2012 Ghost Rider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 Ghost Rider

The first one was cheesy fun. If this is just a modicum better I will be happy.

I saw this preview at Comicon and was pretty stoked for it. It has Christopher Lambert, which is cool....I always like seeing him but the key things are the director(s) and writer.

I know you didn't like Daredevil and the same director did the first Ghost Rider. Spirits of Vengeance has Neveldine and Taylor directing, so if you liked the visuals of Crank 1 and 2 and Gamer, you should like the looks of Ghost Rider.

Johnson not only wrote and directed Dardevil, he did the same with Ghost Rider. Spirits of Vengeance has David Goyer (Dark Knight, Blade, Batman Begins) as a writer.

Plus Idris Elba.

Comment

I liked the first Ghost Rider. It wasn't great, but it was much better than Daredevil. i didn't like Crank 1 or 2. The directing was fine and decent in both movies the stories were okay to crappy (2 and Daredevil).

The story was lazy, but the directing was fine in Ghost Rider. The biggest problem was he mowed through enemies to easily. Like I said if it is just a bit better I will be happy. Goyer is hit or miss he has the blade trilogy and the batman trilogy as B and A respectively. Since he has been tapped to write the new legendary pictures Godzilla I'm hoping this will be his miss.

Comment

Nick Cage...god bless him.

The man likes to work, you have to give him that, and he doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks about it.

The visceral "Jerry Bruckheimer" like treatment could do wonders given how shitty, toned down, emo, and pathetic the first attempt was.

Goth dork villains? Please...

Where is classic nemesis Death Ninja?

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 8/22/2011 11:21pm, .

Comment

The first Ghost Rider movie was totally watchable because it had Ghost Rider in it and I fucking love Ghost Rider. Moreover, the new Ghost Rider should be better for the simple fact that it isn't an origin story, because Ghost Rider's origin story is dumb, his character is self explanatory, and all the awesome parts of the Ghost Rider comics involve him riding motorcycles and setting people on fire.

I do kind of hope they use Vengeance at some point, though. Nothing quite like an evil(or just an asshole, depending on circumstances) Ghost Rider to work as an effective foil to the not-evil(depending on circumstances) Ghost Rider.

Comment

IMO, I thought that the first Ghost Rider movie was ok - watchable, but not as good as other modern superheroe movies.

But I will add this movie to the list of movies to watch in 2012, along with the Avengers :)

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
              Nick Cage...god bless him.

The man likes to work, you have to give him that, and he doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks about it.
              Alternatively, he owed somewhere in the realm of $18 million in unpaid State and Federal taxes (circa last year), so he's been doing pretty much every movie that comes his way to help pay that off.

I'll be the minority here who honestly didn't like the first Ghost Rider movie. As mentioned previously, the fights were so short and one-sided that it didn't seem like the Rider faced any credible enemies, and the final confrontation was so completely lame: "You can't Penance Stare me, I don't have a soul! But check back in at the end of the movie, I'm bound to have a thousand of them swirling around."

Still I have higher hopes for the sequel. Also, I liked Daredevil (but only the Director's Cut) which removed the romance, gave us some Coolio, and did other awesome things.

Comment

I have owned the first GR on DVD since it was released and I have STILL not watched it, for fear that I will be disappointed in what they did to one of my favourite characters. I am still seething with anger at the treatment that Daredevil was given, as he was my favourite.

Hopefully I won't be disappointed.
                I feel like you eye-bawlin' me, dawg!

Comment

I thought the first GR was not that bad - it just had little to nothing to do with the tone of the comic books, from what I recall.

Also, the "origin story" concept limited the character. I would have liked to see him described without using the usual superhero formula, as an absolute figure (kind of like they did with the Joker in TDK, or the Hulk in the 2008 movie).
                  www.childsplaycharity.org

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
                    I have owned the first GR on DVD since it was released and I have STILL not watched it, for fear that I will be disappointed in what they did to one of my favourite characters. I am still seething with anger at the treatment that Daredevil was given, as he was my favourite.

Hopefully I won't be disappointed.
                    They mixed Johnny Blaze with the the Danny Ketch Ghost rider. Which was okay. The rider did everything he was supposed to out of the comic. the story was just meh. Daredevil irked me because they changed too much and he seemed closer to spiderman than an acrobatic human.

Comment

The CGI looks better in Spirits of Vengeance than they did in the first Ghost Rider

Comment

Much better and it still could use some clean up. I know that is why they delayed the first one. It was slated for fall/winter release and they pushed it to February.

Comment

I hope they have gone 4D.

Comment

No, I do not want to smell brimstone and burnt rubber.

Comment

scratch and sniff chimp videos and Karen Carpenter vomit

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X