No announcement yet.

What are you listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Comment

That's an interesting band...sounded like the Dropkick Murphys, then I realized they are definitely not from Massachusetts and are named after a DM song.

Galician/Celtic Punk? I can support this.
        '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

"Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
              Ode to lost OPs here, eh?
              Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Comment

Hard to believe it's been 20 years...

Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

This is hilarious and awesome. Bonus points: mentions Jiu Jitsu...
                    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Lem Kilmister, underrated and unappreciated in mainstream audiences for far too long.

Also, holy crap I want that 4004 Rickenbacker bass. That's a beautiful instrument.

Comment

Umphrey's McGee, mix of...well...just listen I guess...

Saw them live last night at a small venue in Sandpoint, Idaho. Wow, just wow...

Guitar Solo...
                        Last edited by BKR; 3/11/2019 3:56pm, .

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                          Umphrey's McGee, mix of...well...just listen I guess...

Saw them live last night at a small venue in Sandpoint, Idaho. Wow, just wow...

Guitar Solo...
                          Nifty. I hear shades of Santana, Spyro Gyra, Rush, and others.

(edit) definitely some Jerr Bear in that second clip.
                          (edit moar) and some Eric Johnson, or Satriani perhaps

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                            Nifty. I hear shades of Santana, Spyro Gyra, Rush, and others.

(edit) definitely some Jerr Bear in that second clip.
                            (edit moar) and some Eric Johnson, or Satriani perhaps
                            I know Spyro Gyra, Rush, Santana, not the others. It was like a super technical mix trance, rock and roll, Pink Floyd, Funk, blues, Dave Matthews Band, you name it. Virtuoso musicians to say the least. Definitely not pop-candy kind of music.

They were not big talkers, either, they mostly just played. It seemed like they were just jamming a lot.

The bass player was amazing as well.

End of first set, the guitar solo, absolutely blew everybody away.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

Guitar Solo...
                              That's a pretty sweet solo but mostly I'm annoyed by his fretting hand technique only because I can't do it. Small hands. I'd have to buy a 3/4 guitar to pull that off and my pride won't let me.

I have to keep my thumb in the classic position behind the neck opposite of and between the index and middle finger. If I try to do it his way I can't reach the middle strings. If the neck touches my palm my hands are practically useless. Makes bar cords a real mother too.

Comment

This really took me back to being a kid for a minute. The 80s were the greatest time in the world for a teenager.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X