12-21-2012, Total BS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12-21-2012, Total BS?

Well, it seems there's been a misunderstanding.

According to the media hype many people are convinced that the Mayan calender will end along with the world as we know it on Dec 21st this year. However there is one very noteable exception to this group, the Mayans themselves...

http://news.discovery.com/human/maya...it-121026.html

Yup. The Mayans say it's a bunch of hooey and they are pissed that the Guatemalan government has more or less forced them to host millions of touristas comming to shite up their niegborhood for this epic "END OF THE WOOOORLD" bachanalia. In fact they aren't just irritated, they're downright litigious!

What's the opinion of the culture actually responsible for this calendar regarding Dec 21st?

In a statement released by Oxlaljuj Ajpop, the end of the cycle;
    "means there will be big changes on the personal, family and community level, so that there is harmony and balance between mankind and nature."
    There it is straight from the horses mouth. The world isn't ending (just like it didn't end 5200 years ago the last time their calendar rolled over) It's just the end of an era. According to them, far from an apocalypse, there is supposed to be a renaissance where we treat each other better and become more competent stewards of the garden we live in.

That sounds kind of nice IMHO.

How far off is this hype you might ask? Check this out.

The "Mayan Calendar" that gets trotted out every time one of these moonbat "authorities" starts barking?

That isn't even Mayan. It's Aztec. Totally different civilisation.

This is the Mayan calendar:

Those "experts" on the History channel couldn't even get that part right.

So this December 21st, you can leave your spiked football pads and tire-rubber armor in storage and just hug a loved one instead. According to the people responsible for this calendar, things aren't going to come to a crashing halt, they are just going to get better.

Sorry Mr. Wez. I know you were really excited about that new boa.

Franckly Mr M I am dissapointed that you are not taking the End of the World seriously

Have'nt you seen Walking Dead or something?

Comment

Originally posted by doofaloofa View Post
      Franckly Mr M I am dissapointed that you are not taking the End of the World seriously

Have'nt you seen Walking Dead or something?
      Yes. Fantastic documentary! I refuse to visit the south because of that show. The zombies I could tollerate but it just looks humid as hell down there.

You wanna see who else is dissapointed? Check out the expressions on these folks who will have to put up with the massive idiot invasion of their cultural heritage sites:
      Last edited by Mr. Machette; 11/17/2012 3:21pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
        You wanna see who else is dissapointed? Check out the expressions on these folks who will have to put up with the massive idiot invasion of their cultural heritage sites:
        I feel thier pain.

Most of Irelands GNP is generated off the back of Americans tracing thier roots...the horror

Comment

I feel thier pain.

Most of Irelands GNP is generated off the back of Americans tracing thier roots...the horror
          lol I've heard of this. As a 50% Irish mutt I'd love to see where my family came from (and to hit up the Connemara distillery of course...) but your hatred for obnoxious yank tourists is legendary.

Could y'all tollerate someone who just want's to see the old country but has no illusions of "being Irish, like you people!"?

Comment

It's funny, after the archaeology that uncovered the so-called "Mayan Apocalypse" was finished, researchers found more artifacts that clarified the purpose and meaning of the cycles and that what they really show is how developed Mayan astronomy was... but no one cares about any of that. It's the end of the world as we know it because it's "soon".

Find some ancient artifacts, construct a crazy hypothesis....and stop at "End of the World".

Right.
            '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

It's the end of the world as we know it.

And I feel fine.

Seriously, did anyone really believe there would be some cataclysmic disaster or did they, like I did and apparently what was intended, assume it was some shift of mindset, possibly brought on by the global consciousness' realization that we're fucking the world in which we are but caretakers?
              GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
              Originally posted by Devil
              I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
              Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
              I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Just makes me wish I was still whole selling Knives, Law Enforcement, and Camping gear. Man Y2K was profitable.
                Oh so yeah stupid people, who are worried about a calendar cycle ending are quite awesome.
                Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
                  Seriously, did anyone really believe there would be some cataclysmic disaster
                  Millions believed Harold Camping, who used weird, arbitrary Biblical numerology to predict the world would end May 21st then October 21st last year.

Remember this?

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-03-09/u...-date?_s=PM:US
                  '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

Comment

What say you on the cosmic alignment theory

The Earth will be alligned with the center of the galaxy and doomrays will decend from space.....

Comment

The Earth will be alligned with the center of the galaxy and doomrays will decend from space.....
                      It's bullshit, except for maybe the Mayan's grasp of astronomy was so advanced they were able to see long-term astronomical patterns with the sun's solstices.

The other issue is people's complete misunderstanding of what happens in space.

Galactic alignments don't occur...the galaxy is not clockwork, it's quite a mess and things are constantly smashing into each other and changing trajectories...it is not like Ogra's machine.

Yeah.
                      Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/18/2012 1:15pm, .

Comment

So i can take off the tin foil brain protector?

Comment

The Great Conjunction is coming. It was foretold by Gelfling sages.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                            Millions believed Harold Camping, who used weird, arbitrary Biblical numerology to predict the world would end May 21st then October 21st last year.

Remember this?

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-03-09/u...-date?_s=PM:US
                            Yeah... not sure thery count as people. Some sort of human-skinned sock puppet, perhaps? I'm not really sure. I definitely did do all my firearms purchases in such a way that all my toys will be here before December 21st, 'cause while I don't believe that cosmic space rays or that Aztec, Mayan or even Thetan calender rollovers are going bring about the end of the world I figure enough stupid people who THINK that space rays and calenders could end the world, might.

On a side note, how fucked up is a culture when foreigners can show up, steal all the gold, rape all the women and colonize all over the place and the vast majority of people see it as an improvement? Frigging Aztecs.

Comment

Aliment in 3d unbounded space is pretty freaking arbitrary. Also things in general being aligned over vast distances has no special effect. Now close up as in touching as in a mechanical device you certainly want things aligned properly IE your tires of your car or a camshaft. However do you care how your Tires are aligned with regards to the pyramids?
                              Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                              –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X