What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kimjonghng View Post
    No idea how I did it, but I did it. A squat for 175kg, followed by 8 reps at 150, 170kg deadlift for 2 x 2, then lunges, rows and core work.
    Be sure and post your soreness level tomorrow. Aren't you supposed to be taking care of the back?

We pay more later for hardships to the body today. I'm talking years, not tomorrow's sore muscles.

Props on the will and strength.
    Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Red tape cutting with the cannabis board.

ugly lesion break out started across my back and shoulder so I got high, I mean, medicated as soon as I got home.

More red tape tomorrow and the next day. Good times.

Will try to go to sleep as early as possible today.
      "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

So I have this skin condition over the last couple years called seborrheic dermatitis. It's mostly just an occasional annoyance, but flares up sumpun feerce when I have stress. Work was stressful, today, and I have a moon crater face to prove it. Traveling next week, so I don't expect it to go away before next Wednesday.
        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
          So I have this skin condition over the last couple years called seborrheic dermatitis. It's mostly just an occasional annoyance, but flares up sumpun feerce when I have stress. Work was stressful, today, and I have a moon crater face to prove it. Traveling next week, so I don't expect it to go away before next Wednesday.
          Autoimmune troubles. Sucks. Steroids helped but you gotta watch that shit or you'll wind up the size of an orca.

Edit:or maybe get cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
            Autoimmune troubles. Sucks. Steroids helped but you gotta watch that shit or you'll wind up the size of an orca.

Edit:or maybe get cancer.
            I do have a prescription steroid cream (triamcinolone acetonide) which seems to knock it down every time. I should probably apply some. Also have a healthy supply of ketoconazole, but I really don't use it.
            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Comment

That sounds like a lot of fun. I think the 2x2x3/4 project panels at local big box hardware stores are in that $10 range. Not sure if plywood is good for stickage, though.

Comment

Fucking fire ants are out, again. One just crawled up on my hand. Time to Amdro-nuke the lawn.

Comment

Woke up, minorly sore round my knee by otherwise fine. I ate well before and after training, so had my oats and whey protein blended in water for breakfast, two cups of tea and now its a day for the sketchpad I'm taking to the animation studio tomorrow.

Comment

Fucking fire ants are out, again. One just crawled up on my hand. Time to Amdro-nuke the lawn.
                      Oh I don't miss those bastards.

Comment

The snow is a PITA here, but, I don't miss fleas, cockroaches, Palmetto Bugs, or Fire Ants.

Nope, not one iota...
                        Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by kimjonghng View Post
                          Woke up, minorly sore round my knee by otherwise fine. I ate well before and after training, so had my oats and whey protein blended in water for breakfast, two cups of tea and now its a day for the sketchpad I'm taking to the animation studio tomorrow.
                          My boys are getting into lifting on a regular basis for past few months. Younger one turns 14 at end of this month, older one is 15.5. They get up early (0600) on M,W, Th to go to the high school to lift, supervised by one of the volunteer football coaches. Older boy has his old truck, so drives them there.

A few weeks ago, I got them some whey protein supplement. I had told them if they did not load up on good quality food the lifting was not gonna do a lot for them. Being teens, though, making a after-workout meal was not working out too well. Plus, I was tired of getting up so fucking early and making them breakfast.

Being the loving Father I am, I got them the whey supplement plus some ovaltine, and two 1 quart plastic bottles.

Now they make themselves a big shake and can drink on them after working out, as well as between classes. I had told them they should not be getting hungry or will not make gains.

Both of them have been making good gains, even the younger one who hit puberty later (the basketball player, LOL). I think I have them convinced to not be slugs this summer and keep on lifting and training.

LOL, the whole-fat milk bill is climbing. I'm looking at 1 gallon every other day, minimum. Milk and squats...they tend to stay in town with me during the week so they don't have to get up so early, as their Mom lives 20 miles from town.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Speaking of the Past...

So my wife found my stash of photos and found the one below.

The year is 1986 or 1987, I was 23 or 24 years old, in New Orleans, at the old NOLA Budokan, which was in the attic of a xtian church.

This is me and a then-national level judoka getting with it. I was about 150 lbs, he was probably about 185 (fought in -172 lb, I think, or maybe -189 lb divisions back then).

Good times, was hot as hell and humid as a swamp, no AC up in the attic, would just open a bunch of windows and turn on big fans, LOL.

The photo was for a newspaper story, was originally black and white.

Comment

Coached(actually still coaching as I write this) at the JJIF Israel Open. My daughter got bumped from the under 12 age bracket to the under 16 bracket. She wound up taking fourth in a bracket of 13 girls with one girl 13 and the rest 14 or 15. Not bad for an 11 yr old.
                              Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                                Coached(actually still coaching as I write this) at the JJIF Israel Open. My daughter got bumped from the under 12 age bracket to the under 16 bracket. She wound up taking fourth in a bracket of 13 girls with one girl 13 and the rest 14 or 15. Not bad for an 11 yr old.
                                Excellent ! Post video ? Did she brutally introduce anyone to mother Earth ?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X