No announcement yet.

What are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

This one is for AprilRains. Just some creepy shit I heard on WPRB on the way home from the gym tonight, but it got me thunking, then I saw the video when I got home and was like "yep, that's the one".

Partner track is this pretty nifty homemade animation short.

'�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

At the risk of having Rabbit tell me how wrong I am, I popped this video (a song I really enjoy) on the discord just a bit ago as an example of the similarities between swing and breaking:

Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Another good entry, and also a song (and band) that I thoroughly enjoy:

Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                    At the risk of having Rabbit tell me how wrong I am, I popped this video (a song I really enjoy) on the discord just a bit ago as an example of the similarities between swing and breaking:

I always knew you were a hipster incognito.

I don't have a hip bone in my whole body, so I cope by headbanging.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

I always knew you were a hipster incognito.

I don't have a hip bone in my whole body, so I cope by headbanging.
                      Not incognito, just retired. 15-ish years ago you could find me swing dancing, rumba, samba, tango, argentine tango, etc. Swing and argentine were my faves. It's a nifty social circle to get into, if you're into it.

Comment

Not incognito, just retired. 15-ish years ago you could find me swing dancing, rumba, samba, tango, argentine tango, etc. Swing and argentine were my faves. It's a nifty social circle to get into, if you're into it.

One of my college buds (a socially awkward but gifted programmer/artist and Quake II skinner who now works for Google$) met his wife (smoking hot redhead) in that circle. So when I watch Swingers I always think of him and smile, because he was Trent to my Mikey. So fucking annoying, but I miss him.

Mrs. Rabbit was more the railgun one shot Giblord loving type. She prefers a man with focus, and hates swing music because of the Squirrel Nut Zippers, so i keep it old school.

I don't bother chasing mice around
                        I slink down the alley looking for a fight
                        Howling to the moonlight on a hot summer night..

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/21/2020 10:05am, .

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

One of my college buds (a socially awkward but gifted programmer/artist and Quake II skinner who now works for Google$) met his wife (smoking hot redhead) in that circle. So when I watch Swingers I always think of him and smile, because he was Trent to my Mikey. So fucking annoying, but I miss him.

Mrs. Rabbit was more the railgun one shot Giblord type loving type. She prefers a man with focus, and hates swing music because of the Squirrel Nut Zippers, so i keep it old school.

i don't bother chasing mice around
                          I slink down the alleyway looking for a fight
                          Howling to the moonlight on a hot summer night..

I have Setzer's Xmas album. It's pretty good.

Comment

I have Setzer's Xmas album. It's pretty good.
                            Which, Boogie Woogie or Dig that Crazy Xmas?

My mom loved both and used to play them every Christmas for a few years.

Eventually I had to destroy them, and I won't lie, I felt closure.

Comment

Boogie Woogie. I didn't realize he had two offerings.

Comment

Boogie Woogie. I didn't realize he had two offerings.
                                Probably for the best, you don't want to alienate your kids even further. ><

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X