Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Today is akin to herding cats.

    Daughter #1 and hubby are in for wife's birthday and Father's Day.

    I have on hand-

    One eleven year old dog with Cushing's Disease, blind and diabetic.

    One nine year old dog with, by my diagnosis, doggy bipolar and maybe schizophrenia to a lesser degree.

    Two nine month old pups visiting that do not understand that old fart alpha blind dog doesn't want to play anymore.

    Two approximately three month old puppies wife wanted before old fart blind and diabetic dog was diagnosed. I wanted a bird.

    Oh yeah. Lady fish died sometime in the night. Last of the long lived Betas. Now have room for a bird cage.


    Somehow we happy seven managed to get in a nap while everyone else went to take photos of daughter #2's prom happenings.

    In between we had brunch lakeside with daughter #2's boyfriend. Fine young man.

    Undefeated in Pente tonight against all comers despite deteriorating and noticeable mental decline.

    Life is good.

    note to self-

    Check shoes before coming into house from back yard.
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 6/20/2020 10:40pm, .
    Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

    Comment


      Just ate some fried green tomatoes.
      Opened a bottle of 20 year old Port.
      I'm in my happy place.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
        Just ate some fried green tomatoes.
        Opened a bottle of 20 year old Port.
        I'm in my happy place.
        Happy place is a good place. Currently waiting on daughter #2 to get home so we can celebrate FAFSA completion last night with hours to spare from deadline.

        Cause 11th degree in procrastinaion.

        Stomach grumbling. Cause empty.

        Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

        http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

        Comment


          I quit caffeine and decided to make 2 of 3 meals a day a salad for a while. Breakfast is breakfast but lunch and dinner will be greens for as long as I can hold out.

          I already cheated though. I ate a bag of fritos and used humus as dip. Washed it down with a vodka and seltzer.

          I have updates on the Power Falcon.

          I got the car detailed and then the alternator went out on me. It will be at the shop in the short run.

          I put in a racing seat cause no belts on the original upholstery, tightened the steering box, ground down the floor pan rust, gave the steering column a once over, cleaned up the engine with seafoam, fixed the throttle return, gave it a tune up and by Jeebus, there has been a noticeable increase in performance and handling.

          I was going to finish repainting the interior today but it fucking rained. I'm about 5 clear sunny days, 1 thorough paint touch up job and one alternator away from this being a pretty badass cruiser.
          Last edited by Dung Beatles; 7/01/2020 11:28pm, .
          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

          Comment


            Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
            I was going to finish repainting the interior today but it fucking rained. I'm about 5 clear sunny days, 1 thorough paint touch up job and one alternator away from this being a pretty badass cruiser.
            Was soggy, misty and overcast today too. Probably 60 degrees during the middle of the day. In late June, mind you.
            "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

            Comment


              I am just a tiny bit sick of having to watch out for snakes and murderers when going out to parks and reserves in Australia. Also, where are the normal people? It’s deserted out there and I’m always checking over my shoulder in case I need to tell my son to run for the car.
              "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

              Comment


                Originally posted by Lily View Post
                I am just a tiny bit sick of having to watch out for snakes and murderers when going out to parks and reserves in Australia. Also, where are the normal people? It’s deserted out there and I’m always checking over my shoulder in case I need to tell my son to run for the car.
                Normal is highly overrated. The boy needs exercise anyway.
                Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

                http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

                Comment


                  went to do some necessities shopping, walked to dog, done some sales work and volunteered for redundancy at work. My role was removed in the company and they were axing gym and class instructors and putting me on center work which would be more hours and less pay. My manager also tried to argue that I can only have this job if I stop my work for the media company, any storyboard and assisting at the karate school. The pay I would be on I could equal the weekly income doing 6 hours of yoga teaching a week and still have time for other things so they can get fucked.

                  Been teaching yoga for the last few weeks, a mix of yin and hatha. Im a lot less stressed and enjoying the part time ISA work for my uncle.

                  I was meant to be on a kung fu seminar earlier this year and lockdown happened, so the sifu is teaching me the content of the 2 week course online currently. It's ziranmen.

                  Comment


                    Okay, got the car back from the mechanic and now it runs like pure dogshit. Feels like half the horsepower it had before I dropped it off, no acceleration and has a very hard time getting into higher gear. They fixed the things they were working on but now I'm hunting down the new problem culprit.

                    Motor dies on acceleration and on deceleration.

                    Vacuum looks ok.

                    All new spark plugs from tune up, distributor looks good but don't know for sure, confirmed good spark plug lines.

                    Will test compression and timing when I get a compression tester and a timing light.

                    Got a replacement for the inline fuel filter which I will change when I test compression and timing again.

                    I put in a fresh tank of high octane and just ran seafoam in the last tank of gas.

                    I thought of the fuel filter because I just ran seafoam and it might have knocked something loose that clogged the line.

                    I'm worried at one point there was water in the fuel because of how corroded the spark plugs were that I pulled out of it. I don't think those plugs have been changed in 20 years or longer either way. Those were the nastiest most corroded plugs I've ever pulled out of a running car.

                    Fixes so far: turning signal, floor pan, floor repainted, alternator, rewired the turning signal, replaced bulb in the stock instrument panel, replaced shifter knob, bilateral front brake lines, new brake shoes all around, tightened steering box, new seals on rear axle box, repaired aftermarket electric radiator fan, racing seat sans racing harness... so still a death trap and mixed bag of things I forgot that I fixed and things that I don't know need to be fixed.
                    Last edited by Dung Beatles; 7/11/2020 9:23pm, .
                    "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                      Okay, got the car back from the mechanic and now it runs like pure dogshit. Feels like half the horsepower it had before I dropped it off, no acceleration and has a very hard time getting into higher gear. They fixed the things they were working on but now I'm hunting down the new problem culprit.

                      Motor dies on acceleration and on deceleration.

                      Vacuum looks ok.

                      All new spark plugs from tune up, distributor looks good but don't know for sure, confirmed good spark plug lines.

                      Will test compression and timing when I get a compression tester and a timing light.

                      Got a replacement for the inline fuel filter which I will change when I test compression and timing again.

                      I put in a fresh tank of high octane and just ran seafoam in the last tank of gas.

                      I thought of the fuel filter because I just ran seafoam and it might have knocked something loose that clogged the line.

                      I'm worried at one point there was water in the fuel because of how corroded the spark plugs were that I pulled out of it. I don't think those plugs have been changed in 20 years or longer either way. Those were the nastiest most corroded plugs I've ever pulled out of a running car.

                      Fixes so far: turning signal, floor pan, floor repainted, alternator, rewired the turning signal, replaced bulb in the stock instrument panel, replaced shifter knob, bilateral front brake lines, new brake shoes all around, tightened steering box, new seals on rear axle box, repaired aftermarket electric radiator fan, racing seat sans racing harness... so still a death trap and mixed bag of things I forgot that I fixed and things that I don't know need to be fixed.
                      Fuel pump itself?
                      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

                      http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

                        Fuel pump itself?
                        That's a possibility. The fuel pump is also aftermarket and you can hear it as soon as you turn the key before ignition. What stands out is that it doesn't sound as loud as it did before I dropped it off but nothing else does either.

                        I have no idea what changed in the mean time but they blamed it on the carburetor which doesn't make sense because the carburetor didn't suddenly break itself.
                        "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                        Comment


                          Acted as the fun police today. Attended a small function wherein seeing every child from 3-13 with a mobile/game device, had no more than 5 words to their parents before the entire lot was confiscated. Overweight kids, anti social kids, kids who acted as if you’d emotionally hurt them when their device was taken away, “bored” kids who didn’t know what to do with themselves without a device, whiny kids...ugh, lazy parenting all around. This is probably why I don’t get out much.
                          "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Lily View Post
                            Acted as the fun police today. Attended a small function wherein seeing every child from 3-13 with a mobile/game device, had no more than 5 words to their parents before the entire lot was confiscated. Overweight kids, anti social kids, kids who acted as if you’d emotionally hurt them when their device was taken away, “bored” kids who didn’t know what to do with themselves without a device, whiny kids...ugh, lazy parenting all around. This is probably why I don’t get out much.
                            Give me back my GameBoy! Give it back!! GIVE IT BACK!!! I'LL KILL YOU WHEN I GROW UP.


                            Whoa... sorry I was having a flashback.
                            go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

                            Comment


                              Watching the movie Hacksaw Ridge.

                              Earlier I saw a youtube clip of it. There was combat and stacks of bodies. "Awesome", I thought.

                              Now I'm an hour into this movie, and so far it's about some bible thumping, pacificst medic dipshit. Fuck, I've been duped.


                              EDIT: 20 minutes of this +2 hours long movie was good. Fuck you, director Mel Gibson. Also, the afore mentioned dipshit turned out to be a IRL warhero... sorry.
                              Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 7/13/2020 3:39pm, .
                              go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
                                Watching the movie Hacksaw Ridge.

                                Earlier I saw a youtube clip of it. There was combat and stacks of bodies. "Awesome", I thought.

                                Now I'm an hour into this movie, and so far it's about some bible thumping, pacificst medic dipshit. Fuck, I've been duped.


                                EDIT: 20 minutes of this +2 hours long movie was good. Fuck you, director Mel Gibson. Also, the afore mentioned dipshit turned out to be a IRL warhero... sorry.
                                I take it you never partook in military service.

                                Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

                                http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X