What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post

I used to have a "roll in what you wear" day. Where everyone was supposed to show up to class in either uniform or street clothes. Rolling gets pretty interesting when you have combat boots, BDUs, and a duty belt. Sucks trying to play guard when you have cuffs and pepper spray shoving into your back. And you can't jerk your legs out of positions when you have boots on. It's pretty fun.
    So you’re saying BJJ doesn’t work???!! ;)

Have done this in a tight skirt suit many years ago. We weren’t told it was happening, that didn’t go well. Training partners were told that using my ponytail as a hold was allowed too, they went easy but after that I really had to rethink my daily work style and I became the dag wearing sports shoes all the time (heels under my work desk for in office use only).
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

Well, get thee to an MD. Make sure it is not cancer.
      Seconded.
      "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post

So you’re saying BJJ doesn’t work???!! ;)

Have done this in a tight skirt suit many years ago. We weren’t told it was happening, that didn’t go well. Training partners were told that using my ponytail as a hold was allowed too, they went easy but after that I really had to rethink my daily work style and I became the dag wearing sports shoes all the time (heels under my work desk for in office use only).
        No, it totally works, but has to be altered for environments. I stopped training in a Gi a long time ago because I didn't want to get used to holds that aren't there 9 times out of 10 when I grab someone. But training in boots reminds you that just because those holds are not there on someone you grab doesn't mean they aren't there on you. So training in a Gi is still relevant just to learn to defend against those holds even if you don't use them for yourself. No one ever said you HAVE to grab the collar. You can get underhooks if you want to.
        Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

Pain was awful when I passed one in the past. This is a suspected one, still in the kidney area. I could be wrong.
          Never fuck around with kidney stuff. Renal failure can kill in minutes.
          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

No, it totally works, but has to be altered for environments. I stopped training in a Gi a long time ago because I didn't want to get used to holds that aren't there 9 times out of 10 when I grab someone. But training in boots reminds you that just because those holds are not there on someone you grab doesn't mean they aren't there on you. So training in a Gi is still relevant just to learn to defend against those holds even if you don't use them for yourself. No one ever said you HAVE to grab the collar. You can get underhooks if you want to.
            I mean I am just saying I have totally cross collared choked people in t-shirts.
            It is not so much about getting the same gi grip as just grabbing a healthy junk of fabric with street clothes, a lot of those grips still work.
            Though I still treat my Gi game and no gi game largely the same.
            Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
            George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post

I mean I am just saying I have totally cross collared choked people in t-shirts.
              It is not so much about getting the same gi grip as just grabbing a healthy junk of fabric with street clothes, a lot of those grips still work.
              Though I still treat my Gi game and no gi game largely the same.
              Try doing it to a naked inmate who has lathered himself in shit. And every time I've tried to do a color choke against someone in a Tshirt, it simply rips. That's happened a few times. But most of the time, people like to take their shirts off before they fight. The people I have fought, in real life, are savvy to the fight game. And usually in pretty good shape as well. Not to take away from your own experiences. I have adapted my fight game according to my own experiences. Which is also why I stress knife and stick skills.
              Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Try doing it to a naked inmate who has lathered himself in shit.
                LOL no, no thank you.
                Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Today's been pretty uneventful. I think that's a good thing. Watched three periods of English work on a group project, and my last two classes out of the day are taking an informational text exam. Since I'm mostly unneeded, I've been scrolling through bullshido, reddit, and facebook.

My girl's birthday was Friday, so I dressed up like her when we went out. Posted a pic of that to Facebook and people seem to really enjoy me having very large fake breasts.

Comment

Had to get to work on time, on time this morning no biggie I usually do but it was a morning I couldn't be late so I had to get to work early. Since I had an 8 am meeting with DEVGRU that was kind of neat.
                    Things are coming together on a large number of projects at work, so stress is high but coming down.
                    Fucking legs are fucking shot though, man the amount of stairs I have been climbing by running all over our ship that I just dropped a new Sat Comms dome on.
                    Standard work outs this week, though since I am pretty beat up I actually drilled more during open mat than sparred. then on Tuesday night open mat period post class I also did a bit more drilling vs rolling, most because I trying to let a few minor "over use" injuries heal up more.
                    Haven't slept well all week and its catching up to me......

Comment

Happy National Engineers Week.

All my engineers in the house say "whaaaaaaat".

#crickets?

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                        Happy National Engineers Week.

All my engineers in the house say "whaaaaaaat".

#crickets?
                        All the engineers I know are either working right now or in their garage tinkering on shit. So, I'll say waaaaaaaat for them. Knowing that their response to my waaaaaaat would be some complicated nonsense that I would fade out on half way through.
                        Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Comment

All the engineers I know are either working right now or in their garage tinkering on shit. So, I'll say waaaaaaaat for them. Knowing that their response to my waaaaaaat would be some complicated nonsense that I would fade out on half way through.
                          It's true, we never stop working for you.

Comment

If you want to call network & systems engineering, engineering, or having an engineering degree, then whaaaaaaat, otherwise carry on, carry on.

Comment

I should have stayed in school.
                              Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                                If you want to call network & systems engineering, engineering, or having an engineering degree, then whaaaaaaat, otherwise carry on, carry on.
                                Hey, Rayce is an Engineer, too. Shut your disrespectful mouth!

Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X