No announcement yet.

What did you do today?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What did you do today?

    Ultimate time waster thread.

    What did you do today?

    Today I had Indian food at the local cheap but good buffet. Om nom chicken.

    Went to physical therapy. Painful back manipulation. Massage therapist got too distracted chatting and got in trouble with his boss. Damn it, he is the best one. Probably won't be allowed to work on me for a while, hah.

    Watered my badass karate planter flowers.

    Went to the dojo. Kept my socks on before class because I have an autoimmune disease (genetic) and one of the complications is that my fucking toe skin can go nerotic and slough off in the cold. I had to suddenly get on the mat during the kid's class to be a corner judge during kumite, so I put them on the half-all by the front door.
    During adult class, we worked on grabs and takedowns, then kumite.
    Got punched in gut randomly by my Shihan twice, stepped on by him once.
    After class I threw my shoes on in the locker room, meaning to grab those socks on the way out.
    Forgot the damned socks. Was told I would pay dearly both for forgetting them and to get them back. That = many knuckle push-ups.

    Made this my FB user icon, will likely make it my user icon here, too.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	staypuft2.jpg
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	4336405

    What did you do today?

    Gonna do yesterday since its only 9am here now.

    1. Woke up, got dressed, grabbed my shit, went to work.
    2. On the way to work one of my glasses lenses fell out, so I had to walk the rest of the way blind, was late cos I missed the train.
    3. Worked
    4. Went to Longsword class, missed another train so arrived after warmup.
    5. Did some Fiore Longsword and one German technique - high hands are weird!
    6. Went home, ate dinner, bathed, passed out.


      came to this forum to start discussion about my new training method but i must post 5 times before i can post the video link.



        I'm going to do yesterday as well.

        Got up, ran to station (5 miles)
        Train to work
        Spent morning in meetings
        Went to gym with mates at lunchtime - did cardio session (press-ups crunchies etc) followed by some bag work
        Ate sushi for lunch
        Wrote reports in the afternoon
        Picked up bike (I alternate cycling and running) and cycled home
        Cooked dinner, roast lamb and creamed spinach
        Went to bed

        Pretty much repeated the same today except I'm lifting weights at lunch time and will probably cook Thai green curry for dinner.

        Life in the fast lane......


          Meh, I'll do yesterday too.

          Woke up at 0200 for no good reason. Ate breakfast around 0400 and went to Walmart to kill time before work. Got to work early and immediately had to save the day, lasting all the way thru lunch.

          After work I lifted and ran some errands before I too ate some delicious Spicy Yellowtail rolls for dinner. Chilled with the homie afterwards, then went home to sleep.



            Woke up
            Went to class
            Got some kebab for lunch
            More class
            Picked up a shitton of redbull on the way home
            Decided to take one more day off of training to make sure my knee is fully healed. My left shoulder is already a mess, I don't need to fuck up a knee too.


              Got up at 0550, woke up kids, made breakfast, got them to the bus stop by 0700.

              At work now, doing paperwork and planning schedule for rest of month.

              Wondering what's for lunch already...


                Got up 7:50 took the kiddo to school.
                Went back to bed till noonish.
                Went for a walk w/ the misses.
                Picked the kiddo up from school.
                Hung out and played video games with Kiddo.
                Till about dinner time then we all went to the use to be Sizzler and had the Salad Bar.
                Hung out with the kiddo and the misses till the Kiddo goes to bed.
                Then stay up till 4:00 am playing War in the North with the misses.


                  Day off today.
                  0630 Got up made breakfast of coffee, oatmeal with peanut butter, flax and chia, and some fresh local fruit.
                  0700 Woke up and ate with the gf, chat time etc.
                  0830 Feed chickens, do small garden stuff.
                  0900 Gf heads out to yoga etc., i start a bit of laundry
                  1000 Answer work calls, emails etc.
                  1100 (now) Reading bullshit online and making second breakfast of fresh eggs, a bit of bacon, some brown rice and some veggies.

                  To do.
                  Surf is big today:
                  SURF ZONE FORECAST
                  400 AM HST WED FEB 11 2015

                  400 AM HST WED FEB 11 2015


                  Surf along north facing shores will be 20 to 30 feet today, decreasing to 20 to 24 feet tonight, and 18 to 22 feet Thursday.

                  Surf along west facing shores will be 15 to 20 feet today, decreasing to 12 to 18 feet tonight, and 10 to 15 feet Thursday.
                  I'll pass today even though conditions are potentially epic, nursing a shoulder and elbow injury so no MAs either.

                  It's beautiful out(duh) so i'll do an ocean swim and a quick bike ride instead, ~ 2 and 15 miles respectively, around noonish.

                  Admire the diverse scenery/humanity at the beach for a bit.

                  Late lunch, not sure where or what yet.
                  Maybe here, great food and service, reasonable prices, plus it's been a while:
                  (Seared ahi, yum.)

                  Rebuild/modify chicken coop. We had some stiff winds recently that damaged the existing one.

                  Go grocery shopping at farmers' market and Whole Paycheck.

                  Maybe a quick trail run/hike, time permitting.

                  Clean myself up and make dinner.
                  Tonight is Thai chicken soup.

                  After dinner, maybe a quick walk on the beach with gf, then ice cream and wind down for the evening.


                    Woke up at 5:00 a.m.
                    Got to the gym/dojo at six, prepped the mats and the dojo for class
                    Warm-up, taught grips and grip breaks, then sparring.
                    Left the gym at 7:30, went home, showered for work.
                    Out the door at 8:00 and on to my first meeting at 8:30
                    Finished meeting at 9:30 followed by 40 min drive to big job.
                    Spent most of the day there talking/directing my subs, making calls and writing e-mails.
                    Left at 3:30 and dropped by another job to check on progress.
                    Picked up my kid at 4:30, went home and helped with his homework.
                    Currently, I'm typing this instead of doing paperwork.
                    Work on paperwork
                    Cook dinner/clean kitchen
                    Send kid upstairs to shower at 7:30 after dinner
                    More paperwork
                    Listen to kid read aloud from 8 to 8:30
                    Put him to bed and continue paperwork until 9:30
                    Enjoy my one hour of free time until 10:30
                    Crash hard
                    Shut the hell up and train.


                      What did I do today? NICE TRY, NSA!


                        Spied on permalost at my secret government job.


                          Got up at 6:55am.
                          Quick shower, packed bags, drove for half an hour, put gas in car, got a small biscuit with egg, cheese, and bacon.
                          Drove an hour and a half to Pope Valley, a rare morning visit.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	a02.jpg
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	4329596
                          paid horse board, goodbye money, $10 left, woohoo!
                          Wrestled with horse because he had a bad itch in his ear but would not let me put my finger IN said ear to examine it, instead choosing to try to use me as a scratching post.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	a05.jpg
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	4329597
                          That's his pursed-lipped stubborn as fuck freaked out "HELL NO YOU ARE NOT PUTTING YOUR DAMNED FINGER IN MY EAR" face. He's a gentle horse, except that one time he killed a while tail buck, and that time he beat up a Hanoverian stallion, but you don't wanna start a fight with him. He'll win. He survived horse tripping in charro, two tours of it, and meth addicts trying to starve him to death at their fake rescue to get sympathy money so they could shoot up more.
                          So he gets to deal with an itchy ear. :p Possibly a tick. Poor old man. But I cannot win against 1,100 pounds of obstinate, tall muscle.
                          BTW, ever seen a horse eye?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	0a5.jpg
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	4329598
                          He has moon blindness. It's an autoimmune disease that messes with his pupils among other nasty things. He may eventually go blind, but for now his eyes just itch and run and he has to wear a fly mask because he is photosensitive, though it has to be taken off in the evening, and for checking on his face and stuff.
                          No, my horse is not wearing a blindfold. This is not 50 Shades of Gelding and his safeword is two rear hooves to the face.

                          Saw crane style kung fu in action
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	a14.jpg
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	4329599

                          Saw a redwinged dudebrow catcalling.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	a16.jpg
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	4329600

                          "Hey baby bring them yoga pants over here and smile. BITCH WHY WON'T YOU SMILE FOR ME?"

                          Saw some bebehcaus

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	a11.jpg
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	4329601

                          And some idyllic scenery that tricks people into moving to Pope Valley, not realizing that summer turns into a roasting often on fire hell-oven populated by billions of flies.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	a15.jpg
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	4329602
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	a01.jpg
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	4329603

                          It's quite lovely until everything grows spines that embed themselves in your skin, ticks drop down from the trees into your hair, and you burn to death in a roaring inferno.

                          After making the drive back down south, I picked up my fiancee and a mutual friend, and headed over to attend a formal Japanese Tea Ceremony. This is an art, where every single movement and placement and word is exact, filled with protocol, and should be done just so. It sounds like a pain in the ass but it is actually incredibly soothing and a great exercise in mindful meditation. It's a nice contrast to the kumite the evening before, though, as I said in seiza, drinking amazingly lovely matcha and chewing on a mochi, I could swear to you that I could still feel my Shihan's foot stomping on my ass.
                          Anyway, lovely tea ceremony. I am learning how to be a guest, currently, which will take a number of years, though I may also start learning how to be a host. The tea master has taken an interest in teaching me. He suggested I be first guest, which is an honor and put me at the top of the hierarchy of attendees, and he also slipped a beginner's manual in my hands as I left.
                          Am considering adding "tea" to my list of styles.

                          Also, the tea master is in excellent shape, being a black belt in two styles of martial art, but he has two chins:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	chins.jpg
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	4329604

                          Mochi and Shogun.

                          I then went to have a bit of sushi, though I'm really poor and I had to pay in quarters, dimes, and nickles. Unagi hand roll and tamago nigiri.

                          Came home, watched "To Be Takei," which was a documentary on George Takei.

                          Also went hiking.

                          Contemplating lifting, but my knees are screaming at me, my back is screaming at me, my shoulder is screaming at me, my autoimmune disease is flaring up (my horse and I are autoimmune buddies I guess) and I have physical therapy and class tomorrow, so maybe sleep is a better idea.

                          This post was totes an excuse to show off a bit of photography. I love takin' photos.


                            Woke up
                            Went shooting
                            Work graveyard shift

                            Such is life


                              Got up early(11:00 am) so that I could go down and take the 1st Linux Plus exam.
                              Passed it, but by a thinner margin than I would have liked but passed it none the less.
                              The rest of the day will no doubt be me dicking around until I go on call for work at 6:00 pm they have a new auto dispatching system that has been an interesting experiment. Unfortunately for me that means less time being paid while chilling at home but hey it is what it is.



                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.