Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by BKR View Post

    Nice, good to see that being in a nice, quiet place calms people down.
    This is why Shaolin Temple is built in and named after the woods of Shaoshi Mountain.

    I'm sure it's almost as good as Montana, and has far fewer Communists.
    ​​​​​​

    Comment


      Come to the fun conclusion this week from all my training that physical fitness is by far the most important aspect of fighting beyond solid basics and anything else is just a bonus or excessive/not needed (shocking I know). Ive sadly not got enough tickets sold in time for the fight but I have got a lot out of this boxing personally and the money is still going to charity. I'll keep grinding my training and focusing on developing my good and working on the areas I need improving on, but apparently I'm fast from what the coaches have told me so I guess that's something.

      Got my exams to study for now for my final PT diploma module.

      I'm opting to look for a way out of my current job as new opportunities are coming forward with better pay.

      All the paperwork is signed and I move into the new home a week on thursday.

      Comment


        At District wrestling meet in Rathdrum. Son 1 lost 1st match, still coughing. was winning and ran out of air.
        Falling for Judo since 1980

        "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

        "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

        "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

        Comment


          Went to father inlaws ranch to help him move some of an 83? something life's worth of accumulated stuff. They're holding another sale this weekend.

          Was given an Iwo Jima bronze of the lifting of the flag. Plan on sending that on at a later date to a Bs member. I'll keep it for.

          Body scan appointment coming Monday. From the reviews, they'll try to hard sale me a ten year package. To hell with that.

          Tomorrow is another day with George, father inlaw, awesome example of the good side of the human race, all around good person and former Marine.

          Semper Fi.
          Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

          http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

          Comment


            Originally posted by kimjonghng View Post
            Come to the fun conclusion this week from all my training that physical fitness is by far the most important aspect of fighting beyond solid basics and anything else is just a bonus or excessive/not needed (shocking I know). Ive sadly not got enough tickets sold in time for the fight but I have got a lot out of this boxing personally and the money is still going to charity. I'll keep grinding my training and focusing on developing my good and working on the areas I need improving on, but apparently I'm fast from what the coaches have told me so I guess that's something.

            Got my exams to study for now for my final PT diploma module.

            I'm opting to look for a way out of my current job as new opportunities are coming forward with better pay.

            All the paperwork is signed and I move into the new home a week on thursday.
            There is something inherently satisfy about owning one's home. Even when you're co-owner with the lending institution. Good to see your plans are coming together.

            to add

            I've never been to India though I've worked closely with engineers from there and spent a fair amount of time with them here.

            and

            The weather is warming up. A couple of months and I'm going to jump out of a perfectly operational air plane. Cause bucket list and still have the knees. First time is strapped in to another. Doesn't count. Going to have to go a second time to do it alone. Cept daughter #1 said she'd go with me. Bet she's regretting that now.

            more

            Daughter #1 came in last night to see her sister presented at "Senior Night". I pulled puppy duty cause early riser and she hung out late with old friends.

            It's a good feeling to know, when your girls are out late, they're hanging with good people. 100% trust because you raised them well and always let them know anything was a subject for conversation.

            "Do as I say and not as I did. Walk your own path." Never gave my parents that sense of trust. Cause wild child and drugs.

            For reference-

            Apparent slow day on the site and opening 3rd Old Stock Ale.

            Y'all are my blog. Suckers.

            Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

            http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

            Comment


              Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
              Went to father inlaws ranch to help him move some of an 83? something life's worth of accumulated stuff. They're holding another sale this weekend.

              Was given an Iwo Jima bronze of the lifting of the flag. Plan on sending that on at a later date to a Bs member. I'll keep it for.

              Body scan appointment coming Monday. From the reviews, they'll try to hard sale me a ten year package. To hell with that.

              Tomorrow is another day with George, father inlaw, awesome example of the good side of the human race, all around good person and former Marine.

              Semper Fi.
              Right on, man. That sounds like a hell of a day.
              "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

              Comment


                Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

                Right on, man. That sounds like a hell of a day.
                Twas that. Tomorrow's another day and he'll swing by to pick me up to help deliver a wood lathe to his other son inlaw. I think I'm still #1. He doesn't know we're scheduled for divorce later this year. Wife hasn't told him because she doesn't want him to worry. Doesn't matter. He'll always be family. Tomorrow is back at his place after lathe delivery.

                disclaimer

                Cracked ale #3. Tad bit worried if indeed kidney stone. Keeping the flow going. Yuk yuk.





                Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

                http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

                Comment


                  Finally ran across a ‘rabid feminist’ at a training course outside work today. The educator was excellent, an older lady who knows her stuff, how to work a room and has a wicked sense of humour. Said feminist attempted a “that’s racist...” and trailed off when she realised she had jumped the gun (she thought the educator was going to reference cultures that ate dog...don’t ask me what the course name was :D). Then tried to bang her drum about the glass ceiling only for a younger lady in her team to ask what the term meant. And then the rest of the class piled on her, was fun. Look forward to going back for the final session tomorrow.

                  Does it also count against her that she had short, close cropped hair?
                  "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

                  Comment


                    Lacrosse season in full swing. Son #1 is one of the starting D poles on the varsity team and they are running through the competition right now. They beat a team on Friday that was undefeated last year. But you know, shit can change pretty quick when you graduate a few key players. Hoping they keep up the momentum. Son #2 is the lead scorer on his rec team. Son#1's coach showed up to a couple of his practices and bounced around the idea of having him come out to practice with the JV team even though he's in middle school. Son #3 just turned 4 and is trying to cause unending havoc in life. So, it's hectic but I wouldn't change it for anything.

                    Oh, doc thinks I have bursitis in the hips along with the bone on bone in my knee. So that's cool. Won't hold me back though.
                    Combatives training log.

                    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

                    Drum thread

                    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

                    "Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Lily View Post
                      Finally ran across a ‘rabid feminist’ at a training course outside work today. The educator was excellent, an older lady who knows her stuff, how to work a room and has a wicked sense of humour. Said feminist attempted a “that’s racist...” and trailed off when she realised she had jumped the gun (she thought the educator was going to reference cultures that ate dog...don’t ask me what the course name was :D). Then tried to bang her drum about the glass ceiling only for a younger lady in her team to ask what the term meant. And then the rest of the class piled on her, was fun. Look forward to going back for the final session tomorrow.

                      Does it also count against her that she had short, close cropped hair?
                      Let me guess...Conflict Resolution training.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Lily View Post
                        Finally ran across a ‘rabid feminist’ at a training course outside work today. The educator was excellent, an older lady who knows her stuff, how to work a room and has a wicked sense of humour. Said feminist attempted a “that’s racist...” and trailed off when she realised she had jumped the gun (she thought the educator was going to reference cultures that ate dog...don’t ask me what the course name was :D). Then tried to bang her drum about the glass ceiling only for a younger lady in her team to ask what the term meant. And then the rest of the class piled on her, was fun. Look forward to going back for the final session tomorrow.

                        Does it also count against her that she had short, close cropped hair?
                        Working in Academia, I have to be ultra careful about my speech and that is fine, but holy crap are their a lot of idioms that one is use to using that are no longer correct to use.
                        I just got told on Friday(?) that we should not longer use the expression "Rule of Thumb" while I get why do to the origins of the expression it is...... well it is a pain in the ass to have to monitor everything you say.
                        Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                        George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
                          Lacrosse season in full swing. Son #1 is one of the starting D poles on the varsity team and they are running through the competition right now. They beat a team on Friday that was undefeated last year. But you know, shit can change pretty quick when you graduate a few key players. Hoping they keep up the momentum. Son #2 is the lead scorer on his rec team. Son#1's coach showed up to a couple of his practices and bounced around the idea of having him come out to practice with the JV team even though he's in middle school. Son #3 just turned 4 and is trying to cause unending havoc in life. So, it's hectic but I wouldn't change it for anything.

                          Oh, doc thinks I have bursitis in the hips along with the bone on bone in my knee. So that's cool. Won't hold me back though.
                          Son 1 starts track today. He wants to get back into his serious lifting program to bulk up for football, which starts in August. But they will probably want him to run the mile and they also have a 2 mile race.

                          I suggested he go out for pole vaulting and long jump. That was what he was thinking, too. He said he would not mind running in the 4x200 relay. Just no distance running.

                          He is on really good terms with one of the coaches, so hopefully he can talk them into it.

                          He thinks he is in top 5 in the entire school in terms of his flat-out speed.

                          We shall see...

                          Wrestling is over, he was still sick at districts so lost his first match to a kid who he has beat 2 times before. Gassed about a minute into second period.

                          Falling for Judo since 1980

                          "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                          "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                          "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                          Comment


                            Overslept, morning QA bs, then chasing production issues, then meetings, and meetings, and more meetings, and now I'm chillin' before the next round of meetings. Typical Monday.
                            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

                              Let me guess...Conflict Resolution training.
                              “Thinking on your feet”.

                              Feminazi just told us how she can sometimes feel vulnerable when she chairs a meeting. Really?!!
                              "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Lily View Post

                                “Thinking on your feet”.

                                Feminazi just told us how she can sometimes feel vulnerable when she chairs a meeting. Really?!!
                                I always thought facilitating a meeting was a safe space.
                                Falling for Judo since 1980

                                "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                                "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                                "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X