Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you listening to?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post


    Every song is an A-Side with these guys.
    Yeah, these guys are great, I've been turned on to them for a while, now. The music is solid, but the lyrics are fantastic; some truly dark humor hidden in there, and some right out in your face.

    Along those lines, I've also started liking Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats.
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

    Comment


      Uh huh. That's some hot ass southern rock...............repeat posts of posts.

      Notice the resemblance?

      '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

      My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

      Comment


        Originally posted by submessenger View Post
        Yeah, these guys are great, I've been turned on to them for a while, now. The music is solid, but the lyrics are fantastic; some truly dark humor hidden in there, and some right out in your face.

        Along those lines, I've also started liking Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats.
        "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

        Comment


          Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

          Notice the resemblance?
          Not really. The Danny Trejo cameo was cool though.
          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

          Comment


            Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
            Not really. The Danny Trejo cameo was cool though.
            Huntington Park, California is the birthplace of American metal royalty.

            I have to say as the son of a bluegrass shit kicking loving father, you are cleared for take off on these latest selections.

            Anything to get Elton John's "I'm Still Standing" out of my head, which my youngest won't stop singing since it was featured in "Sing".

            I'll post some Texas metal. I know just what will work.

            '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

            My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

            Comment


              Great Doubt, Great Truth, Great Calm.

              little doubt, little truth, little calm.


              I made my own koan!! hyuahahahhahahhahh

              Last edited by W. Rabbit; 1/18/2019 1:02am, .
              '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

              My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

              Comment


                Shitkicker is more of a Texas term and I never liked it very much. Most of the kids who got described that way were drugstore cowboy types who didn't actually spend any time on a real farm or ranch. They'd say their folks had a ranch but then their dad would turn out not to be a rancher and was almost always something along the lines of a lawyer or a doctor. So not really a rancher, just a guy with money who liked to be around horses. There's a big difference when you have to put your kids to work to make sure ends meet rather than hiring someone to do all the real work. Horse gets sick, get a new horse. Cows? What in the heck fer? Can't look all badass on your horsie in your hundred dollar stetson while riding a cow. Then there were the people who would buy 1 or 2 calves or kids or piglets so their offspring could raise them and show them off at 4H.

                It made for a pretty confusing moments for me that I didn't dress like them but I was one of the few kids who actually regularly worked on a farm.

                I have never ridden a bull but my dumbass cousin did get gored in the head by one.

                Mostly my time was spent in the "garden" which for us was 2 acres (edit: 5 if you count the three acres set aside on the back 20) of personal food crop as opposed to a few square feet in the back of the house that most people think of as a garden. I've grown every vegetable there is to grow in the American south to my knowledge so pot was just one more thing. Peaches in the orchard, apples, pears, pecans, persimmons, some grapes that never came in right, mulberries. Every squash conceivable. Turnips (my personal favorite), radishes, black eyed peas, chickpeas, soybeans, string beans, pinto beans, lima beans, jalapenos, peanuts for nitrogen conditioning, corn, rhubarb, black rice, tomatoes (close alternative training for marijuana growing), potatoes by the truck load, watermelon, honey dew, carrots, English peas, you get the picture. Occassionally put the electric fence up if a deer got in the garden.

                I would also regularly feed and medicate the animals that it was safe me to handle, look for lesions and sickness, kill/cull and clean chickens for supper, gather the eggs, remove the occasional speckled king snake, sheer sheep (which is by far the most miserable work I ever did), that kind of stuff. Annual pig roast at SBC. Play fiddle at the county fair every year so grandpa could make a big deal out of playing the jug. I've maybe only cleaned a dozen deer in my life and I've never bagged one because I'm just shit at deer hunting. Better at scaring deer away. I've bagged and eaten hundreds of squirrels though... which probably explains a few things given the amount of lead shot I've probably accidentally swallowed.

                Regular farm life shit that is just about lost to the majority of America. People tend to know a lot about one part of farming like usually just horses but not enough about the actual day to day of making a farm or ranch work. So as far as I'm concerned, most people are all hat and no cattle these days. No knock against your dad. I'm rambling, I don't know what this has to do about anything but there it is.

                Also,

                Last edited by Dung Beatles; 1/18/2019 4:38am, .
                "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                  Also,

                  Also, ironically not much fiddle until the end for a song about needing to have a fiddle.
                  "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                  Comment


                    Relevant to current events.

                    "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                      Shitkicker is more of a Texas term and I never liked it very much. Most of the kids who got described that way were drugstore cowboy types who didn't actually spend any time on a real farm or ranch. They'd say their folks had a ranch but then their dad would turn out not to be a rancher and was almost always something along the lines of a lawyer or a doctor. So not really a rancher, just a guy with money who liked to be around horses. There's a big difference when you have to put your kids to work to make sure ends meet rather than hiring someone to do all the real work. Horse gets sick, get a new horse. Cows? What in the heck fer? Can't look all badass on your horsie in your hundred dollar stetson while riding a cow. Then there were the people who would buy 1 or 2 calves or kids or piglets so their offspring could raise them and show them off at 4H.

                      It made for a pretty confusing moments for me that I didn't dress like them but I was one of the few kids who actually regularly worked on a farm.

                      I have never ridden a bull but my dumbass cousin did get gored in the head by one.

                      Mostly my time was spent in the "garden" which for us was 2 acres (edit: 5 if you count the three acres set aside on the back 20) of personal food crop as opposed to a few square feet in the back of the house that most people think of as a garden. I've grown every vegetable there is to grow in the American south to my knowledge so pot was just one more thing. Peaches in the orchard, apples, pears, pecans, persimmons, some grapes that never came in right, mulberries. Every squash conceivable. Turnips (my personal favorite), radishes, black eyed peas, chickpeas, soybeans, string beans, pinto beans, lima beans, jalapenos, peanuts for nitrogen conditioning, corn, rhubarb, black rice, tomatoes (close alternative training for marijuana growing), potatoes by the truck load, watermelon, honey dew, carrots, English peas, you get the picture. Occassionally put the electric fence up if a deer got in the garden.

                      I would also regularly feed and medicate the animals that it was safe me to handle, look for lesions and sickness, kill/cull and clean chickens for supper, gather the eggs, remove the occasional speckled king snake, sheer sheep (which is by far the most miserable work I ever did), that kind of stuff. Annual pig roast at SBC. Play fiddle at the county fair every year so grandpa could make a big deal out of playing the jug. I've maybe only cleaned a dozen deer in my life and I've never bagged one because I'm just shit at deer hunting. Better at scaring deer away. I've bagged and eaten hundreds of squirrels though... which probably explains a few things given the amount of lead shot I've probably accidentally swallowed.

                      Regular farm life shit that is just about lost to the majority of America. People tend to know a lot about one part of farming like usually just horses but not enough about the actual day to day of making a farm or ranch work. So as far as I'm concerned, most people are all hat and no cattle these days. No knock against your dad. I'm rambling, I don't know what this has to do about anything but there it is.
                      I have no idea who that was meant for, or the context behind it, but it was a neat peek into your history.
                      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                        Shitkicker is more of a Texas term and I never liked it very much. Most of the kids who got described that way were drugstore cowboy types who didn't actually spend any time on a real farm or ranch. They'd say their folks had a ranch but then their dad would turn out not to be a rancher and was almost always something along the lines of a lawyer or a doctor. So not really a rancher, just a guy with money who liked to be around horses. There's a big difference when you have to put your kids to work to make sure ends meet rather than hiring someone to do all the real work. Horse gets sick, get a new horse. Cows? What in the heck fer? Can't look all badass on your horsie in your hundred dollar stetson while riding a cow. Then there were the people who would buy 1 or 2 calves or kids or piglets so their offspring could raise them and show them off at 4H.

                        It made for a pretty confusing moments for me that I didn't dress like them but I was one of the few kids who actually regularly worked on a farm.

                        I have never ridden a bull but my dumbass cousin did get gored in the head by one.

                        Mostly my time was spent in the "garden" which for us was 2 acres (edit: 5 if you count the three acres set aside on the back 20) of personal food crop as opposed to a few square feet in the back of the house that most people think of as a garden. I've grown every vegetable there is to grow in the American south to my knowledge so pot was just one more thing. Peaches in the orchard, apples, pears, pecans, persimmons, some grapes that never came in right, mulberries. Every squash conceivable. Turnips (my personal favorite), radishes, black eyed peas, chickpeas, soybeans, string beans, pinto beans, lima beans, jalapenos, peanuts for nitrogen conditioning, corn, rhubarb, black rice, tomatoes (close alternative training for marijuana growing), potatoes by the truck load, watermelon, honey dew, carrots, English peas, you get the picture. Occassionally put the electric fence up if a deer got in the garden.

                        I would also regularly feed and medicate the animals that it was safe me to handle, look for lesions and sickness, kill/cull and clean chickens for supper, gather the eggs, remove the occasional speckled king snake, sheer sheep (which is by far the most miserable work I ever did), that kind of stuff. Annual pig roast at SBC. Play fiddle at the county fair every year so grandpa could make a big deal out of playing the jug. I've maybe only cleaned a dozen deer in my life and I've never bagged one because I'm just shit at deer hunting. Better at scaring deer away. I've bagged and eaten hundreds of squirrels though... which probably explains a few things given the amount of lead shot I've probably accidentally swallowed.

                        Regular farm life shit that is just about lost to the majority of America. People tend to know a lot about one part of farming like usually just horses but not enough about the actual day to day of making a farm or ranch work. So as far as I'm concerned, most people are all hat and no cattle these days. No knock against your dad. I'm rambling, I don't know what this has to do about anything but there it is.

                        Also,

                        Thanks for sharing !
                        Falling for Judo since 1980

                        "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                        "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                        "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                          I have no idea who that was meant for, or the context behind it, but it was a neat peek into your history.
                          I'm heavily medicated right now. It's all pretty much stream of consciousness.
                          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
                            I'm heavily medicated right now. It's all pretty much stream of consciousness.
                            As someone who is not an attorney licensed to practice law,

                            I am advising you to take a polypharmacy approach and avoid red salmon.

                            Submessenger, on the spur of the moment, without heavy consideration into the matter, in the spirit of Dung Beatle's brave post,

                            in light of silly comments about my screen name making reference to the fact that I have a PhD,

                            and after a few glasses of whiskey,

                            I officially request that you change my screen name to...Dr. Gonzo.

                            *Also not licensed to practice medicine in any State.
                            Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 1/18/2019 6:27pm, .

                            Comment


                              The doctor is in.

                              It's for the best to make such a brave choice.

                              Dale changed his name to Mor Sau for a similar reason.

                              Don't know what ever happened to Dr Fagbot McGillicuddy....yes, that was a real poster.

                              Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                              As someone who is not an attorney licensed to practice law,

                              I am advising you to take a polypharmacy approach and avoid red salmon.

                              Submessenger, on the spur of the moment, without heavy consideration into the matter, in the spirit of Dung Beatle's brave post,

                              in light of silly comments about my screen name making reference to the fact that I have a PhD,

                              and after a few glasses of whiskey,

                              I officially request that you change my screen name to...Dr. Gonzo.

                              *Also not licensed to practice medicine in any State.
                              '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

                              My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                                I am advising you to take a polypharmacy approach and avoid red salmon.
                                Relax, it's just added OTC cold medicine to a diet rich in more serious pharma. Nyquil is a drug. Reminds me of a college roommate that would occassionally robofry.
                                "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X