Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Moment
    replied
    They should rename the show Agents of STREET.

Leave a comment:

• The Cap
    replied
    Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I'm going to go back in time to 1995 and tell someone that in 20 years, Agent Cooper is going to get into an action-movie style fight on ABC with the guy who played Kevin Rooney in the HBO Mike Tyson biopic. And that Kevin Rooney will try to use that move Royce Gracie used to choke out Dan Severn with (Or that Mel Gibson used to choke out Gary Busey with, if they don't understand) but will get power-bombed by Coop and almost punched to death.
    Agents of SHIELD S2E10, ~29:20

Yeah, I just scanned through an entire episode of a show I don't watch to find a triangle choke powerbomb.

Leave a comment:

• Holy Moment
    replied
    I'm going to go back in time to 1995 and tell someone that in 20 years, Agent Cooper is going to get into an action-movie style fight on ABC with the guy who played Kevin Rooney in the HBO Mike Tyson biopic. And that Kevin Rooney will try to use that move Royce Gracie used to choke out Dan Severn with (Or that Mel Gibson used to choke out Gary Busey with, if they don't understand) but will get power-bombed by Coop and almost punched to death.

Leave a comment:

• Holy Moment
    replied
    Spoiler:
    Howard the Duck teaser at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy.

I hope we at least get a One-Shot out of this. I want to see Howard imitate Willem Dafoe from Wild at Heart, except he makes his victim say "Duck me."

I want to fuck Laura Dern.

Leave a comment:

• Holy Moment
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Holy Moment
    replied
    Daredevil series coming out on Netflix next year.

Vincent D'Onofrio is going to play the Kingpin. I privately always wanted to see Emmanuel Yarbrough in the role in the same vein as Michael Clark Duncan, although he was never in line to get the part to my knowledge. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to settle for this jerk:

How did you guys like the 2003 version? I thought MKD and Colin Farrell balanced the film's flaws out to make it at least tolerably mediocre.

Leave a comment:

• ermghoti
    replied
    Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I hope Patton Oswalt gets to be M.O.D.O.K.
    They would certainly save a ton on visual effects.

Leave a comment:

• Keslet
    replied
    Originally posted by NeilG View Post
    Just saw it. I have to ignore all the pseudo-tech stuff but it was fun. Johansson stole the movie for me. She came off kind of flat in previous shows but they really let the character breathe here.
    Watching Scarlett Johansson breathe works for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NeilG
    replied
    Just saw it. I have to ignore all the pseudo-tech stuff but it was fun. Johansson stole the movie for me. She came off kind of flat in previous shows but they really let the character breathe here.

Leave a comment:

• Holy Moment
    replied
    I hope Patton Oswalt gets to be M.O.D.O.K.

Leave a comment:

• Keslet
    replied
    Like Fake said, a guy from the Shield tv show is now Deathlok...I remember the actor from one of the Buffy spin-offs (Angel maybe?). He's a veteran whose been given some attempt at a new Super-Soldier Serum, then he gets blown up and the bad guys start rebuilding him with cybernetics. I don't recall the comic book bio for him, but that's how it's playing out for the movie universe. He was briefly a Shield agent, but still in training when he got co-opted as Deathlok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Holy Moment
    replied
    Is the Agents of Shield TV show considered canon for the movie universe? They have one scene last season where a 'chemically enhanced' character (who is now becoming Deathlok) is shown training by pushing this gigantic piece of construction equipment down a field like its a football sled, then he asks the trainer if he beat Captain America's record (told "not even close")...was the Golden/Bronze age Cap that strong? Definitely superhuman...that thing weighed tons, and if I remember correctly it wasn't rolling down the field, he was using brute force...
    It's canon, but the writers can be lazy sometimes. They probably just decided that scene was a good opportunity to name drop Cap.

http://abc.go.com/shows/marvels-agen...VDKA0_dztckbnb

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    Yep, like that they gave his back story now instead of in the next movie. Cool and sneaky. Yep, learned long ago to only get mad when they royally screw something up, like Venom in Spiderman 3.

Oh and they introduced Dethlok in the TV show.

if he beat Captain America's record (told "not even close")...was the Golden/Bronze age Cap that strong? Definitely superhuman...that thing weighed tons, and if I remember correctly it wasn't rolling down the field, he was using brute force...
    Cap was able to knock the Hulk Down, sling humans around and do many of the things you see in the new movie. They used to have "street level" characters in the 90s. So, he became enhanced, but not super strong. He was relegated to Daredevil, Black Panther, Shang Chi and Iron Fist level characters. Then the Ultimates took him back to original levels and it bled back into the regular universe.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/18/2014 1:55pm, .

Leave a comment:

• OZZ
    replied
    Ohhh..I just checked IMDB.
    So that's their plan..

Leave a comment:

• OZZ
    replied
    Let it go. I promise it will be more fun.
    Exactly. This is the attitude I started taking towards Marvel movies quite some time ago. If you don't, you will be consistently disappointed.
    I think the reason I would rank this latest installment much higher than the previous one's is the fact that it at least attempts to take on a less adolescent tone.The subject matter is just a tad darker, themes of betrayal, the grey area between good and evil, freedom and its costs etc. are all touched upon.
    At the very least it offers a bit of a commentary on some contemporary issues that are haunting the American public.
    At the end of the day, the Winter Soldier movie may not capture the level of seriousness that the Brubaker scripts offer, but its not bad.
    I thought it was neat that they inserted Batroc the Leaper into the storyline, and GSP was a good choice.
    The Falcon character was updated and handled nicely as well. They even found room for a hint of his original occupation in the script. Fans of the Bronze Age will recall that Sam Wilson was introduced as a Harlem social worker in the early storylines.

I am wondering what the plans are for that SHIELD operative who betrays Cap and dukes it out with the Falcon. Did anyone catch his characters' name ? Are they planning on bringing him back as Deathlok or perhaps The Constrictor ?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X