Crossfit games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossfit games

I was watching this years event on LIVE the other day and was blown away by the level of athleticism displayed by the participants as well as the insane cardio the events demand of the body. Does anyone know of any other event similar to this one and if so how does it stack up to the three day crossfit event in terms of difficulty?

Also most of the chicks were fine as hell exept for the inevitable butchy looking ones. I could watch them clean and jerk in their cali socks all day long...

Originally posted by Rudenoodle View Post

Also most of the chicks were fine as hell exept for the inevitable butchy looking ones. I could watch them clean and jerk in their cali socks all day long...
    Yeah, crossfit chicks are SOOOO hot!!! I haven't seen any other events that stack up to this one. You have those ninja warrior things, but they are not on this level. Crossfit throws more strength stuff into it where the ninja warrior thing is like an obsticle course. That's the closest I've seen.

SOOO hot!!!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

meh its just people trying to be the best at exercising, fucking boring to watch imo

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
        meh its just people trying to be the best at exercising, fucking boring to watch imo

Would you consider crossfit games a sport?

Comment

This thought is why the Games will never be truly popular. I competed in them at the Regional level (I am nowhere near fit enough to make it to the finals, even on a team) and they are great fun to do, but unless Crossfit is your thing, they just aren't fun to watch. I like watching, but I am a fan, not the general public. Similar to Olympic Weightlifting, it just isn't interesting to people who are part of the group already. Impressive, but not sufficiently interesting.

In regard to the OP's question, there isn't much like it out there, although in some ways Strongman events are similar, if limited to strength/power events.

Comment

strongman is interesting cos watching freaks pick up cars never gets dull. weightlifting at the olympics is the same, its one of my favourite events. its a pure "who is strongest" kinda thing.

crossfit events are people working out. i saw one where they were jumping on a stationary bike as part of it. what a fucking lol.

Comment

strongman is interesting cos watching freaks pick up cars never gets dull. weightlifting at the olympics is the same, its one of my favourite events. its a pure "who is strongest" kinda thing.

crossfit events are people working out. i saw one where they were jumping on a stationary bike as part of it. what a fucking lol.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'm sorry. Didn't quite catch that. Could you repeat it please?

Do you have the video of bike jumps?

Comment

Watching Olympic lifting is watching people work out. Strongman is watching people workout with odd objects. To say you prefer one and that makes it better is like saying vanilla ice cream is bad because you prefer chocolate. Now, Strongman is much more marketable, because uninformed people understand that cars, trucks, etc are really heavy and it brings the competitive strength into perspective. Most people have never done anything at the intensity of a CF Games competitor, so they don't really understand what is going on. Men's Gymnastics suffers from this as well and it is basically just people working out with bodyweight movements. They shit they do is insane. Even the easiest of it, the stuff that doesn't even count for points, most of the world has no hope of succeeding at. But it isn't terribly popular because few people understand it.

The strange thing about the stationary bike event was that I have never seen a CF workout that involved a stationary bike and have never been to a CF gym that has one. That part of the event was much maligned within the community.

If you want to watch the lolz, you should watch the skills section, which includes a softball throw for distance. It really highlights the difference between being very fit and being naturally athletic. A few competitors DNF'd because they couldn't get the ball to land between the lines.

Comment

http://youtu.be/FEoI9IWLDvA

An example of a crossfit event for those who are intrested.

Comment

I LOL'D

http://joshsgarage.typepad.com/Cross..._Timeline.html

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X