a boxing film and a dream...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a boxing film and a dream...

I'm in film school and do a little muay thai on the side. My documentary about one of the oldest boxing gyms in Canada is a finalist in a contest where if enough people vote for me, I win $3000 and they make it into a TV series. This is my shot at something big.

If you've ever felt what its like to have a dream on the line, please take a look and vote:
    http://www.papernyfilms.com/contest
    The full fleshed-out 5-minute version is here:

I Voted.

The coach seems like a good guy.

Comment

Voted, if for nothing else than for seeing a guy there with a Dublin jersey! Seriously though great video, hope you win.

Comment

Voted.

Jesus look at the voting so far though.
        "That was the only way you could destroy me. Neither do I quail at death nor act in deference to any god. So drop your talk, I come resolved to die. But first, there are these gifts I bring for you." At once he hurled a javelin at his enemy, then sent another and another still straight to the mark. - Virgil's The Aeneid

Comment

Voted.

Awesome location! I'm jealous.

Comment

Voted.

Comment

voted
              go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Voted. I also liked the Coach's comments. Good bloke.

I also liked his comment on the parents pushing the child, whereas he was concerned at how the child would turn out as a person. Spot on. A late friend boxed for St Pancras Amateurs in London and was good. However, it was never enough for his father, who said he was 'only interested if he got to wear the Green Vest'. In other words, Boxed for Ireland. For Odacon, yep, the father was a Jackeen.

Sadly he eventually gave it up but the skills remained for life.

Comment

Voted, good luck.

Comment

Voted, although it looks a little lopsided so far.

Good luck

Comment

Thanks, everybody. We've been catching up with your help and also traffic to various other places I had it posted during last weekend's fight.

Comment

Voted. Good luck.

Comment

Voted :)

Comment

Went to vote but contest is over.

You got the first finalist (runner up?) spot after the winner.

Does that mean anything for you?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X