No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaced toilet handle. Opened bottle of previously purchased and already cold ale.

Eying lawn. Rain forcast for tomorrow through the week. Women want shower head to deliver strong flow. 77 minutes till sunset. Water must be turned off for shower repair.

Logistics

Next door neighbor kid no longer calls me "Mr Joe". Just "Joe". Possible lawn maintenance guy? Will talk to mother.

Cause back pain, laziness and crushing workload. Mostly laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
      Wife is threatening to paint my office, tomorrow. jnp and phrost can attest, once I hung the doors, I was basically donesies. I don't like to paint. It's only been 2.5 years.

Drew up plans for a replacement fence section, but adding in a gate.

Drew up plans for a bed frame, but we're extra quarantine because wife may have/had the rona, last week. This will be a daddy+kids project.

Last week, we built a nifty solid ass workbench, out of laminated reclaimed 2x4's. It's a stout little fucker. Showed them how to sharpen planing irons and chisels. We lack wood for making stuff, now.
      Solid stable wooden benches make excellent reloading platforms.

Comment

Chased chickens out of garden, fixed fence where they escaped.

Son 2 and I thinned carrots, turnips, and collards.

Then set up supports for peas. Snow and edible pod.

Then mowed and swept while Son 2 at drivers ed.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
          Chased chickens out of garden, fixed fence where they escaped.

Son 2 and I thinned carrots, turnips, and collards.

Then set up supports for peas. Snow and edible pod.

Then mowed and swept while Son 2 at drivers ed.
          Eldest is hot for driver's ed. We're about 6 months from learner's permit. We have already agreed as a parental unit that lessons will be in the 1/2 ton truck.
          Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Eldest is hot for driver's ed. We're about 6 months from learner's permit. We have already agreed as a parental unit that lessons will be in the 1/2 ton truck.
            He should already be driving, but procranistinated.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

Is it fixed?
              Yes turned out it had a missing firing pin as well so it's good I sent it in even though I was wrong about what problem the gun had.

Comment

Finishing the theory and first of two assignments for this Yin Yoga TTC. Ive got some chores done, sorted some medical stuff and now I begin the first day of the work-from-home new job that Im doing. Its mostly sales and verifying contact information, and I can work at my own timetable with it. Should realistically pay more than the gym's instructor rate, so I may well have gained my evenings and weekends back post-lockdown to do more training. Probably going to focus significantly more on the grappling game going forward.

Still got to walk to dog today but people have forgotten how to social distance and are out in droves, so Im waiting till it quiets down.

Comment

eldest wants a new bedframe. i guess princess shit kinda dies wiyh puberty. so, we spent this weekend building it, with her doing a lot of the work. here's some pics...

First, here's the render...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200606_134631[1].jpg
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	4596289
                  Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Speaking of render, I'm rekindling my love of producing 3D art. Angling to start a new podcast series, along those lines, will update that, here.

Comment

Originally posted by danharr View Post

Yes turned out it had a missing firing pin as well so it's good I sent it in even though I was wrong about what problem the gun had.
                      Hmm, missing firing pin...

Comment

Well now, I wonder if WRabbit actually did the deed?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/us/fo...rnd/index.html

Congrats to him if he did !

Comment

eldest wants a new bedframe. i guess princess shit kinda dies wiyh puberty. so, we spent this weekend building it, with her doing a lot of the work. here's some pics...

First, here's the render...

Name:	20200606_134631[1].jpg
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	4596289
                          My parents built my sisters and I are our own wing in one of our homes when we were tweens. We had a massive hexagonal shaped bedroom, wall to wall mirrors, en-suite, our own conservatory, and a music/sitting room with fireplace. It was stunning. I will never get to do this princess stuff for my son, enjoy it while you can sub :)

Comment

I had a 10km jog did a bit or excersise and stretching then finished up my strength and conditioning with a bit of bag work. I've been trying to get down the tornado kick with mixed results.

"BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post

My parents built my sisters and I are our own wing in one of our homes when we were tweens. We had a massive hexagonal shaped bedroom, wall to wall mirrors, en-suite, our own conservatory, and a music/sitting room with fireplace. It was stunning. I will never get to do this princess stuff for my son, enjoy it while you can sub :)
                              It was a good bit of fun, we finished this off the other day. Forgot to update, here.

Name:	20200614_222220.jpg
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	4596492

Comment

Well done for completing the project.

I particularly like the inaccessibility of the shelf unit behind the bed ;)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X