• Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Good music Boby. Love Motown.

Anyway, here's The La's, a common term of familiarity in Liverpool. This is the LA version. A great melodic pop song, with the bonus of a cutie.

Comment

The Christians. A family group - again from Liverpool. Garry Christian is the Lead Singer. By coincidence, most of the songs were written by another group member called Priestman. You couldn't make it up. Great harmonies. Sadly, poor sound but still great. This is late 1980s.

Comment

One of the all time awesome vocal talents. I don't really favor his production (or Sam Cooke's) but what a voice, and what a live energy.

This one here, listen to Jackie, and also listen to the badass bass player killing that walking bassline.

ok, he's LSing here, but still.

Comment

Some of my first loves (along with JS Bach) as a kid.

Comment

Comment

Now the funny thing about this vid by Dexy's Midnight Runners (their homage to Jackie) is that the BBC thought it was Jockie Wilson. A rather portly (but brilliant) darts player and it's his very large photo displayed in the background. Still, a great song so you can forgive them.

Comment

Re Eddie Cochran, here's The Who doing "Summertime Blues". It's from their classic "Live At Leeds", yep, I've got the LP and the CD version (for that matter). No overdubs.

Comment

Lip synced live, but it's nice to see these classic acts in the flesh, even if the production goals/realities of the time rob us of footage of their actual voice, in many instances.

One of my all time favorite songs.

Best seen during a viewing of "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert"

One of the best examples of seamless falsetto to full voice singing I've ever heard. I've listened to this hundreds and hundreds of times. This and many others. I listen to classic songs, like people eat their favorite foods. Marvin Gaye's breath control was perfect. A tragic death.

Comment

written by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller (and possibly Johnny Otis) and originally recorded by Willie Mae "Big Mama" Thornton in 1952. Later popularized by Elvis.

Comment

Live. As in "LIVE", as in without backing tapes...Mellow out...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X