Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog in danger of being put down, please complain here

For those who don't frequent Facebook:

My friend's (Marguerite Barrier) German Shepherd, Gigi, has been impounded and is facing destruction because 1 woman (Sue Roberts) has made a complaint without physical evidence of any kind to the Contra Costa County Animal Control. This dog is a fixture at our barn and a much beloved animal. Gigi is around strange children and adults everyday, horses, chickens, cats, pigs, etc. and has NEVER offered ANY KIND of even moderately aggressive behavior. She is loving and protective of the children and Marguerite's son, Tristan (age 3), calls her Mama Gigi. This is a wonderful dog and should not be the victim of Sue Robert's neighborhood vendetta. Multiple children and adults have written letters to Contra Costa County's Animal Control extolling Gigi's virtues. Animal Control told them flat out that they wouldn't believe the letters, just Sue Robert's complaints, without any evidence!! Gigi have never bitten, snarled, snapped, or otherwise offered aggression or harm to a human or animal. Please help us save her from an unjust death! Show your support for Gigi by spreading this message and contacting Contra Costa County Animal Control at 925-335-8300 or posting on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ccasd. We find out Gigi's trial date tomorrow and I'll post more on that then. Thank you so much and please help me save this wonderful dog and a little boy's best friend.

-Alyssa Rosenbloom

Use my sample message if busy:

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I understand that an Alsatian dog named Gigi is facing the possibility of euthanasia based on a complaint by a member of its owner's neighborhood. I would urge you not to put the dog down given that there was no actual physical evidence reported that this dog has in fact attacked any human. This is a hugely disproportionate response given aforementioned lack of physical evidence.

Yours sincerely,

http://www.co.contra-costa.ca.us/forms.aspx?FID=153

This is where y'all post about how you're too manly to care and only pussies care if a dog gets put down, but hey, at least I tried.

Looking at the 'Contra Costa Animal Services' Facebook page they don't seem to be the type of organisation that would put a dog down just because they felt like it:

About

To protect the public and the animals in our community; prevent cruelty, abuse, and neglect of animals in Contra Costa County.

BE KIND TO ANIMALS
    "At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love."
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Company Overview

Performance Report 2008 Overview:

In 2008 alone, CCASD saved the lives of 8,169 homeless, injured, orphaned, unwanted, abandoned, and/or mistreated animals. (This includes all animals saved, not only dogs and cats.)
    CCASD is an open admissions shelter. We accept ALL stray, lost, and abandoned animals regardless of temperament or medical condition. Every animal brought to our door is welcome.... This makes for a tough challenge as animals are often considered disposable commodities by far too many people.

Comment

Is there any background information we should be aware of? I can't imagine someone just complaining about a dog and animal services taking it and putting it down. What claims does this nutty dog hater make? Does she have some sort of personal vendetta against the dog owners?

It's pretty fucked up what can happen based on lies someone just makes what. Not to derail but here's a little story along the same line, it doesn't relate to animals specifically so skip on past if you're only interested in animal rights.

For example, my brother received a letter from a detective on his doorstep that the detective wanted to ask him some questions about a break in on his(my brother's) street. My brother who is a full time student with nothing to hide contacts the detective and arranges to visit the detective at his office. My brother arrived to the appointment early and the detective commented that no one is ever early, my brother felt he had nothing to hide and told the detective that he had a busy class schedule. The detective starts questioning my brother and starts telling that he has three sworn testimonies that my brother broke into a house on the block. The detective had no other evidence only testimonies. The detective wouldn't tell who gave the testimonies but my brother speculated that they were from former room mates that my brother kicked out for not paying bills. The detective's questions became more leading. The detective said that most robberies are done by a neighbor and started becoming accusatory. My brother eventually suggested that maybe he should speak to a lawyer. The detective became angry and took my brother into custody. He had to get bailed out and was looking for a lawyer. It just so happens that a family member of ours who is a vietnam veteran was good friends with the state attorney whom he went to flight school with. The state attorney looked into the case saw there was no evidence against my brother other than testimony from witnesses who had an agenda with my brother. The charges were dropped as far as I know.

My point with this whole story? Three guys made up a lie with no evidence to back it up and my brother 1)spent time in jail, 2)has an arrest on his record for burglary which he is in the process of getting removed. 3) had to come up with bail money 4) nearly had to get a lawyer. The whole process was costly and could have been worse. My brother is a poor ass college student and it's pure luck he was able to get off.

Comment

Lil'Volverine,

Is there any bad blood or link between Marguerite Barrier and Sue Roberts previous to this?

Has anyone on your end tried going higher up the chain of command at CCCAC?

Usually there's a three day or about that waiting period. When is the dog scheduled to be put down?
        Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Personally I think this is just internet bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by ty5 View Post
            Personally I think this is just internet bullshit.
            It's sad that email and social networks have jaded us to thinking that sad stories about animals etc are just Internet bullshit. Sad because its true. Pet owners love their animals and would do anything for them, including lying. I think its kinda fishy because she's in CA, and the law is that to be declared a vicious or dangerous dog, there's certain criteria.
            Any dog which, when unprovoked, on two separate occasions within the prior 36-month period, has killed, seriously bitten, inflicted injury, or otherwise caused injury attacking a domestic animal off the property of the owner or keeper of the dog.
            Without such a label, I don't see why the state would pursue this, and without any record of violence I don't see the need for such a label.

Maybe I'm wrong, and it would be sad if an innocent dog was put to sleep. But it's not uncommon for folks around here to require proof to believe a questionable story.

Comment

Wasn't lil'wolverine banned for posting shit (literally!), is this her first post back?

Comment

Wait...Gigi gets a "trial"?

Animal trials? In 2011? Really?
                '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Animal trials? In 2011? Really?

You see Rabbit...There is hope for you as well!

Comment

Originally posted by jspeedy View Post
                    Is there any background information we should be aware of? I can't imagine someone just complaining about a dog and animal services taking it and putting it down. What claims does this nutty dog hater make? Does she have some sort of personal vendetta against the dog owners?

It's pretty fucked up what can happen based on lies someone just makes what. Not to derail but here's a little story along the same line, it doesn't relate to animals specifically so skip on past if you're only interested in animal rights.

For example, my brother received a letter from a detective on his doorstep that the detective wanted to ask him some questions about a break in on his(my brother's) street. My brother who is a full time student with nothing to hide contacts the detective and arranges to visit the detective at his office. My brother arrived to the appointment early and the detective commented that no one is ever early, my brother felt he had nothing to hide and told the detective that he had a busy class schedule. The detective starts questioning my brother and starts telling that he has three sworn testimonies that my brother broke into a house on the block. The detective had no other evidence only testimonies. The detective wouldn't tell who gave the testimonies but my brother speculated that they were from former room mates that my brother kicked out for not paying bills. The detective's questions became more leading. The detective said that most robberies are done by a neighbor and started becoming accusatory. My brother eventually suggested that maybe he should speak to a lawyer. The detective became angry and took my brother into custody. He had to get bailed out and was looking for a lawyer. It just so happens that a family member of ours who is a vietnam veteran was good friends with the state attorney whom he went to flight school with. The state attorney looked into the case saw there was no evidence against my brother other than testimony from witnesses who had an agenda with my brother. The charges were dropped as far as I know.

My point with this whole story? Three guys made up a lie with no evidence to back it up and my brother 1)spent time in jail, 2)has an arrest on his record for burglary which he is in the process of getting removed. 3) had to come up with bail money 4) nearly had to get a lawyer. The whole process was costly and could have been worse. My brother is a poor ass college student and it's pure luck he was able to get off.
                    Never talk to the cops without a lawyer. Never. 5th amendment baby

Comment

Originally posted by Cayvmann View Post
                      Never talk to the cops without a lawyer. Never. 5th amendment baby
                      They'll make you sing like a canary...?

Comment

Well, this looks like a good place to post this sad story. I own this beautiful, loving, and playfull cat. This cat really loves people and once pulled all of the children out of a burning school building. It has become too expensive to keep this cat and I need a lot of donations to keep this cat alive. Please send me all of your money so this cat can stay alive. Next month we can work on saving my puppy, or perhaps my pet whale.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom .C View Post

Well, this looks like a good place to post this sad story. I own this beautiful, loving, and playfull cat. This cat really loves people and once pulled all of the children out of a burning school building. It has become too expensive to keep this cat and I need a lot of donations to keep this cat alive. Please send me all of your money so this cat can stay alive. Next month we can work on saving my puppy, or perhaps my pet whale.
                          Damn! if I hadn't just forwarded all my money to unlock my rich Nigerian Uncle's estate I would be all over this!

Comment

Cat's not bad if pressure cooked.

Tastes like pussy.
                            Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by Pharabus View Post
                              Wasn't lil'wolverine banned for posting shit (literally!), is this her first post back?
                              Yep, I got it fixed. It was turned into a temp ban.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X