How does homeopathy work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radshop View Post
    I still think you are missing the point - except W. Rabbit who actually made a legitimate attempt. Consider this. My first exposure to homeopathy was about 10 years ago - I met a guy who has a Masters in Biochem from Stanford, had worked as biochemist in industry for over 10 years and left to become a naturopathic/homeopathic doctor and went back to school for 3 years getting certified and licensed in California to practice. He recommended homeopathy to me and claimed that it really works based on his (at that time) over 5 years of clinical practice. He had reams of evidence to back up his claim.
    Well, I did my own research and found that there are indeed other bright, educated people who believe in homeopathy and who are convinced that water has a special memory property under certain conditions. I'm not convinced by their arguments, but I think the level of argumentation on this thread is mostly an amateur circle-jerk.
    When you claim to know something is false, and are confronted with your own lack of evidence for that claim, your have no standing to cry "argument from ignorance." Back up your claim.
    Water doesn't have appreciable "memory" the way they say it does. It doesn't. Is a more in depth answer really necessary?

Comment

Originally posted by radshop View Post
      He had reams of evidence to back up his claim.
      Where is it then?

Or are you saying this friend of yours is just sitting on this ground breaking, paradigm shattering, potential Nobel fucking prize winning research... as opposed to, oh I don't know, publishing it?

Comment

Here's a good litmus test. We'll break someone's leg and cut them in an artery, we'll see which kind of medicine saves the patient.

Comment

Originally posted by greatheight View Post
          According to Homeopathy, wouldn't that be the cure for pregnancy? Just sayin...
          ha, nice.

nice article and vid tideliar. I took a class called science and psuedoscience last year and i wish i would have known about the video so i could have brought it up for class. I'm a senior pre-med so this whole thread has been great but i'm pretty disgusted to find out that the government in the uk actually supports this kind of bs. :BangHead:

Comment

James Randi give the explanation why homeopathy is a scam and profit on desperate people.

YouTube - James Randi explains homeopathy

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X