Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Night at My House

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Let me guess, the Coffecake scene hit home did it?
    I don't remember the scene you're talking about since that piece of shit movie is entirely forgettable, except for the high suck value.

    Comment


      #17
      "Put a screen in front of your face while I throw shit at it."

      Comment


        #18
        I liked A Bronx Tale.

        Red Dawn? FFS, that would go down like a lead balloon in the UK.

        Commando. Well I saw it eventually and it was ok.

        First Blood. That was good, well, Sly's field action was good. The politics was bollocks.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
          I liked A Bronx Tale.

          Red Dawn? FFS, that would go down like a lead balloon in the UK.

          Commando. Well I saw it eventually and it was ok.

          First Blood. That was good, well, Sly's field action was good. The politics was bollocks.
          If Red Dawn had been made about Brits it would have ended with the Americans saving them. Don't hate on my Wolverines.

          Commando was epic. Arnold was fucking badass. "What happended to Sully?" "I let him go." bwahahahhaa

          Only a faggot thinks about First Blood and politics come to mind. When I think of First Blood I think of blood, goddammit!

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by devil View Post
            Commando was epic. Arnold was fucking badass.
            But could he beat...the Suburban Commando?

            Comment


              #21
              The Revenant. A different take on the zombie/ undead genre. Thoroughly enjoyable and hilariously so.
              GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
              Originally posted by Devil
              I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
              Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
              I <3 Battlefields...

              Comment


                #22
                On the must watch at least twice a year list, Kung Pow ,Big Trouble in Little China and Strange Brew. Sometimes all in a row. There is usually alot of booze involved though.

                Comment


                  #23
                  I think this is a classic, and you can watch the whole thing on youtube:

                  Basically, it's a claymation movie where Mark Twain is the captain of a flying steamboat on a quest to catch Haley's Comet, accompanied by Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer, with diversions into Twain's stories and such.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Tzadqiel View Post
                    On the must watch at least twice a year list, Kung Pow ,Big Trouble in Little China and Strange Brew. Sometimes all in a row. There is usually alot of booze involved though.
                    I had a lot of fun watching Big Trouble in Little China. And, of course, Kung Fu Hustle is a real hoot, especially for those of us who've been watching HK kung fu flicks since the 1960s.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Zulu. The movie that made me want to die singing "Men of Harlech."


                      The Boondock Saints. The movie that made me want to convert to Catholicism.

                      McClintock. The Duke romances his estranged wife by beating her with a shovel. Also there's a huge fight on a mud slide.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                        I think this is a classic, and you can watch the whole thing on youtube:

                        Basically, it's a claymation movie where Mark Twain is the captain of a flying steamboat on a quest to catch Haley's Comet, accompanied by Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer, with diversions into Twain's stories and such.
                        I love Mark Twain, esp. things like "1601" and "Letters from the Earth." If only this weren't claymation -- the style just doesn't grab me.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          You are up at all sorts of ungodly hours, MBL

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                            You are up at all sorts of ungodly hours, MBL
                            Would those be Atheist hours then?

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
                              Zulu. The movie that made me want to die singing "Men of Harlech."


                              The Boondock Saints. The movie that made me want to convert to Catholicism.

                              McClintock. The Duke romances his estranged wife by beating her with a shovel. Also there's a huge fight on a mud slide.
                              Now there's a worldly man of taste.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by MovableBookLady View Post
                                I love Mark Twain, esp. things like "1601" and "Letters from the Earth." If only this weren't claymation -- the style just doesn't grab me.
                                Heh, my dad and I read "Letters from Earth" when I was 12. It changed the way I looked at human relationships.

                                Plus, "For wheresoever she was, there was my Eden" has got to be one of the most romantic things a man ever said to a woman. Sometimes when we're at parties, I'll say that about my wife when I know she's in earshot. Even after 20 years of being together, she still smiles.
                                Shut the hell up and train.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X