Finally Godzilla not a Beast from 20,000 Fathoms remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Godzilla not a Beast from 20,000 Fathoms remake

Yes, it is Legendary pictures. Yes, I know the story might be mediocre to terrible, but damn their movies are pretty and that's all I want. Big time Godzilla CGI with our skills and know how. I am finally getting my wish.

No, the remake of Beast from 20,000 Fathoms named "Godzilla" doesn't count.

Know quite a few people who worked on that, looking forward to it.

Comment

Damn it, I'd have flown out there to be an extra. I hope it does well enough they make sequel, I'll find a way to be in it.

Comment

Scrolling through the comments to see how many ten-year-olds just think this is just a ripoff of Pacific Rim and/or Cloverfield.
        Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

As long as it looks like Godzilla and not a damn Velociraptor.

Comment

Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Saw the trailer in my Facebook feed. Damn, this looks awesome. I'm hoping it spawns an entire series of sequels.

Comment

Honestly, I was hoping for an extended version of this one.

Comment

Originally posted by lionknight View Post
                  As long as it looks like Godzilla and not a damn Velociraptor.
                  Sadly, I'm still researching to see how much of a difference there is in details.
                  I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Comment

I recall hearing, in the dim days of my youth, that Ray Bradbury's lonely-plesiosaur-wrecks-a-lighthouse tale, entitled The Foghorn, was the inspiration for Beast From 20,000 fathoms and then the first Godzilla.

Comment

Originally posted by Vieux Normand View Post
                      I recall hearing, in the dim days of my youth, that Ray Bradbury's lonely-plesiosaur-wrecks-a-lighthouse tale, entitled The Foghorn, was the inspiration for Beast From 20,000 fathoms and then the first Godzilla.
                      That's true for The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms but I'm not sure how much influence it had on the first Godzilla. Beast may have influenced Godzilla more than The Foghorn but I couldn't swear to that.

Comment

Indeed, upon reflection, I recall reading that Foghorn was the inspiration for Beast, which in turn was the inspiration for Gojira. Apparently, the initial idea for the Japanese monster was something more aquatic--perhaps a giant cephalopod--before its makers checked out Beast and decided on a reptile.

Bradbury had weird ideas about the size of prehistoric reptiles: a plesiosaur that could flatten a lighthouse and, in another dino-tale entitled A Sound Of Thunder, a reference to a carnosaur that "towered thirty feet taller than some of the trees".

Comment

Damn, and I just sold a copy of the 1970's Marvel Comics Godzilla #1 for $35. If I knew there was a remake coming out I would have held onto it for a couple of months to see if the price increased a bit.
                          On that note, there is another #1 which was released by Dark Horse in the 80's with B&W art; it still guides at a low price but I would grab it if you see it. Its harder to find and there is also an Alan Moore pin-up in the issue - which makes it a little more sought after. I put a copy of that one in the store as well and it got snapped up in less than two days even though I priced it well above guide.
                          " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Comment

Haven't been to the movies in months time to get ready cracks fingers and neck.
                            Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Comment

Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                              –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X