Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Grappled on the ribs again today, of course no problem.

    But fucking sneezing, I hate sneezing.

    And coughing.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
      Might be for the best, less pressure.
      Yeah, he will have enough pressure, as this is a league duel. But they will have a tournament to see who goes to state, later in February. He told me he has a chance to go, as the top 3 from the distric/league (in this case Intermountain) go to the state tournament. The kid he beat from Kellogg night before last (the video) and his own team-mate are his competition. He can't beat his teammate (or if he did, it would be an outlier, I've watched him wrestle).

      Son 1 creamed the kid from Timberlake in less than a minute a couple of weeks ago, so he figures if he beats the kid from Priest River, he has a good chance.

      Last meet, he told me he was pretty nervous because he was wrestling in front of the home crowd.

      I have been really careful to not put any pressure on him to win, or make it to state. This is his first season wrestling, and I told him he should get as many matches as he can in order to get experience. He has the athleticism and combativeness to do well, if he decides he wants to wrestle next season.

      Which he many not do, because as he puts it, nobody likes to wrestle, him included. I mean, he likes practice, but competing is so different than football, what with all the waiting, monitoring weight, and more waiting all day to compete in a few matches.
      Falling for Judo since 1980

      "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

      "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

      "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

      Comment


        Originally posted by BKR View Post
        Yeah, he will have enough pressure, as this is a league duel. But they will have a tournament to see who goes to state, later in February. He told me he has a chance to go, as the top 3 from the distric/league (in this case Intermountain) go to the state tournament. The kid he beat from Kellogg night before last (the video) and his own team-mate are his competition. He can't beat his teammate (or if he did, it would be an outlier, I've watched him wrestle).

        Son 1 creamed the kid from Timberlake in less than a minute a couple of weeks ago, so he figures if he beats the kid from Priest River, he has a good chance.

        Last meet, he told me he was pretty nervous because he was wrestling in front of the home crowd.

        I have been really careful to not put any pressure on him to win, or make it to state. This is his first season wrestling, and I told him he should get as many matches as he can in order to get experience. He has the athleticism and combativeness to do well, if he decides he wants to wrestle next season.

        Which he many not do, because as he puts it, nobody likes to wrestle, him included. I mean, he likes practice, but competing is so different than football, what with all the waiting, monitoring weight, and more waiting all day to compete in a few matches.
        He's put a lot on himself. I could never make it beyond the B team. A team was the state perenally 5A champ. Before there was a 6A classification.

        Tell him to go out there and "get some". He's done more than well. Tell him chick's love sweaty wiry guys.

        Hungry Joe says so.

        and, when the time is right

        Wear protection
        Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

        http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

        Comment


          Well if the project at work fails to meet said deadline it won't be my fault! Cause I bang that shit out. Fuck showing up when i feel like shit is getting old. No BJJ for me tonight feel stupid run down and all. In fact i think i might be going to bed soon.....
          Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
          –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

          Comment


            Originally posted by goodlun View Post
            Well if the project at work fails to meet said deadline it won't be my fault! Cause I bang that shit out. Fuck showing up when i feel like shit is getting old. No BJJ for me tonight feel stupid run down and all. In fact i think i might be going to bed soon.....
            Half stepper......
            Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

            http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

            Comment


              Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
              He's put a lot on himself. I could never make it beyond the B team. A team was the state perennially 5A champ. Before there was a 6A classification.

              Tell him to go out there and "get some". He's done more than well. Tell him chick's love sweaty wiry guys.

              Hungry Joe says so.

              and, when the time is right

              Wear protection
              Yeah, he has a pretty combative attitude, and likes contact (hence his joy at the wrestling coach, who is also the defensive coord. on the varsity team) tell him he was going to put him at linebacker, from cornerback. Give him a chance anyway.

              I think he has learned about high school female drama. For a while, he was going for it pretty hard, but then decided maybe that was more distraction than he wanted.

              I mean, I was thinking about the whole combative thing on the way back from Post Falls this afternoon. Trying to decide if I should try to encourage him to just go for it, enjoy kicking some ass, and not worry. He seems to have a fairly balanced attitude about competition, and handles losing pretty well. He does like slamming guys with a running double, though, LOL. I mean, a LOT.

              I mean, I just loved literally knocking the shit out of people, and I absolutely hated losing, when I was his age, either in sports or academically.

              So for now, I'm going to adopt a wait and see attitude. I tell him I enjoy watching him and his teammates compete, regardless of sport, or outcome. Obviously, I'd rather they win, but that is not the most important thing at this point. Gotta balance that shit out.

              And the protection, yeah, we have had that talk. My impression is that he does not think the juice is worth the squeeze, so to speak, at this point. But we all know how that can go....
              Falling for Judo since 1980

              "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

              "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

              "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

              Comment


                Originally posted by BKR View Post
                Yeah, he has a pretty combative attitude, and likes contact (hence his joy at the wrestling coach, who is also the defensive coord. on the varsity team) tell him he was going to put him at linebacker, from cornerback. Give him a chance anyway.

                I think he has learned about high school female drama. For a while, he was going for it pretty hard, but then decided maybe that was more distraction than he wanted.

                I mean, I was thinking about the whole combative thing on the way back from Post Falls this afternoon. Trying to decide if I should try to encourage him to just go for it, enjoy kicking some ass, and not worry. He seems to have a fairly balanced attitude about competition, and handles losing pretty well. He does like slamming guys with a running double, though, LOL. I mean, a LOT.

                I mean, I just loved literally knocking the shit out of people, and I absolutely hated losing, when I was his age, either in sports or academically.

                So for now, I'm going to adopt a wait and see attitude. I tell him I enjoy watching him and his teammates compete, regardless of sport, or outcome. Obviously, I'd rather they win, but that is not the most important thing at this point. Gotta balance that shit out.

                And the protection, yeah, we have had that talk. My impression is that he does not think the juice is worth the squeeze, so to speak, at this point. But we all know how that can go....
                Kick some ass, yet be gracious in defeat. Enjoy life and push it forward when opportunity provides. These are lessons that carry us on. You've done well.

                More videos expected.
                Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

                http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

                Comment


                  Well, realizing this may be a bit cruel,

                  The Members Mark (Sam's Club) large green olives stuffed with both raw garlic AND jalapenos are fucking divine.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                    Kick some ass, yet be gracious in defeat. Enjoy life and push it forward when opportunity provides. These are lessons that carry us on. You've done well.

                    More videos expected.
                    They have their big home tournament in a couple of weeks or so.

                    He is a good sport.
                    Last edited by BKR; 1/23/2020 10:35pm, .
                    Falling for Judo since 1980

                    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                      Well, realizing this may be a bit cruel,

                      The Members Mark (Sam's Club) large green olives stuffed with both raw garlic AND jalapenos are fucking divine.
                      I have anchovy stuffed ones in the fridge, thanks for reminding me.

                      And homemade summer sausage.
                      Falling for Judo since 1980

                      "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                      "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                      "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by BKR View Post
                        I have anchovy stuffed ones in the fridge, thanks for reminding me.
                        I have the anchovy stuffed, the bleu cheese stuffed, the feta stuffed, almond stuffed, pimentos, and some just for martini's swimming in a light vermouth and heavy vinegar base.

                        But nothing compares to a fat green olive stuffed with raw garlic,

                        except a fat green olive stuffed with raw garlic, AND jalapeno.

                        I can eat them in place of a meal.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                          I have the anchovy stuffed, the bleu cheese stuffed, the feta stuffed, almond stuffed, pimentos, and some just for martini's swimming in a light vermouth and heavy vinegar base.

                          But nothing compares to a fat green olive stuffed with raw garlic,

                          except a fat green olive stuffed with raw garlic, AND jalapeno.

                          I can eat them in place of a meal.
                          Good thing I avoided the condiment aisle this evening.

                          Bastard...
                          Falling for Judo since 1980

                          "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                          "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                          "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                          Comment


                            Son 1 got home about 2100 last night from the wrestling meet.

                            As previously noted, he was the varsity guy because usual 138 lb.er was sick.

                            He won both his matches, the varsity/league duel plus one exhibition vs a 145 lb.er.

                            Total mat time he estimated at 1 minute.

                            First guy was taller, and went for a strong collar and wrist tie.
                            Son 1 said he sense a golden opp to do an arm spin throw. He'd been wanting to do one for a while, LOL. Must be a genetic thing for Ippon Seoi Nage, LOL.

                            So he he gave the guy a push, he pushed back, and got apparently spectacularly thrown with a standing arm spin throw, landed in a pin, flattened him out, and it was all over in maybe 20 seconds.

                            Son 1 was pretty pumped about that one.

                            Next match was with a fairly jacked 145 lb.er.

                            His coach told him to do a running double, so he went for that. As he described it, he was driving and felt the kid shift to try to hip toss him (a common counter, apparently, I've certainly seen a few).

                            So as the guy started to turn, Son 1 stepped with the turn and executed what sounded to me like (in Judo parlance) a kind of a standing Daki Wakare.

                            In any case, he countered the counter, landed on top, and pinned the guy for the win.

                            Sorry, no video !
                            Falling for Judo since 1980

                            "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                            "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                            "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                            Comment


                              Ice, fresh lime wedge well squeezed, Tanqueray, and Tonic.

                              On the side, not in the drink, a small bowl of my new favorite olive snack, large green olives stuffed with raw garlic AND jalapenos.

                              Silly garbage on the TV.

                              The family unit doing their strange activities.

                              The dog, acting like she has never been petted in her life, and needs immediate comforting.

                              All in all, a keeper sequence of moments.

                              (Spit, spit)

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                                I have the anchovy stuffed, the bleu cheese stuffed, the feta stuffed, almond stuffed, pimentos, and some just for martini's swimming in a light vermouth and heavy vinegar base.

                                But nothing compares to a fat green olive stuffed with raw garlic,

                                except a fat green olive stuffed with raw garlic, AND jalapeno.

                                I can eat them in place of a meal.
                                We are out of dry cat food (for the cats, I prefer wet, tuna flavored).

                                So I have to go to Super 1 after I get home and offload gear.

                                I am afraid you have again made me buy expensive condiments, asshole.
                                Falling for Judo since 1980

                                "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                                "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                                "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X