Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exchange student hit by car and killed

It's 4 in the morning.

Several hours ago, an Australian girl on her way back from a birthday party a bar a few blocks down was hit by a car while crossing the street.

For nearly an hour, my friends and I sat in the lounge curious as to what was happening, several of our good friends had left for the hospital without telling us what had happened. We found out there had been an accident but were under the impression it was nothing serious; another broken foot (there were two last semester in this dorm).

I went back to my room to study a little bit and at 2 in the morning or so I got a call from the Center for International Education- an on campus office that closes at 9 every night- they'd dialed the wrong number, were looking for the dorm caretaker.

I went back out and met with my friends in the lounge, we called one of the guys who was gone and asked what had happened. One of the Australian girls had been in a traffic accident and had just died. About 4 or 5 of us sat around for a little bit.

The Turkish girl that had talked on the phone asked us what it meant in English to say that "she's gone". We sat and talked for a bit, school officials came into the lobby to meet with the caretaker and to notify her closest friends who did not yet know.

We asked them if it was true and were told that it was.

We decided to go for a walk. We had figured out from rexamining the previous night that a lot of people had gone to the aforementioned bar for a birthday party, so we walked that way.

About halfway there we came across two fellow exchange students: two guys. It sickens me to guess that they were probably American.

We asked them if they knew what had happened. They responded with something like "oh yeah man, some guy got hit over that way, total mess." We told them it had been an Australian girl living in dorm 1 with us and the little shits responded "No really? it was an exchange student, we thought it was a fucking jap?" At that point I turned on me heel and just started to walk to where they had pointed, as I walked away I could hear them blathering something like "yeah, we went to get our cameras so we could take pictures- oh, it died- I mean she, er, it died?"

Suffice it to say if I hadn't left I'd have fucking decked the both of them. My friends followed quickly and those two morons got lost.

There was a lot of blood. God damn there was a lot of blood. There were just two cops there at that momment, cleaning it up. We talked to them and found out what happened.

The car hit her as she was crossing and pushed her alone about 20 or 30 feet before it stopped and her body hit the curb. Judging by the blood streaks across the road and the truly massive pool on the curb- shit man, there's no way she was alive when the ambulance got there.

We left and came back, the Turks insissted we all eat something. We found her best friend in the girls kitchen, she said that her friend hadn't had much to drink at all that night; she wasn't drunk when she crossed that street.

I'm not exactly sure why I felt I had to tell you all this, I just.

I went to karaoke with her last weekend, she had a funny name, had to ask her like 3 times before I got it right.

She was seeing one of my good friends. Was the room mate of a girl I was seeing at the beginning of the year.

She seemed- she seemed to be a lot of things and I never really found out what they were.

I need to go take a shower.

RIP. I lost a friend last year, 25 years old, heart attack. I never actually knew him well, and I never will now. I know how you feel, believe me.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

I'll express my empathy too. RIP. Just last Sunday I was at the cemetary for the anniversary of the death of my younger cousin by three years. Nothing I will go into detail about but suffice to say he also was taken unjustly and too early in my opinion. I have his namesake on my stomach and it reads,
      Blessed are those who mourn
      In loving memory
      Michael

Comment

Re: Exchange student hit by car and killed

Sorry to hear that... never know when you're gonna go... and we all will die one day.

The quote below really makes me sad -- I can picture ESL friends I know here asking the same.

Originally posted by Dai-Tenshi
        The Turkish girl that had talked on the phone asked us what it meant in English to say that "she's gone".
        RIP... :(
        Now or never.

Comment

Sorry for your lose.
          FrontFaceLock from ADCC: "So thats Royce's secret. Voo doo and nut shots?"

Comment

And so the winds of change blow, on their cruel course, whistling through the air. I empathize with your experience, truly I do. It can be surprising how the loss of a human being who you hardly knew can affect you. Words don't mean shit in the face of death, so I just hope this experience makes you and her friends stronger. May she rest in peace, and may you live long and prosper. I mean that.

Originally posted by ggboxer
            You know what, the hell with this shit. I'll leave my lame ass bitching ways and suck off the site management as my compliments, but I'll maintain my boobtastic status here always.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.
              The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
              - Pizdoff

Comment

Shit man.......crap like this hits close to home....

I buried my grandfather less than 12 hours ago...
                Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Condolences.

Comment

I've seen someone killed by a car. It's pretty shocking how easily it happens.

RIP
                    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
                    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

Originally posted by Guerilla Fists
                      I'll express my empathy too. RIP. Just last Sunday I was at the cemetary for the anniversary of the death of my younger cousin by three years. Nothing I will go into detail about but suffice to say he also was taken unjustly and too early in my opinion. I have his namesake on my stomach and it reads,
                      Blessed are those who mourn
                      In loving memory
                      Michael
                      Interesting, my older cousin who was also named Michael died 4 years ago.

*starts thinking*

Fuck now I'm all tearing and shit.

Comment

I had a friend who died in a car accident a couple of years ago. The worst is that most of them are so easily avoidable and happen only due to drunken/careless/speeding/running red lights driving.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X