What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

Oh lord, I pity the poor genealogist that tries to untie my familial Gordian knot. I'm not saying my family is inbred to the tune of something like The Hills Have Eyes... but an awful lot of 1st cousins got married in the old family dogpile last century.
    I lost my paternal paternal side somewhere in south Alabama, LOL. Lots of same last name in the county, but apparently they gave birth in cabins and never took part in any census.

No evidence of in-breeding, though.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

Tis best news on this site this year.

Everybody drink.
      Thanks, Joe. Been celebrating !

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

Man turned left across two lanes of traffic to pull into his housing addition. Daughter couldn't swerve to miss because someone was in the other lane beside her. Looks like her first ride, bought for her by her now deceased uncle is going to be totaled. She's okay.

She called me crying that it had happened and the man was cursing her. Two witnesses called 911 thinking he was going to leave the scene. I drove the 1/2 mile and confronted him. He promptly proceeded to get in my face and ask me to hit him. Social distancing be damned.

Police said they don't find at fault. How about failure to yield? As of yesterday his insurance still hasn't been able to contact him. Accident was six days ago. Now playing the insurance who's liable game. It's a dance that may take some time.

I'd put a full set of tires, alignment and oil change less than two weeks prior. Cause leaving in the fall to start college and it's not going to be seeing her every day.

Shit.
        You're more patient than I, as I usually don't refuse a request for punching. You could always just take the asshole to court over it.

Comment

After a 3 month odyssey got my hi-point 45 back from the manufacturer. Academy Sports and outdoors first sent it to the wrong factory, they didn't have the proper paperwork, and then took a ton of time to send the paperwork and then covid19 shut down Ohio for a month.
          Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Comment

Im working through the theory on this Yin Yoga TTC and I am with Paul Zinke on this: I could not give a cinnamon toasted fuck about energy meridians.

I have one final TTC to take for my full liscence, and I can either return to kerela or go to Nepal. I think the latter for more worldly travels, especially considering we will be going hiking in the weekends on that one.

Comment

Im working through the theory on this Yin Yoga TTC and I am with Paul Zinke on this: I could not give a cinnamon toasted fuck about energy meridians.

I have one final TTC to take for my full liscence, and I can either return to kerela or go to Nepal. I think the latter for more worldly travels, especially considering we will be going hiking in the weekends on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by danharr View Post
                After a 3 month odyssey got my hi-point 45 back from the manufacturer. Academy Sports and outdoors first sent it to the wrong factory, they didn't have the proper paperwork, and then took a ton of time to send the paperwork and then covid19 shut down Ohio for a month.
                Is it fixed?

Comment

Could not wake up for the life of me today. I slept about 14 hours all together. I kept getting up and falling straight back to sleep.

No idea what the hell that's all about. Still feel like sleeping. I've had two cups of coffee and I still feel like going back to bed.

Edit: Nevermind. I do know what that's all about. Goddamn side effects.
                  Last edited by Dung Beatles; 5/22/2020 9:51pm, .
                  "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

I worked, and then talked shit on the internet. Wife went for a covid test, after a virtual consult. We'll get the results maybe Tuesday, because holiday. Woot!

Remember that Monday is about our fallen heroes. If you knew one, honor him/her by relating a tale of their existence. This is not "suck a dick of a veteran day." If you say "Happy Memorial Day," I might want to choke you the fuck out. I was in tears, a little while ago, remembering one of my lost shipmates.
                    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                      I worked, and then talked shit on the internet. Wife went for a covid test, after a virtual consult. We'll get the results maybe Tuesday, because holiday. Woot!

Remember that Monday is about our fallen heroes. If you knew one, honor him/her by relating a tale of their existence. This is not "suck a dick of a veteran day." If you say "Happy Memorial Day," I might want to choke you the fuck out. I was in tears, a little while ago, remembering one of my lost shipmates.
                      So, I respect everything that you did for America while serving in the armed forces. Hell, every veteran has done more for America than I have. That being said, if I was in your shoes, "suck a dick of a veteran day" might not be the worst holiday on the calendar.
                      "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Fixed the pool vacuum. Played video games. Talked shit on the internet.
                        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Bought:

Parts to repair shower
                          New toilet handle
                          Case of Old Stock Ale

Need to:

Repair shower
                          Replace toilet handle
                          Mow lawn
                          Complete dimensional drawings of parts for a couple of customers
                          Fabricate tooling for afore mentioned customer's parts
                          Send other customer's needs for quotations on prototypes and production runs
                          Help daughter #2 find new ride. Insurance has come through.
                          Wait for ale to chill

Want:

Old man nap

Wife wants:

Lawn mowed, bushes trimmed, shower fixed, living room table cleared, house exterior painted,new ceiling fan in daughter #2's room installed, etc.

Old dog is now at 7 units X twice daily of insulin. Bag of bones.

Currently with two new pups. Now 9 weeks. Will henceforth refer to duties with them as "herding cats".

WONDERING:

Where have all the people gone?

Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Wife is threatening to paint my office, tomorrow. jnp and phrost can attest, once I hung the doors, I was basically donesies. I don't like to paint. It's only been 2.5 years.

Drew up plans for a replacement fence section, but adding in a gate.

Drew up plans for a bed frame, but we're extra quarantine because wife may have/had the rona, last week. This will be a daddy+kids project.

Last week, we built a nifty solid ass workbench, out of laminated reclaimed 2x4's. It's a stout little fucker. Showed them how to sharpen planing irons and chisels. We lack wood for making stuff, now.

Comment

Replaced toilet handle. Opened bottle of previously purchased and already cold ale.

Eying lawn. Rain forcast for tomorrow through the week. Women want shower head to deliver strong flow. 77 minutes till sunset. Water must be turned off for shower repair.

Logistics

Next door neighbor kid no longer calls me "Mr Joe". Just "Joe". Possible lawn maintenance guy? Will talk to mother.

Cause back pain, laziness and crushing workload. Mostly laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                                Wife is threatening to paint my office, tomorrow. jnp and phrost can attest, once I hung the doors, I was basically donesies. I don't like to paint. It's only been 2.5 years.

Drew up plans for a replacement fence section, but adding in a gate.

Drew up plans for a bed frame, but we're extra quarantine because wife may have/had the rona, last week. This will be a daddy+kids project.

Last week, we built a nifty solid ass workbench, out of laminated reclaimed 2x4's. It's a stout little fucker. Showed them how to sharpen planing irons and chisels. We lack wood for making stuff, now.
                                Solid stable wooden benches make excellent reloading platforms.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X