X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see a 4 min mile in my future

http://www.iflscience.com/technology...4-minute-miles

link has a video in it.

BTW this is the only way I would ever come close to being able to run a 4 min mile cause I fucking hate running.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    http://www.iflscience.com/technology...4-minute-miles

link has a video in it.

BTW this is the only way I would ever come close to being able to run a 4 min mile cause I fucking hate running.
    Even if you loved running, seriously doubt you could get anywhere close...4 minute mile is a pretty solid sprint for 1 mile. 4 60 second 440s...Back when I was running a lot and doing intervals, if I could have done 1 60 second 440 I'd have been elated, LOL.

3-2-1 NeilG will now find something wrong with my statement...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
      Even if you loved running, seriously doubt you could get anywhere close....
      Yeah I think high 5s low 6s was about the best I have ever gotten to.

That was doing 10 mins of wind sprints 2 times a day every other day.

I really should get back to doing that.
      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.

Comment

I've covered a mile in well under four minutes. The first part was faster than the later bit, but that's why you have the parachute in the first place.
        "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
        DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
        Originally posted by Devil
        Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
        Originally posted by Plasma
        At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
        Originally posted by SoulMechanic
        Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

I am honestly surprised that none of you are excited by the idea of strapping a jet pack to your back and going for a run.

I mean its a freaking JET PACK after all

Comment

Yeah I think high 5s low 6s was about the best I have ever gotten to.

That was doing 10 mins of wind sprints 2 times a day every other day.

I really should get back to doing that.
            That sounds about like me...I got to a 6:06 mile at one point, and thought I was doing well...then I tried to run with a guy who was actually a real runner...We were going along at a fair clip (probably 7:00 pace). Then he said "I'm done warming up, let's go", and I had to sprint to keep up with him, literally. My 30" inseams were churning as fast as they could, LOL !

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

I am honestly surprised that none of you are excited by the idea of strapping a jet pack to your back and going for a run.

I mean its a freaking JET PACK after all
              Sounds dangerous, I'll stick with Judo and BJJ for now.

Comment

Sounds dangerous, I'll stick with Judo and BJJ for now.
                That why you wear a helmet duh!

Comment

Comment

Powered exoskeleton or GTFO.

DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.

Comment

Interesting...reminds me of overspeed training type stuff.

Comment

Interesting...reminds me of overspeed training type stuff.
                        I am not entirely sure that running with the Jet Pack will make you any faster when you take the jet pack off. Other then the fact your might be doing more running then you would otherwise.

Comment

I am not entirely sure that running with the Jet Pack will make you any faster when you take the jet pack off. Other then the fact your might be doing more running then you would otherwise.
                          Overspeed training works...in any case, I have to wonder how much extra thrust can be handled before lack of coordination takes over.

That and Rule 34...

Comment

Overspeed training works...in any case, I have to wonder how much extra thrust can be handled before lack of coordination takes over.

That and Rule 34...
                            Oh yeah overspeed training works rather well,
                            I am also a bit curious of how good of a runner you have to be in order to take advantage of the jet pack.

Still though think of how much it will be when we put all of these technologies together

Comment

I pay my taxes, and I want supersoldiers, goddammit.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X