• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKR View Post
    Get him an old truck.

Yeah, this one is nice !

https://www.carsforsale.com/Search?C...&Models=F-150&
    That thing is 10x the price of first car, an 81 Impala.

The driving school used a Prius. My heart was in my chest yesterday, he was out on Route-1 and I-287 in that dinker.

Comment

Get him an old truck.

Yeah, this one is nice !

https://www.carsforsale.com/Search?C...&Models=F-150&
      My son is getting his PawPaw's Volvo Xc-90. He's kept it in pristine condition over the years, always in the garage, and kept up all the maintenance. He is the only owner. And he will be able to fit all his lacrosse gear in the back.

Oddly enough, he doesn't care about driving a station wagon. :D

I told him no mattresses in the back.
      Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

This event looks freaking great:
        https://substars.us/

Click image for larger version

Name:	SubStarz.jpg
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	4331037

Fight Card:
        Main Event - Dustin "The Diamond" Poirier vs Garry "The Lion Killer" Tonon
        CELEBRITY SUMO Round Robin best 2 of 3 - Anthony "Rumble" Johnson vs Curtis "Razor" Blaydes vs Yamamotoyama (Heaviest Japanese Sumo wrestler in history and world champion, 583lbs) vs Takeshi (210lbs Japanese Sumo champion)
        I am not familiar with the promoter do they put on good events is it worth the money?
        Is there going to be a streaming option?

According to
        https://www.jiujitsutimes.com/garry-...ar-main-event/

Most of those matches look great.
        Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
        George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
          No pity for those they run over?
          My DNA is what matters to me. If everyone took my advice, it would be all good.
          Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
            That thing is 10x the price of first car, an 81 Impala.

The driving school used a Prius. My heart was in my chest yesterday, he was out on Route-1 and I-287 in that dinker.
            Well, get him an old heavy metal vehicle of some sort. An '81 Impala would be a decent choice as well.

Fucking Prius..every time I see one I think of Mad Cow Disease...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
              My son is getting his PawPaw's Volvo Xc-90. He's kept it in pristine condition over the years, always in the garage, and kept up all the maintenance. He is the only owner. And he will be able to fit all his lacrosse gear in the back.

Oddly enough, he doesn't care about driving a station wagon. :D

I told him no mattresses in the back.
              I drove a 1975 VW Rabbit in high school. Let's just say where there is a will, there is a way.

Comment

Well, get him an old heavy metal vehicle of some sort. An '81 Impala would be a decent choice as well.

Fucking Prius..every time I see one I think of Mad Cow Disease...
                I have always been a fan of the Volvo 240 for teenagers. Cheap, safe, slow, but still handles fine for getting out of the way.
                Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                  I have always been a fan of the Volvo 240 for teenagers. Cheap, safe, slow, but still handles fine for getting out of the way.
                  That would work.

Comment

That would work.
                    Well other than they are getting a little long in the tooth now, I prefer something a little newer for reliability, a malfunctioning car isn't exactly a safe car either.
                    But frankly a lot of cars are pretty safe now. Maybe even something like a mid 2000s Jetta, don't know, yet I am a couple of years away from dealing with this problem.
                    All I know is my Abarth wouldn't be ideal at all. I won't get much of a trade in from it when I get myself a Tesla 3 or the like.

Comment

Thank you Dr G and hungryjoe for the kind words. Didn’t want to post an update till I got my drains out (yay!), the Chyle leak seems to have resolved itself.

Dr G - didn’t get back to you, I was fortunate to be physically active and independent while in hospital for 6 days. Must have worn a hole in the carpets walking a 100 or so laps of the ward every day. I just felt trapped there, connected to all sorts of things which as they came out day by day were wins, didn’t see the sun enough, missed my child, felt flat in general, I’m not big on TV. Upside, I was able to spend time reading to a patient next door to me, listening to the nurses’ stories and have some follow up action to assist where I can. Home sweet home, haven’t gotten back to ‘routine’ which is a good thing I think, just want to tap into the awareness I’ve come to over the last few days and ensure even more I’m doing things that are meaningful for me, and for my family.
                      "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Welcome back! Was feeling jilted when you didn't answer my love letter. More worried you'd made an escape and were running wild through the smoke filled countryside in one of those gowns that ties in the back.
                        Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Ah, Tiger Lily,

If I could have hit 'Love' instead of the like to the news from your post, I would have.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                            Birthday bottle of Canadian blended whisky is still in it's virgin state. It's not bourbon but looking forward to it.
                            yes its better than bourbon :D,

potentially

Comment

Originally posted by lant3rn View Post

potentially
                              Here we go....

Comment

Originally posted by lant3rn View Post

potentially
                                Shut yer whore Canadian mouth!

You're right. There are some good blends out there.
                                Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X