Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bestest student job :)

Greetings.

What part time work is best for a student? Things that would be great is extra money from tips or extra benefits like free food. It would also be great if the job is something that doesn't completely exhaust you. Ideas much appreciated. Maybe we can crown a certain job as best student job?

Pizza delivery boy. Pizza. Tips. Flexible hours. pizza.

You might try being a bouncer.

Unless you have some other skill you can put to work.

Shortly after the movie 8 mile came out my friend became a music producer (kinda). He knew how to run some music mixing programs on teh 'puter. Brought a mic, made a sound booth. and sat on his butt as dumbass after dumbass PAID him for 'studio time'. Good times.

EDIT: Drug dealer. I forgot Drug dealer.

And drug mule. how could i forget drug mule.
    Last edited by The_Beak; 7/13/2011 4:38pm, .

Comment

Adult films?

Comment

Three words:

Comic. Book. Store.
        www.childsplaycharity.org

Comment

If it's only casual it shouldn't matter. As long as you can deal with the job and work it around your classes and studying time. Fast food places probably being the easiest solution. What are you studying? Perhaps you can find work in a place related to your subject.

Comment

When I was 15-18 I did promotion for a latin nightclub in Manhattan. It didn't suck.

Comment

Do American universities have student unions?

If so then they often have good job opportunities throw them.
              sigpic

Comment

Be your own boss. Knock on doors to wash cars or do gardens. That got me through college and I drank a LOT. I doubled that up with playing the stock market on penny stocks from a lump sum I borrowed from the college bank for a new computer - luckily it paid off. Either that or... dvd library:)

Comment

Originally posted by Uglybugly View Post
                  Greetings.

What part time work is best for a student?
                  Maybe we can crown a certain job as best student job?
                  1. Do something 'adventurous' and fun, like tree planting up in the wilderness.
                  2. What are you studying?
                  I would personally focus on career, so try to get internships at companies you might want to work for in the future to a) Build up your professional network b) See if that is something you really want to do in the future

Decent article on some ideas of summer work for students
                  http://career-advice.monster.ca/job-...a/article.aspx
                  Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Originally posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
                    Three words:

Comic. Book. Store.
                    I don't see how this profession brings anything except for lazy days and normal salary.. not that there is anything wrong with lazy days.

Comment

Depends on your location, but here waiters can make decent money for what amounts to part time work.
                      You do need a busy restaurant and be willing to bust ass, but it is essentially a commission sales job where you know everyone is buying something.
                      In the restaurant i worked at $100 in tips was a slow night, so even that is a couple grand a month plus free meals on the nights i worked.
                      I got laid much and drank fine wine too.
                      Of course then there's the busy nights.
                      Good nights were $500 and up, i've made over $600 on one table.
                      That's pretty hard to beat as a student.

Comment

When I was a student, I worked as a shuttle driver/bellhop at a hotel. Got good tips, and when nobody needed anything I could sit and read in the little staff room near the front desk. The summer I spent on the night shift was the best. The tips weren't as good, but there was a lot of doing nothing on that 11pm-7am shift, so I got plenty of study time in.

Comment

Playboy bunny, the accommodation is superb, the women you would be working with are all gorgeous, there is a fantastic dental and medical plan.... there is a downside but as long as you can outrun a hundred and 52 year old man you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Uglybugly View Post
                            I don't see how this profession brings anything except for lazy days and normal salary.. not that there is anything wrong with lazy days.
                            I would think that comic shopkeeper would have the highest traffic of fat smelly 20 somethings aside from working in a tabletop game store.

Comment

When I was younger, I would go to the New England resort areas (Provincetown and Ogunquit) and take seasonal jobs waiting tables and cleaning motel rooms. Usually they work something out for lodging. One wouldn't think these are great jobs, but the amount of Bulgarian, Romanian, and Quebecois females working the summer jobs more than made up for it.

Later on I got a sweet job as an assistant chef at a girl scout camp. Room and board was provided, and I was the only straight guy with all his teeth in a 20 mile radius,

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X