• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutee Chand: A Woman Banned From Women’s Sports

Now to open a can of worms,

http://onlyagame.wbur.org/2014/10/11...m_content=2035

Huh? If that isn't some shit huh?
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Good thing they don't have this rule for men, or else Don Frye would've never had a career.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

What the fuck?? Sorry, but you're naturally better than other athletes we can't have that. Bullshit like this is why the future of sports is doomed.

Comment

No love for chicks with dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
          What the fuck?? Sorry, but you're naturally better than other athletes we can't have that. Bullshit like this is why the future of sports is doomed.
          I think it's more a matter of "your physiology can mask doping" than "you're naturally better."
          "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
          DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
          Originally posted by Devil
          Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
          Originally posted by Plasma
          At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
          Originally posted by SoulMechanic
          Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
            I think it's more a matter of "your physiology can mask doping" than "you're naturally better."
            Sounds like my naturally huge pupils.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
              Sounds like my naturally huge pupils.
              Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

I think that's kind of hairsplitting when the drugs that would mask only confer the advantage she has naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
                  I think that's kind of hairsplitting when the drugs that would mask only confer the advantage she has naturally.
                  Well, yes. But the rule is pretty obviously intended to weed out dopers, not medical outliers.

What else are you going to do, quarantine each competitor under strict supervision, and test after a period of time to determine each individual's baseline testosterone level?

DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                  Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                  At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.

Comment

A cut off is too low if people can have that level naturally, seems like a more reasonable conclusion.

Comment

Either way, banning her from competition is wrong.

Comment

What else are you going to do, quarantine each competitor under strict supervision, and test after a period of time to determine each individual's baseline testosterone level?
                        So, you test her specifically to see if she is cheating or not. You give her a baseline test for her specific condition. They give medical exceptions for asthma sufferers who use steroid based medicine. If it is too high, they get stripped of their medal.

Comment

I'm not intimately familiar with testing procedures. If they are sophisticated enough to produce accurate results, then certainly governing bodies could make this policy for people of either sex with naturally high testosterone levels.

Comment

I'm not intimately familiar with testing procedures. If they are sophisticated enough to produce accurate results, then certainly governing bodies could make this policy for people of either sex with naturally high testosterone levels.
                            That sets a bad precedent though. It stops being about not cheating and starts being about making everything exactly equal like in that Kurt Vonnegut short story.

Comment

I say fuck it let it stop being about genetics all together and just start allowing PEDs.
                              Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                              –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X