RE: Zombie Outbreak and the Military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Zombie Outbreak and the Military

Didn't want to divert the conversation further away from the movie Dawn of the Dead discussed in this thread:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...threadid=10741

But I'd like to discuss this quote further:

Originally posted by Shumagorath
    The military was totally written out, from naval bombardment / aircraft carriers to Blackhawk attack choppers. I realize that it would defeat the whole point of a zombie apocalypse movie, but I can't help but feel cheated. I want to see zombie hordes getting gunned down by choppers and clusterbombed to bits. Oh well.
    What do you think the American military SHOULD do in the event of a zombie outbreak (similar to that in the movie "Dawn of the Dead")? What would inevitably happen?

I feel that yes you can bombard them from afar, call in air strikes, ETC... But given the property damage and possible death of american civilians doesn't it make more sense to hunker down and wait until you know what you are dealing with? In particular how the "disease" is transmitted?

I'd be in favor of organizing groups of zombie hunter groups to locate trapped humans... but I don't think it makes sense to be blow one of our own cities to hell just to kill zombies!!!!11

Last edited by Deadpan Scientist; 3/29/2004 6:00pm, .
    Now or never.

zombies are like a demon possesed limb: The only way to deal with a city they are in is to lop it off and replace it with a chainsaw.

With that and a bang stick you're ready to go.

Comment

Do we have appropriate body armor? If I'm wearing a space suit can I wander into a pack of zombies care free? I wonder....

Dochter -- isn't it a BOOM stick?!!1
      Now or never.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Dreadnought; 3/29/2004 5:32pm, .
          Originally posted by The Wastrel
          I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
            I think they could come up with SOMETHING bite proof.
            True enough... they "could" make one if they had the time..... heck this f-er and his bear suit would likely be ok:

http://www.nfb.ca/grizzly/troy.html

But in terms of availability... limited until they could be mass produced. What should the military do in the meantime?
            Now or never.

Comment

Good stuff, Shumagorath!!

brandeissansoo ... I dunno -- anything that can be taken off with hands either by accident or intentionally... I don't think I'd trust. Plus there are gaps in the armor and most of us aren't used to lugging around all that extra weight. Zombies would eat canned food too I'm thinking.
              Now or never.

Comment

Like the group of militia in 28 Days Later?
                Now or never.

Comment

I clicked on this thread and my nerdometer just exploded.
                  The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
                  - Pizdoff

Comment

One other thought, Shumagorath:

If you DID exterminate thousands (millions?) of zombies and a cure or... something... were later found down the road... imagine the backlash. :(
                    Now or never.

Comment

In the case of a Zombie outbreak, I think the military SHOULD be called in.. Air Raids, Tanks, and what not. I mean, a single tank could stand against an entire horde of zombies. Well that's my input of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by shironinja
                        One other thought, Shumagorath:

If you DID exterminate thousands (millions?) of zombies and a cure or... something... were later found down the road... imagine the backlash. :(
                        I'm willing to shoot first and ask questions later so there is a tomorrow, instead of looking for a cure to undead cannibal frenzy syndrome.
                        Originally posted by The Wastrel
                        I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Comment

Originally posted by Shumagorath
                          I'm willing to shoot first and ask questions later so there is a tomorrow, instead of looking for a cure to undead cannibal frenzy syndrome.
                          I have to agree highly. I mean, kill or be killed. Fuck that, I'm not gonna get eaten by some undead cannibalistic fucker.

Comment

There are enough nuclear weapons in the world that even if every major city gets infested... well.... instant sterilization
                            Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
                            "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Comment

If you come back two months later is a zombie still a zombie? ... or will it have run out of flesh to eat and stop moving?
                              Now or never.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X