are open to me teaching yoga for their squad.

Having to reevaluate my training vs work. As much as I would love to train as often as I did it may not be possible, so Im going to either trim some classes or train privately on a one-to-one basis. It's not that much of a problem with Karate as I have close contact, video sessions with my sensei and I can always use the Morio Higaonna DVD's I grabbed on ebay for all of 30 quid if I get stuck for a reference. I'm going to try to keep my Judo on a Saturday lunch time as best I can (which shouldnt be hard).

Comment

Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
                              How about the option where you stop pretending to be qualified to give advice on important matters?
                              I don't think any of us are qualified to give advice on any matter outside of what we do for a living. We're mostly just a bunch of semi-aware assholes on the internet telling other assholes what we recon is sound logic in fields we are not experts in.

I learn every day that even in the things people do for a living, even if they are very financially successful... a shocking number of people don't actually know how to do what they say they know how to do. They're just know enough to fake it and/or chiseling the other guy who knows even less than them.

Case in point, car audio installers businesses are, as a rule, fucking idiots and they exclusively make their living by gouging the holy living shit out of every sucker that comes to their shop. I have yet to see a place that specializes in car stereo equipment that wasn't actually just a couple of low-caliber conmen upselling products at ridiculous markups using damn lies, outright fraud and high pressure sales tactics.

Comment

Taking car in to the mechanic today. This time under warranty so they don't get any more of my damn money.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X