No announcement yet.

Captain America The Winter Soldier -- Official Marvel Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured there'd be a Lobo movie by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
      I figured there'd be a Lobo movie by now.
      All the KISS members are too fraggin' old.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
        With all of these reboots and marvel comics going big screen when are we going to see a new Howard the Duck?
        About the same time Jeffrey Jones gets off the sex offender registry.
        '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

With all of these reboots and marvel comics going big screen when are we going to see a new Howard the Duck?
          The same time Jeffrey Jones gets off the CA offender registry.
          '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Could be good if they actually follow the source material.
            Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

I think the original movie poisoned that well beyond redemption...

Comment

Originally posted by Vieux Normand View Post
                ^ Hey look, it's sociozz!

Your...um...'town' produced any more jihadists?

None that have been convicted or killed yet, anyways..

But there was another beating death at our overcrowded county jail:http://www.lfpress.com/2013/11/01/po...ntre-in-london
                " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Comment

Originally posted by OZZ View Post
                  None that have been convicted or killed yet, anyways..

But there was another beating death at our overcrowded county jail:http://www.lfpress.com/2013/11/01/po...ntre-in-london
                  Overcrowded? I hear the western Sahara has room...

Comment

Adi Shankar, the executive producer for Dredd and The Grey, likes to make Marvel movies in his spare time. Check this shit out:

Comment

Blackman America out in theaters Yesterday.

Any decent-looking movies coming out in the next few months that aren't sequels and reboots and shit? I'm still not sure when they're going to release Foxcatcher.

Comment

Comment

Well I saw this last night, and I enjoyed it. Best Marvel movie since the Avengers imo. Also, since we last saw him, Cap seems to have discovered the joys of Judo. Lots and lots of Judo.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                            Well I saw this last night, and I enjoyed it. Best Marvel movie since the Avengers imo. Also, since we last saw him, Cap seems to have discovered the joys of Judo. Lots and lots of Judo.
                            From the Marvel Wiki page describing Captain America:

Master Martial Artist: Rogers is an expert in hand-to-hand combat being very skilled in multiple martial arts through his training in military combatives and instruction under various private instructors. He mainly utilizes American Boxing, Judo, Aikido, Jujutsu. However, he has utilized other martial arts including hand techniques in Ninjutsu, Karate, Muay Thai, Escrima, Chin Na, Wing Chun, Northern Shaolin kicking methods and Wushu with his gymnastics ability creating a style that suits his strengths and enables him to use his knowledge to the best of his ability. Rogers has displayed all types of martial arts techniques from physical combat to chi manipulation. He is considered one of the finest martial artists on Earth.
                            So that's the official rundown of skills.

Comment

Those are his skills in the comics. Movie universe is a bit different. I just thought that compared to The First Avenger and The Avengers, Cap had a lot of new moves in this movie, many of which were Judo throws.

Comment

Originally posted by Styygens View Post

So that's the official rundown of skills.
                                No, that's the official JMA and CMA nerd version.
                                http://marvel.com/universe/Captain_A...teve_Rogers%29
                                Captain America had mastered the martial arts of American-style boxing and judo, and had combined these disciplines with his own unique hand-to-hand style of combat. He had also shown skill and knowledge of a number of other martial arts. He engaged in a daily regimen of rigorous exercise (including aerobics, weight lifting, gymnastics, and simulated combat) to keep himself in peak condition. Captain America was one of the finest human combatants Earth had ever known.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Captain_A...#ixzz2yodnQxl9
                                Don't EVER sully his name with Aikido and Wing Chun again.

Ghost55 is wrong, marvel uses the same power bases as the comics minus a few tweaks here or there.

For example, in an interview, they said they toned down Hulks mile long leaps.
                                Last edited by It is Fake; 4/13/2014 6:39pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X