What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Kratom was for a Wrabbit snare. I still have some left from last year.
    Careful. Kratom, according to the FDA, has a much higher fatality rate than what DB would offer.

My oldest son is now BF to a half Asian, half Hispanic family. We invited GF out for Thai.

He's got this, Joe. I've trained him well, like you did. Gong Hei Fat Choy!

She's Hakka, you know....I almost lost my mind when I knew parts of her language.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/14/2020 10:55pm, .

Comment

Yesterday, I witnessed a pretty unbelievable event. For the third time in my life, I made the local news.

My wife, friends and I were evacuated from the Broadhurst Theater, as part of a Broadway lockdown by FDNY, NYPD, numerous EMTs (and unnamed counterterrorism operators whose pictures I did not take, and would never share).

If you look REALLY close in this video, you'll see me. But you'd need to know where to look.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ident/2291063/

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/16/2020 12:43am, .

Comment

Crab boil. Pics.
        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
          Crab boil. Pics.
          You champion. I'm pretty jealous, I'll admit.
          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Friday, got shit done, Sat went to the Gym as usual, got vegan street tacos with my Buddy and his new wife, got to repay them for their hospitality in Japan(at the time she was living there and me and my buddy where getting off a boat in Guam). Today went to open mat with the child and worked on back attacks and survival more than getting rolls in(though I did of course get some pretty decent rolls in).
            Thinking about picking up some wrestling shoes, a number of people are rocking them at the gym, and well fuck its been cold cause its not like places around here have heat in them during the winter and big old open door. Also also I think it would be neat to work in some work in shoes, though I normally run around in flip flops anyways so go figure?
            Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
            –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
              Friday, got shit done, Sat went to the Gym as usual, got vegan street tacos with my Buddy and his new wife, got to repay them for their hospitality in Japan(at the time she was living there and me and my buddy where getting off a boat in Guam). Today went to open mat with the child and worked on back attacks and survival more than getting rolls in(though I did of course get some pretty decent rolls in).
              Thinking about picking up some wrestling shoes, a number of people are rocking them at the gym, and well fuck its been cold cause its not like places around here have heat in them during the winter and big old open door. Also also I think it would be neat to work in some work in shoes, though I normally run around in flip flops anyways so go figure?
              I used to have a "roll in what you wear" day. Where everyone was supposed to show up to class in either uniform or street clothes. Rolling gets pretty interesting when you have combat boots, BDUs, and a duty belt. Sucks trying to play guard when you have cuffs and pepper spray shoving into your back. And you can't jerk your legs out of positions when you have boots on. It's pretty fun.
              Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Wife: Make me breakfast in bed. I want spicy eggs, fruit and juice.

Me: How about juevos rancheros, fresh grapefruit and OJ?

Wife: Are you trying to poison me?
                "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

I technically have the day off but stuck birddogging an issue with a sat comms vendor.
                  wondering around Old Town at present.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200217_105857.jpg
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	4591371
                  Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                  –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Day off, ate, slept. Now cleaning house. Woot woot
                    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Rockin the Bullshido app!
                      Attached Files

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                        Day off, ate, slept. Now cleaning house. Woot woot
                        Did everyone have today off but me?

Anyways. Saw Sonic the Hedgehog, best movie since Shazam!

Rocking the Bullshido t-shirt on the treadmill. Will post vain selfie, because damn I look good in this.

Comment

Well the boxing training is going well. There's definitely a large skill gap. Many people havent been able to sell enough tickets to compete or have dropped out. I havent sold enough either but I got an extension. Hopefully the remainder go before I run out of time, as I dont have the spare cash to throw at buying and reselling them later.

I've put some new skills in asserting myself at work to good use this week when my manager tried to retract an approved, booked and paid for holiday (back in september I will add) 4 weeks before it happened (that i could not refund). Feeling proud of myself over that one. I'll be off to Germany on a meditation and kung fu retreat in Leipzig, studying an internal style called Ziranmen. That fight quest global travel plan I had is on destination two then.

The paperwork is all signed on the apartment and unless the seller has a change of heart, I can move in by the end of the month. I sit my last exam for my Personal Trainer course in three weeks. Busy times.

Comment

joe!! - are you passed out somewhere?? Cannot imagine the pain you experienced.
                            "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post
                              joe!! - are you passed out somewhere?? Cannot imagine the pain you experienced.
                              Pain was awful when I passed one in the past. This is a suspected one, still in the kidney area. I could be wrong. It's been a good week now.

May have to break down and go see a doctor. Did some work years back on a laparoscopic surgical invention for a urologist. Maybe he'll give me a discount.

I've saved a ton of money over the past decade paying out of pocket for medical. Sadly, didn't actually save the money.

Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

Pain was awful when I passed one in the past. This is a suspected one, still in the kidney area. I could be wrong. It's been a good week now.

May have to break down and go see a doctor. Did some work years back on a laparoscopic surgical invention for a urologist. Maybe he'll give me a discount.

I've saved a ton of money over the past decade paying out of pocket for medical. Sadly, didn't actually save the money.

Well, get thee to an MD. Make sure it is not cancer.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X