Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
    I should have stayed in school.
    Nope, you are doing great. And it's not too late to go back to school and get an Engineering degree, either.

OU, or OSU. Just think how thrilled your daughter would be if you were a fellow freshman!
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
      If you want to call network & systems engineering, engineering, or having an engineering degree, then whaaaaaaat, otherwise carry on, carry on.
      I hear that type of engineer is really good at cabling. Must have classes for it...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

The new generation "millenials" don't seem to like school. Maybe it's a Pacific Northwest thing but it's still pretty depressing.
        "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Life is close enough.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

I hear that type of engineer is really good at cabling. Must have classes for it...
            haha not sure, not the type of engineering I got my degree in.
            I mean kind of....
            Electronics Engineering Degree, never made it out of IT into doing that sort of engineering because of the crash and the offers I was getting at the time where laugh able.
            Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
            ĖGeorge Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

The new generation "millenials" don't seem to like school. Maybe it's a Pacific Northwest thing but it's still pretty depressing.
              Depression is a Pacific Northwest thing.

I blame the entire Grunge movement on the lack of interest in redwood forests, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Depression is a Pacific Northwest thing.

I blame the entire Grunge movement on the lack of interest in redwood forests, personally.
                Oh, see, you never lived here. Up around this way it's definitely the lack of sunshine and the lack of time spent outside on clear days. It's depressing as fuck when everything is wet and dark for weeks at a time. I don't know if it's a vitamin D deficiency, a beta-wave problem in the brain, some sort of bad feedback loop in the brain chemistry but this place will drain the life out of you. Sometimes I think the homeless problem might be fed by addicts who don't realize they're secretly craving more sunshine so they decide to spend as much time as possible outside.

Did you know the Green River killer, the Betlway snipers and Ted Bundy are all from here? The beltway snipers and bundy even used to go to the same coffee shop decades apart.

I know people who went to highschool with Bundy. I met one lady who used to go on double dates with him with her sister. The tendency seems to hold true that the longer people not born here stick around up here, the weirder they get.

I've heard it anecdotally said that 50% of the Western World's serial killers are from the PNW. I don't know how true that is but from Blaine Washington to Portland an awful lot of psychos have started down dark paths.

I'm not being superstitious or anything but I noticed immediately that people here seem to be a little off. There's some kind of scumbag culture that runs just beneath everything where decent folk just automatically assume everyone who is a stranger is a scumbag. TBH, I fucking hate this part of America. The scenery is beautiful but fuck this weather.
                "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

Oh, see, you never lived here. Up around this way it's definitely the lack of sunshine and the lack of time spent outside on clear days. It's depressing as fuck when everything is wet and dark for weeks at a time. I don't know if it's a vitamin D deficiency, a beta-wave problem in the brain, some sort of bad feedback loop in the brain chemistry but this place will drain the life out of you. Sometimes I think the homeless problem might be fed by addicts who don't realize they're secretly craving more sunshine so they decide to spend as much time as possible outside.

Did you know the Green River killer, the Betlway snipers and Ted Bundy are all from here? The beltway snipers and bundy even used to go to the same coffee shop decades apart.

I know people who went to highschool with Bundy. I met one lady who used to go on double dates with him with her sister. The tendency seems to hold true that the longer people not born here stick around up here, the weirder they get.

I've heard it anecdotally said that 50% of the Western World's serial killers are from the PNW. I don't know how true that is but from Blaine Washington to Portland an awful lot of psychos have started down dark paths.

I'm not being superstitious or anything but I noticed immediately that people here seem to be a little off. There's some kind of scumbag culture that runs just beneath everything where decent folk just automatically assume everyone who is a stranger is a scumbag. TBH, I fucking hate this part of America. The scenery is beautiful but fuck this weather.
                  Redwoods, dude.

Comment

Redwoods, dude.
                    FUCK YOU, no seriously I rarely care about the dumb shit you say enough to give you a non troll fuck off but seriously fuck you.
                    minimizing real mental health issues with your just go to forest bullshit.
                    So once again
                    Fuck you.

‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč
                    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                    ĖGeorge Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post

FUCK YOU, no seriously I rarely care about the dumb shit you say enough to give you a non troll fuck off but seriously fuck you.
                      minimizing real mental health issues with your just go to forest bullshit.
                      So once again
                      Fuck you.

‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč
                      Triggered by trees, eh?

I'll bet you also rub mud on your ass, hump refrigerators, and talk to cans of mixed vegetables, too.

Comment

NOW I can't stop laughing. Funny on so many levels of turtle.

LOL "greenery", Dung.

Study: Being around trees and other greenery may help teens stave off depression

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...393_story.html

Comment

Triggered by trees, eh?

I'll bet you also rub mud on your ass, hump refrigerators, and talk to cans of mixed vegetables, too.
                          That would be a meth thing, not MJ.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

That would be a meth thing, not MJ.
                            A Gene thing, actually. This video will explain everything.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/21/2020 3:34pm, .

Comment

Similar to how Goodlun didn't quite get the reference about forest bathing and depression and pulled a Gene on me.

It's fine though, how could I be angry?

See, Mom taught me the superpower of forgiveness AND the healing power of trees, before bvFTD ate her brain the last few years. Ironically, she was a psychiatric nurse and mental health advocate for 40 years, and is now a part time day resident at the same nursing home she began her career at in 1970.
                              ‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč
                              ‚ÄčThe Japanese practice of ‚Äėforest bathing‚Äô is scientifically proven to improve your health
                              https://qz.com/804022/health-benefit...orest-bathing/

Comment

Similar to how Goodlun didn't quite get the reference about forest bathing and depression and pulled a Gene on me.

It's fine though, how could I be angry?

See, Mom taught me the superpower of forgiveness AND the healing power of trees, before bvFTD ate her brain the last few years. Ironically, she was a psychiatric nurse and mental health advocate for 40 years, and is now a part time day resident at the same nursing home she began her career at in 1970.
                                ‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč
                                ‚ÄčThe Japanese practice of ‚Äėforest bathing‚Äô is scientifically proven to improve your health
                                https://qz.com/804022/health-benefit...orest-bathing/
                                Nice, good to see that being in a nice, quiet place calms people down.

I find forests are great for family outings.

Helps keep ya warm too.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X