No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chased chickens out of garden, fixed fence where they escaped.

Son 2 and I thinned carrots, turnips, and collards.

Then set up supports for peas. Snow and edible pod.

Then mowed and swept while Son 2 at drivers ed.

Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
      Chased chickens out of garden, fixed fence where they escaped.

Son 2 and I thinned carrots, turnips, and collards.

Then set up supports for peas. Snow and edible pod.

Then mowed and swept while Son 2 at drivers ed.
      Eldest is hot for driver's ed. We're about 6 months from learner's permit. We have already agreed as a parental unit that lessons will be in the 1/2 ton truck.
      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post

Eldest is hot for driver's ed. We're about 6 months from learner's permit. We have already agreed as a parental unit that lessons will be in the 1/2 ton truck.
        He should already be driving, but procranistinated.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

Is it fixed?
          Yes turned out it had a missing firing pin as well so it's good I sent it in even though I was wrong about what problem the gun had.
          Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Comment

Finishing the theory and first of two assignments for this Yin Yoga TTC. Ive got some chores done, sorted some medical stuff and now I begin the first day of the work-from-home new job that Im doing. Its mostly sales and verifying contact information, and I can work at my own timetable with it. Should realistically pay more than the gym's instructor rate, so I may well have gained my evenings and weekends back post-lockdown to do more training. Probably going to focus significantly more on the grappling game going forward.

Still got to walk to dog today but people have forgotten how to social distance and are out in droves, so Im waiting till it quiets down.

Comment

eldest wants a new bedframe. i guess princess shit kinda dies wiyh puberty. so, we spent this weekend building it, with her doing a lot of the work. here's some pics...

First, here's the render...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200606_134631[1].jpg
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	4596289
              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Speaking of render, I'm rekindling my love of producing 3D art. Angling to start a new podcast series, along those lines, will update that, here.

Comment

Originally posted by danharr View Post

Yes turned out it had a missing firing pin as well so it's good I sent it in even though I was wrong about what problem the gun had.
                  Hmm, missing firing pin...

Comment

Well now, I wonder if WRabbit actually did the deed?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/us/fo...rnd/index.html

Congrats to him if he did !

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                      eldest wants a new bedframe. i guess princess shit kinda dies wiyh puberty. so, we spent this weekend building it, with her doing a lot of the work. here's some pics...

First, here's the render...

Name:	20200606_134631[1].jpg
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	4596289
                      My parents built my sisters and I are our own wing in one of our homes when we were tweens. We had a massive hexagonal shaped bedroom, wall to wall mirrors, en-suite, our own conservatory, and a music/sitting room with fireplace. It was stunning. I will never get to do this princess stuff for my son, enjoy it while you can sub :)
                      "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

I had a 10km jog did a bit or excersise and stretching then finished up my strength and conditioning with a bit of bag work. I've been trying to get down the tornado kick with mixed results.

"BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post

My parents built my sisters and I are our own wing in one of our homes when we were tweens. We had a massive hexagonal shaped bedroom, wall to wall mirrors, en-suite, our own conservatory, and a music/sitting room with fireplace. It was stunning. I will never get to do this princess stuff for my son, enjoy it while you can sub :)
                          It was a good bit of fun, we finished this off the other day. Forgot to update, here.

Name:	20200614_222220.jpg
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	4596492

Comment

Well done for completing the project.

I particularly like the inaccessibility of the shelf unit behind the bed ;)
                            "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Today is akin to herding cats.

Daughter #1 and hubby are in for wife's birthday and Father's Day.

I have on hand-

One eleven year old dog with Cushing's Disease, blind and diabetic.

One nine year old dog with, by my diagnosis, doggy bipolar and maybe schizophrenia to a lesser degree.

Two nine month old pups visiting that do not understand that old fart alpha blind dog doesn't want to play anymore.

Two approximately three month old puppies wife wanted before old fart blind and diabetic dog was diagnosed. I wanted a bird.

Oh yeah. Lady fish died sometime in the night. Last of the long lived Betas. Now have room for a bird cage.

Somehow we happy seven managed to get in a nap while everyone else went to take photos of daughter #2's prom happenings.

In between we had brunch lakeside with daughter #2's boyfriend. Fine young man.

Undefeated in Pente tonight against all comers despite deteriorating and noticeable mental decline.

Life is good.

note to self-

Check shoes before coming into house from back yard.
                              Last edited by hungryjoe; 6/20/2020 10:40pm, .
                              Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Just ate some fried green tomatoes.
                                Opened a bottle of 20 year old Port.
                                I'm in my happy place.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X