It was just one night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was just one night

Within hours of winning the election, Obama bombed Yemen. The drone war violates both national and international law, has absolutely no public oversight, and continues the long tradition of colonial war that threatens global security and the safety and dignity of people around the world.

Tuesday was a huge victory. Racists, sexists, homophobes, and drug warriors all got their asses handed to them. But elections are signifiers, not the signified. It was just one night. The ice caps melt, wealth continues to concentrate, and the war machine marches on. Lets not forget that the real fight, the fight over the knowledge and culture and attitudes that actually determine what politicians and governments do, continues every day.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

"Three terrorists, including local al-Qaida commander Adnan al- Qathi who is wanted for bombing the U.S. embassy in Sanaa in late 2008, were confirmed killed Wednesday night in a Yemeni-U.S. joint airstrike operation which targeted the militants' vehicle near Sayyan village outside the capital Sanaa,"
    This is a problem?
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

This has nothing to do with the election he would have bombed Yemen had he lost as well, he would still be our president today no matter who had one. The office doesn't change on Nov 7th.

Oh wait you want to talk about drones? Do we really care it was a drone instead of a B-2? Hey at least with the drone it doesn't cost us as much to bomb Yemen.

Oh wait your complaining about civilization as usual, its cool I get it.

So what do you want me to do about it?
      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
      –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

I'm pretty sure they had this OP planned for months now.

It's not like he sat down and was like, "Aight, as a celebration, someone pass me my Sixaxis, I wanna bomb yemen."

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
          I'm pretty sure they had this OP planned for months now.

It's not like he sat down and was like, "Aight, as a celebration, someone pass me my Sixaxis, I wanna bomb yemen."
          No but that would be a pretty fuckin awesome way to celebrate.
          Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
          –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

This thread is now about one night stands and their many consequences. Go.
            go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
              This thread is now about one night stands and their many consequences. Go.
              No. Fuck you.

Seriously. This bullshit one-upsmanship is fucking retarded.

Comment

No. Fuck you.

Please tell me your stories.
                go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Originally posted by patfromlogan View Post
                  Tuesday was a huge victory. Racists, sexists, homophobes, and drug warriors all got their asses handed to them.
                  A bit harsh don't you think? If someone isn't a democrat or an Obama supporter he is that?

Comment

Looks like it. Mostly

:ExcitedTroll:

Seriously, I don't thik so, but it was more than awesome wathc the rage of those, who are. If for nothing else, this is why I'm glad Obama won :-)

Comment

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/09/2012 9:37am, .
                      '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

You are completely correct..

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118619

L-O-L

Comment

Re: It was just one night

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                          So when you call me a hypocrite, are just saying "welcome to the crew"?
                          Originally posted by Mr. Machette
                          Lift a lot of weights and sexually assault anyone who tries step to you. Flip the script. Watch that fight turn to flight when you go for penetration.
                          Originally posted by Raycetpfl
                          Just for future reference dude..... when you are doing it right you don't soil your under-roos when you nail chicks.

Comment

It was just one night

Pat,
                            Please provide evidence of breaking international law. An attack must have reasonable precautions against civilian casualties. Was this attack different than any other air attack committed by any other nation in the world? What national law was broken? Please be specific.

I think citing legal reasons without solid evidence cheapens the idea of international law. Also, the legal does not speak to right or wrong and what we want out leaders o be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by itwasntme View Post
                              So when you call me a hypocrite, are just saying "welcome to the crew"?
                              If you want to hitch your boat to the troll/dramawhore crew go ahead.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X