Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the anniversary goes wrong.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    When the anniversary goes wrong.

    So my girl and I just celebrated our anniversary....as an anniversary surprise, I got her passes to a local obstacle course that just opened just south of Boston. We are both in pretty good shape, I figured that we'd do a couple of runs, then go into the Boston for some fancy city food, then head home.

    Unfortunately, fun, upscale comfort food, and lovin was not the end result.



    The first time going through the course, she leapt from a platform onto a gigantic foam and rubber ball, then slid down the side and through a goddam trapdoor where the ball was anchored to the floor underneath. She sprained her right ankle, and had a spiral fracture of both her tibia and fibia in the left. 3 days and a plate and 2 screws later, we are home and I am the worst boyfriend in the world.

    Next year I plan to skip all the travel and just set a bear trap in the middle of the bedroom.

    #2
    Oh dang, that sounds like a rough time on an important day. Don't beat yourself up about it though. It's not like a man would ever purposely plan to screw up an anniversary with someone he genuinely cares about.

    Several years ago I went through a period where I would sustain an injury that was bad enough to merit a hospital visit on our anniversary or my wife's birthday.

    This is a brief description of the worst experience. On our anniversary, a beam fell on my arm during framing punch out on a house my crew built. One of the guys set the beam, but forgot to nail it off. I thought it was broken (it wasn't). Later, on her birthday, I cut the end of my thumb off trying to do a hasty remodel on our bathroom. We agreed that I would take the day off on both occasions the following year.

    Good times.
    Last edited by jnp; 12/01/2012 2:29pm, . Reason: Forgot a modifier.
    Shut the hell up and train.

    Comment


      #3
      My wife forgot and argued the date when we got married. She was wrong. I have a lifetime pass for forgetting anything.

      Before someone says something silly, it was our FIRST Anniversary. Yes, LIFETIME pass.
      Last edited by It is Fake; 12/01/2012 1:38pm, .

      Comment


        #4
        I felt pretty awful...especially as when we arrived at the place, there were a number of things I found suspicious(no signage, pictures didn't match what was on the website, staff was lackadaisical). My other option was a sushi making class at a brazilian barbecue/hibachi/sushi bar. Obviously somewhat less exciting, but less likelihood of being maimed.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by soldiermedic25 View Post
          My other option was a sushi making class at a brazilian barbecue/hibachi/sushi bar. Obviously somewhat less exciting, but less likelihood of being maimed.
          Clearly you didn't read what jnp said about his thumb.
          Originally posted by Mr. Machette
          Lift a lot of weights and sexually assault anyone who tries step to you. Flip the script. Watch that fight turn to flight when you go for penetration.
          Originally posted by Raycetpfl
          Just for future reference dude..... when you are doing it right you don't soil your under-roos when you nail chicks.

          Comment


            #6
            Jewelry, man. Jewelry.

            This message is endorsed by Mrs. Devil.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Devil View Post
              Jewelry, man. Jewelry.
              I can only assume you are talking about the rings that will collide with her face as you backhand her for sassing you about your failed attempt at romance.

              This message is endorsed by Mrs. Devil.
              How did you luck up and and get the kinky one?
              Originally posted by Mr. Machette
              Lift a lot of weights and sexually assault anyone who tries step to you. Flip the script. Watch that fight turn to flight when you go for penetration.
              Originally posted by Raycetpfl
              Just for future reference dude..... when you are doing it right you don't soil your under-roos when you nail chicks.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by itwasntme View Post
                I can only assume you are talking about the rings that will collide with her face as you backhand her for sassing you about your failed attempt at romance.


                I don't actually have to use the well manicured, moisturized, and bejeweled pimp hand anymore. The mere threat of it is enough.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                  My wife forgot and argued the date when we got married. She was wrong. I have a lifetime pass for forgetting anything.

                  Before someone says something silly, it was our FIRST Anniversary. Yes, LIFETIME pass.
                  Both me and my wife completely forgot our First Anniversary. I brought it up a few months later like um I think we missed something.
                  Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                  –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by soldiermedic25 View Post
                    The first time going through the course, she leapt from a platform onto a gigantic foam and rubber ball, then slid down the side and through a goddam trapdoor where the ball was anchored to the floor underneath. .


                    Video could have been hilarious. Hope she has a speedy recovery!
                    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

                    https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

                    Comment


                      #11
                      About a month ago, my gf slipped in a river in Puerto Vallarta and hit her face on a granite boulder. We were doing a jungle tour and were at the set for the movie Predator. There was some bruising and bleeding but she was a good sport, and smiled when I said that even Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jesse Ventura weren't badass enough to use real blood there.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        You know, there's a lot to be said for muff diving for 40 minutes while she watches Sex in the City. Not exactly lifetime pass, but it comes damn close.
                        =================
                        Kama Sutra blue belt.

                        Originally posted by Emevas
                        I used to fuck guys like you in prison.
                        Originally posted by Rock Ape
                        Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

                        Dipshit

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
                          You know, there's a lot to be said for muff diving for 40 minutes while she watches Sex in the City. Not exactly lifetime pass, but it comes damn close.
                          Thanks. You've changed my life, Dr. Phil.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Devil View Post
                            Thanks. You've changed my life, Dr. Phil.
                            You'll thank me when you want a 3 way and get a green flag, comrade.
                            =================
                            Kama Sutra blue belt.

                            Originally posted by Emevas
                            I used to fuck guys like you in prison.
                            Originally posted by Rock Ape
                            Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

                            Dipshit

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by doofaloofa
                              That something is "ugh hnuf fnagh namfumnf"
                              Cthulu f'tahgn to you too, brother.
                              Praise the tentacle.
                              =================
                              Kama Sutra blue belt.

                              Originally posted by Emevas
                              I used to fuck guys like you in prison.
                              Originally posted by Rock Ape
                              Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

                              Dipshit

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X