What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would suck horribly.

I think our kids just got another week...

ON a lighter note, I have 7.5 pounds of cured deer shoulder smoking over Alder wood.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

This week: Saturday managed to tear the front end of my car off trying to park next to a curb, caught the curb for those who are wondering. I have it tied up with rope thanks to experience with my last car you almost can't see the rope. Working at home got sick Tuesday heart burn all day and then sick feeling. Fought puking all day until I tried to take cold medicine gagged and out came the river of vomit. Had to convince myself I didn't have covid since later that night I got a fever. No other symptoms so didn't go to the hospital.
      Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Comment

Originally posted by danharr View Post
        This week: Saturday managed to tear the front end of my car off trying to park next to a curb, caught the curb for those who are wondering. I have it tied up with rope thanks to experience with my last car you almost can't see the rope. Working at home got sick Tuesday heart burn all day and then sick feeling. Fought puking all day until I tried to take cold medicine gagged and out came the river of vomit. Had to convince myself I didn't have covid since later that night I got a fever. No other symptoms so didn't go to the hospital.
        That sucks. Probably not Covid. Probably a stomach virus. It will just have to run it's course. Sorry you feel bad, hope it's a short one and you feel better by now.
        Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by danharr View Post
          Saw a news item today that said 50% hospitalized with COVID report gastrointestinal distress. Saw another thing showing a minority of people reported diarrhea. Could be food poisoning. That gave me a fever once. Still, could be the other thing.

If your fever drives up to 103, you need to call your doctor.
          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Okuri Ashi Barai practice tonight with my boys.

From Kata style lateral movement, and from Randori variations of lateral step, and circling and using uke's square up reaction.

The wife made gumbo.

The larger dirt hill in my back pasture should be sandbagged reinforced and ready for the resumption of applied physics and math practice with various technologies by Saturday.

Still pulling long days as a government contractor / consultant from home, and teaching university classes online.

Most of the beloved grapple fu academies I am keeping tabs on are giving classes online and still report they are well positioned defensively to weather on.

Our neighborhood Internet was out for a night and part of a day, but has been restored.

Comment

with this quarantine being the way it is, Im looking to build some yoga clients through online taster sessions. Im also considering going back onto the vegetarian food I was having in india. Noticed my food trackers, even on days Im not meeting my calories or am deliberately on sizeable deficits, im still overshooting on cholesterol and saturated fats, so Im adjusting accordingly.

Comment

Back to normal all it took was a puking. My Whiskey was delivered Uncle Nearest 1884 can't wait for tonight. Took dog to the vet so glad I don't have to have a long stick shoved in my butt. Squat hold increased to 2.30, Sunday pushups will go to 150, crunches 100. 6 inch hold still kicking my butt so it'll stay at 1 minute for now.
                Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Comment

The boys got their first lesson in American sign language from a friend of mine, who is a professional interpreter, and fellow black belt in BJJ.

Then rifle work, with the boys calling out targets for each other, and learning how to be spotters for each other.

Then they had another Okuri Ashi Barai practice, to the rhythm of the Blue Danube by various performances, still from both circling action, and kata style linear movements, but this time, no looking at Uke's feet, just keeping eyes on Uke's shoulders.

I may have them keep doing Okuri Ashi Barai like this for the next week, or the next few weeks, 5/7 days a week, with a practice of 1/7 or 2/7 from the week of free play.

Probably bring out the go-cart for the kids tomorrow.

They have their second sign language lesson lined up for tomorrow.
                  Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 3/28/2020 8:18pm, .

Comment

Finally got around to watching The Mandalorian, Kettlebell workout, 50/50 work, Altered Carbon Season 2.
                    Board Games.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                      The boys got their first lesson in American sign language from a friend of mine, who is a professional interpreter, and fellow black belt in BJJ.

Then rifle work, with the boys calling out targets for each other, and learning how to be spotters for each other.

Then they had another Okuri Ashi Barai practice, to the rhythm of the Blue Danube by various performances, still from both circling action, and kata style linear movements, but this time, no looking at Uke's feet, just keeping eyes on Uke's shoulders.

I may have them keep doing Okuri Ashi Barai like this for the next week, or the next few weeks, 5/7 days a week, with a practice of 1/7 or 2/7 from the week of free play.

What do you think of the "Toe Touch Drill" as a means to work on wrestling with out mats.
                      IE " you Free Wheresparring" Where the goal is to touch your partners foot without letting yours be touched. You know not actually trying to take your opponent down?

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post

What do you think of the "Toe Touch Drill" as a means to work on wrestling with out mats.
                        IE " you Free Wheresparring" Where the goal is to touch your partners foot without letting yours be touched. You know not actually trying to take your opponent down?
                        It sounds like a fun game.

We have done similar games.

As kids of all ages.

Some of them are even fun drinking games.

And fine fodder for wagers.

Just don't play against Uller, in that game, or any other.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post

OAB is beautiful.

Never let them look down.

Legrand had me drilling it for a year, with DAB.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Also I have gotten really interested in bohmian mechanics.
                            It's quiet fascinating, still has some issues such as not having a relativistic model yet.
                            I am not saying I am up for jumping to a more fringe theory but its very interesting.

Comment

Made a supply run.

A little before noon, I started smoking a pork butt, to smoke for 24 hours, for pulled pork tomorrow.

Kids had their second sign language lesson over the Internet from my friend.

They will have yet another Okuri Ashi Barai session tonight.

The wife made empanadas.

Tonight's adult beverage is Hard Apple Cider.

I'll be doing some homework, online, for a graduate course I am taking.

Then, after that is done, I will stream the latest Westworld.

Comment

Son 2 turned 15 yesterday. Smoked a pork shoulder in his honor, made mashed taters (which he helped plant etc), and transported it all to his Mom's house for family dinner. And brought some of the carrots he helped me plant, tend to, and harvest.

Kept asking him for 2 weeks what he wanted for his birthday, so he got a nice meal and a nice cake his Mom baked.

He and some friends spent the night fishing on Saturday. The set up a nice shelter. Caught some fish, even.

In the meanwhile, Son 1 finally got some work lined up on the farm he works at in the summer.

I've been reloading ammo. Holy crap, I barely found some fucking 165 gr. 30 cal bullets online. Spotted some powder that will work, locally, but not optimal. Got to get some at lunch. Will work good for 30/30, but just OK for .308 Win.

Thanks, panic buyers. I'm sure one of you fuckers will sell at a huge markup...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X