Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feudal Japanese Assassins like Whale Burgers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feudal Japanese Assassins like Whale Burgers?

When national pride and a sense of entitlement clearly precludes any aknowledgement of unsound economics you get this sort of carry on.

http://www.news.com.au/national/ninj...7525901http://

Me no like Ninja's - Sea Shepard gets a another donation.

Question: Anyone ou there tried whale meat? Just curious what it may taste like?

The "Bob Barker" and "Steve Irwin" plus some weird Japanese ship names I'm sure are from naruto or one of those animes the kids are watching these days.......

At first, I was sure I was reading another joke article but alas no punch line. Therefore, what I just read must be true, after all it's the unwritten code of the internet.... no punch line= absolute truth. Now I can quote it as fact whilst I pompously look down my nose at the non-current event reading world of warcrafters I work with.

Comment

A friend of mine was married to a Japanese woman and at one of there little dinner party's she pulled out a tin of whale meat that she had sent over by her parents. It was quite a sweet meat. Not sure what to compare it to really; sort of like a really sweet bit of lamb but with the moisture and texture of shredded duck. It went down great with a green tea jelly she made which was very bitter.

Makes me wonder what panda tastes like.
      Train hard, fight easy.

Comment

"We make sure we don't injure anybody but we're up against an opposition that has no hesitation in killing us. But there's only so far they can go without getting a backlash."
        "I mean, like, nobody's getting sprayed in the face with acid or had eyes shot out with slingshots."
        _______

A person with no hesitation to kill might be inclined to board, try and hang from the yard arm every 'pirate' they saw. Instead we get sprayed with hoses and empty threats from fishermen in black tights. Clearly, the level of rhetoric has jumped ship.

We need more high seas shuriken-meat cleaver battles and fast.
        http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Comment

Spraying a water cannon across the deck of a ship at sea is a pretty fucking murderous thing to do actually. And I think you might have missed the part where a ship was rammed and sunk.

My dad races, and even on a calm day, sailing is no picnic. You're only ever a slip away from being fucked, you do not screw around with the ocean son.

So no, the rhetoric hasn't jumped ship at all IMO.
          Last edited by Lu Tze; 1/06/2012 8:42pm, .

Comment

Did you miss the part where they intentionally run in their path? I mean, you wouldn't react the same way if dudes with issues concerning trains and their ecological impact started playing chicken in a similar manner. So, like, a guy goes and 'Dukes of Hazard' his car across the tracks.
            It wouldn't necessarily be 'justified', but you still couldn't entirely fault the conductor, since it takes him a mile to stop.

You're absolutely right. The sea is a dangerous place, which is why you shouldn't play games with "8030 ton" ships. Or try to board them.

(notice he even gets fed)

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Comment

Sure I agree, the protesters are putting their own lives in danger... but fuck off with the squirming around, because that wasn't my point at all.

It's the dismissive "spray with hose" comment I took umbrage with, a water cannon isn't just a hose, and you know it. If it were, I'd be guilty of war crimes every time I filled my nephew's paddling pool.

Comment

Fuck Sea Shepard.
                I hate those guys.
                I was lmao when the Ady Gil sank.

Comment

Originally posted by Lu Tze View Post
                  Sure I agree, the protesters are putting their own lives in danger... but fuck off with the squirming around, because that wasn't my point at all.

It's the dismissive "spray with hose" comment I took umbrage with, a water cannon isn't just a hose, and you know it. If it were, I'd be guilty of war crimes every time I filled my nephew's paddling pool.
                  I understand. Then how do you feel about throwing smoke bombs and bottles of acid and/or laying tow cables in the path of ships. Clearly, these too must be dangerous acts.

Despite the misnomer of 'its rotten butter', I tend to take a more stringent view of this, as any purified substance has greater dangers associated with it. More so, the MSDS states that it is :
                  Harmful if swallowed or inhaled. Corrosive. Extremely unpleasant smell may cause nausea. Liquid may burn skin and eyes. Readily absorbed through the skin. Severe skin, eye and respiratory irritant.
                  I trust the MSDS hand over fist more, than I trust the word of a dude who throws acid at people for a living.

I don't feel it was dismissive, but more in the view that they have the right to defend themselves. They aren't the aggressors here.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X