No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a awesome bowl of cereal after a nice morning jog now time to BJJ!

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
      Finally (Got vouchers and tried to do it weeks ago) got to go down and take the 2nd Linux Plus exam.
      So I am now Linux Plus certified.
      So er um yeah it means I can pass a stupid fucking test.
      Also I totally know how to use Google and man pages to do Linux stuffs.....
      Next up Security plus(finally) damn I should have had that years ago.
      Did you go on the course or do self study? I've been toying with the idea of doing Linux+, I've got some free time in June and was planning doing some more training/certification

Comment

Just got through moving house (or apartment, as the case may be), no one can find anything and we won't have Wi-Fi for another week despite being promised it would be set up upon arrival (I'm currently connecting to 3G via my phone). Managed to come down with a pretty impressive combination of a cold, a fever and the flu during the move, from which I'm slowly recovering. The best part is we'll be moving again in two months, to an apartment that's under construction at the moment, so when we're about settled down it'll be time to start the circus up all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadzu View Post
          Just got through moving house (or apartment, as the case may be), no one can find anything and we won't have Wi-Fi for another week despite being promised it would be set up upon arrival (I'm currently connecting to 3G via my phone). Managed to come down with a pretty impressive combination of a cold, a fever and the flu during the move, from which I'm slowly recovering. The best part is we'll be moving again in two months, to an apartment that's under construction at the moment, so when we're about settled down it'll be time to start the circus up all over again.
          That sounds joyous. I'm currently in the process of packing all my shit up so I can move back across the ocean.

Comment

Well, my nuts survived so that's a bonus.

Mini-tournament went well, came about in the middle points wise which is what I suspected would happen. Won 3 longsword matches, got lolpwned in a sabre match. Should clearly stick to longsword.

Comment

Originally posted by scipio View Post
              Did you go on the course or do self study? I've been toying with the idea of doing Linux+, I've got some free time in June and was planning doing some more training/certification
              I am going through WGU to pick up a BS in IT Security, mostly because my wife wanted to start their program and I could use the certs anyways and they are pretty damn cheap, transferred in pretty much everything they could from my BS EET.
              In fact I do recomment them to anyone that is looking to get a bunch of certs(even thought they are mostly low end ones) and a Degree.
              http://www.wgu.edu/online_it_degrees...egree_security to pick up my certs and for Linux plus they used TestOut
              http://www.testout.com/
              for the courses.
              I will say the TestOut content was really insufficient and would not recommend them for linux +.
              They are find for the A+,Network+, and from I can see Security+(which I am working on at the very moment).

Comment

Comment

Spent the weekend at The Noble Science, which is a HEMA camp for unarmed stuff.

Day 1 was: Conditioning, Savate, Indian Clubs, Scottish Backhold Wrestling.

Day 2: WW2 Combatives, Catch Wrestling, Pugilism, Wrestling games.

Catch is fucking murderous.

Comment

Never go drinking with Scandinavians. Just don't. Trust me. It never ends well.

Comment

Got up. Got in an argument on facebook messenger with someone who misinterpreted my words. Lame.
                      Drove for 40 minutes to petsitting client's house.
                      Went inside, looked for detailed instructions list that clients promised me. Did not find any such list. Decided to not panic and do my best to use my remembering brainmeats. My hippocampus is about 60% the size of a normal one, so that often doesn't work well, but I seemed to manage ok this time, thankfully. Everyone got fed and watered. The only instructions I got were from the little boy, who left a note with illustrations showing me that his guinea pigs got two scoops of feed a day.

I also found this on the cage of the little girl's bunny:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Iloveyoumiss.jpg
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	4329723

That made my day, I have to say.
                      That shit went right the hell on up on my fridge, because if a kid gives you this, that is where you goddamn put it.

Fed the parent's bunnies, but the male attacked the moment I opened the cage, and the female growled. Did you know bunnies can growl? Well, now I know they can.

I wrapped a towel around my hand so I wouldn't get bit or kicked into shreds. Shit. They breed those two. They are working on breeding the bunny from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, I'm pretty sure.

Went to the little farm out back. Swarmed by ducks. Luckily, just happy, hungry ducks. Was glad they were not bunnies.

Discovered the two laying hens were out of their coop. Brainmeats fired up and reminded me that the family had meant to lock them up so raccoons and possums wouldn't eat them. I was able to just reach down and pick one up, like a chicken whispering boss. She didn't even care. I think she actually liked being held.

The other hen wasn't down with that, but she did like the idea of being fed, so she walked into the coop by herself. I felt like the queen of chicken wrangling. Awh yiss no possumsnax up in here! The hens yelled at me for locking them in, but I was happy to keep them safe.

Fed the ducks. Ducks are rapey motherfuckers. The drakes will gang rape a female duck to death. Zoologists call it "forced copulation" but it is duck rape. Strangely, though, these ducks were gentlemen about letting their ladyducks eat first while they stood guard. Huh. How about that.

Fed the quail, who had a long, 8 (or maybe less) inch tall house on stilts. Why so short? Because quail, when startled will explode straight upwards to get away from whatever it is that startled them. Thus, they need either an aviary that is well over 6 feet tall, or under 12 inches tall, so that they will not kill themselves by breaking their skulls or necks on a ceiling. I get to keep any quail eggs that roll out. Score!

Fed and watered the meat bunnies. Yeah, meat bunnies. After the bunnies in the house, I wasn't feeling terribly sorry for them, though to be fair I have known some sweet as hell bunny rabbits.

Drove home.

Watched a bit of "Exorcist Blue." I don't normally watch much in the way of TV or movies, but this is kind of a fun, light anime. It's all right.

Fiancee came over. We went shopping, and then went and had sushi (his treat, so sweet of him) at the sushi bar with the two high level Kyokushin black belt chefs. They laughed at the fiancee and I punching each other at the sushi bar. Heh. That's how we flirt.

Came home, watched a not very good Japanese movie about a schoolgirl who time traveled and met a film maker.

Did a few hours of unmentionable things.

Fiancee went to leave, discovered that the petty motherfucker neighbors up the street resented him so much for daring to park in front of their house (perfectly legal, the street is public property) that they parked in front of instead of IN their driveway, completely blocking him in.

They got to be woken up at 1:30 in the morning. So that worked out well for them. Or at least, I assume that's what happened, since I haven't heard from my fiancee in a while, and hopefully he's driving home.

Comment

I regret everything. This was a terrible idea. Reality can go eat shit and die in a Siberian gulag.

Comment

Did you know bunnies can growl? Well, now I know they can.

Comment

I had a rabbit that was so mean it chased a stray dog out of the yard.
                            That was one mean ass bunny.
                            It would thump and growl and bite at everyone and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                              I can confirm this. Our blood is pretty much 20% ABV at any given time.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post

Someone can't handle their Aquavit I see.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X