No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work......I really do love my job, heck I even like my co-workers, but man I would love it so much more if I could choke them when they are being knuckle heads lol.
    Tonight more Williams Guard, and um not much rolling, like everyone cleared out super quick tonight not sure whats up.
    Probably for the best my body is starting to yell at me, I am not really giving myself enough recovery time.
    Not looking forward to this weekend, my friend is finally having the service for his mother.
    I have mixed feelings about going.... I want to obviously support my friend and honor his mother, but well I suspect most of you know what I mean.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
      Won his match. Escape to double, then turn to pin.
      This guy was every bit as strong as my son, so evenly matched that way. Both are JV level, u138 lbs., obviously. My kid had a bit more wind than him. This is not the entire match, it went almost 6 minutes.

He was able to escape referees position, a few times, and was down like, 6 to 1 or 2 when he turned it around.

OK, finally. utoob is so fucking slow.

He is in the blue singlet, the other guy is in black with a "K" on the back, for Kellog.

Bonus footage (am I old or what) of the meet last weekend out of town. One of his teammates took this one. One of the coaches calls it the Sky Running Double, LOL. This was JV as well, same 138 lb. He won 2 other matches, I think. Total mat time was about 1.5 minutes, according to him.
      This is kinda small, he got it to me from his buddies snap*at.
      Last edited by BKR; 1/22/2020 1:11am, . Reason: Fix link/add which one is my kid
      Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Got knee-ridden into oblivion by Josh Hinger this evening. No vids, pics or anecdotes - just sweet painful memories.
        2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
        #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
          Got knee-ridden into oblivion by Josh Hinger this evening. No vids, pics or anecdotes - just sweet painful memories.
          Oh so its your fault we don't have a new mat burn podcast
          Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

This guy was every bit as strong as my son, so evenly matched that way. Both are JV level, u138 lbs., obviously. My kid had a bit more wind than him. This is not the entire match, it went almost 6 minutes.

He was able to escape referees position, a few times, and was down like, 6 to 1 or 2 when he turned it around.

OK, finally. utoob is so fucking slow.

He is in the blue singlet, the other guy is in black with a "K" on the back, for Kellog.

Bonus footage (am I old or what) of the meet last weekend out of town. One of his teammates took this one. One of the coaches calls it the Sky Running Double, LOL. This was JV as well, same 138 lb. He won 2 other matches, I think. Total mat time was about 1.5 minutes, according to him.
            This is kinda small, he got it to me from his buddies snap*at.
            Match one - have him look at the back of his opponent's neck as he is hitting duck unders, or double leg take downs, or high crotches.

It helps keep the angle just right to put the opponent on his far pinky toe, and helps prevent the opponent from being able to hop out or rotate out, or even sprawl with the clear target of weight in the right place on your son as he hits those moves.

Unsolicited advice from the Peanut Gallery and Breakfast Club.

Great job!

Comment

Is this akin to rep-bitching?

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                Match one - have him look at the back of his opponent's neck as he is hitting duck unders, or double leg take downs, or high crotches.

It helps keep the angle just right to put the opponent on his far pinky toe, and helps prevent the opponent from being able to hop out or rotate out, or even sprawl with the clear target of weight in the right place on your son as he hits those moves.

Unsolicited advice from the Peanut Gallery and Breakfast Club.

Great job!
                Not a problem, thanks! I have most of the whole match (the more recent one) on video. He almost got the guy on an outside single, but dude was strong enough to escape, plus he knew how.

My son got caught early on an single himself, almost got out out of it, and then another and a out of bounds 1 pointer, something like that.

This is his first season wrestling, it's mostly athleticism and desire on his part.

Comment

Is this akin to rep-bitching?
                  bitching? It was awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                    Oh so its your fault we don't have a new mat burn podcast

Comment

bitching? It was awesome!
                      Bitchin' !

Comment

Four more weeks or so of grappling on torn ribs.

It's the sneezing and coughing and turning while sleeping that are the chief annoyances...

Fuck you.

Comment

Wife's birthday today, project at work is coming to a close soon, or it better because their is a cruise. Hit the personal trainer with the child. Have a slight shoulder tightness, personal trainer got in there good with the massage. That helped. Sushi for dinner so that will be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                            Wife's birthday today, project at work is coming to a close soon, or it better because their is a cruise. Hit the personal trainer with the child. Have a slight shoulder tightness, personal trainer got in there good with the massage. That helped. Sushi for dinner so that will be nice.
                            Maybe you should avoid the soy sauce, given your shoulder tightness.

It gives many people a bit of inflammation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                              Four more weeks or so of grappling on torn ribs.

It's the sneezing and coughing and turning while sleeping that are the chief annoyances...

Fuck you.
                              I recommend some good standup comedy viewing.
                              Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                                I recommend some good standup comedy viewing.
                                I have some difficulty following it, or staying engaged in many cases.

Although, when I catch it, and can follow it, I love to laugh,

and I laugh even harder at those fools that say that comedy is offensive.

Comedy is supposed to be offensive,

Aristotle explained that comedy presents our vulgar side,

and the vulgar parts of society.

If we cannot do so through comedy, then we are in a tyranny indeed,

whether a tyranny of our minds, or mob groups, or of the ruling classes.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X